Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is like the person before, who gave the recipe for a "good quality" meat pie.

gently caress you! The whole point of a showbag is the throwaway plastic crap and borderline stale lollies.

But I do agree with you, as an adult, I dunno if I could stand a day at the show, with the crowds, and lugging about multiple heavy showbags with crying whingy kids in tow. But as a little kid, it was ace.

Best year was when we brought the huge pram and basically used it as a shopping trolley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You say that like it's not the rich fuckers getting completely fuckeyed in public.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still vaguely recall a time peeking into what I'm pretty sure were abandoned toilets in a semi vacant lot somewhere in southern Port Lincoln and the whole thing was covered in gigantic cobwebs, but not sure if that's cheating.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lolie posted:

Nothing will ever beat Gina Rinehart's fall at the 2016 Melbourne Cup.

Certainly not by sheer volume.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kangaroos are mostly just bouncy deer. Like any wild animal, they'll defend themselves if they think humans are being aggressive, based on their standards, and feeding them is a bit of a crapshoot.

They're good eating, too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Aware posted:

Its good in stew. Very sweet.

Kangastew

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

EoinCannon posted:

Most species are not protected so I guess you could kill it humanely and not get in trouble?

You can even shoot it and make dinner. Again, basically bouncy deer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

munce posted:

You'd probably only want a bit of an emu egg. Share it with a few people. The whole thing would be like eating 15 normal eggs at once. I suppose if you're up for some kind of eating challenge thing then jump in.

Sounds efficient for Gaston, though!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fruity Gordo sounds like an old Italian gay dude

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Not sure 10L is gonna stay on the hills hoist

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

If evidence from the US and UK is any indication, you can bribe Aus politicians with a rusty nickel.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Trolleyed or troll-eyed?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Trolleyed = pissed, sloshed, maggoted, three sheets to the wind

'Munted' is also a good one.

I mean more, likes shopping trolley or the eyes of a mythical creature

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I figured that much, I would also take 'drunk enough to try to re-enact the cover of Jackass', but I like asking stupid questions on purpose.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This is why the real drunks go for wine, it's cheaper, tastier, and faster to get clobbered on, probly

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

More that Australia simply doesn't have quite as much worship of the rich or business owners as the US does. (Except from our politicians, of course)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's really gone to poo poo since the Powerpuff Girls moved out.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The people complaining about lockdowns just literally have no concept of cause and effect.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That's certainly drawn by a furry, but one of the old schoolers who watched a lot of early 90s anime.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Furries are all queer communist antifa now, could do much worse. No one cares about them anymore except 4chan and here.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The gently caress did Adelaide for for- holy poo poo

8 and 9 is quite the sequence

Also I'm not sure what a gronk is

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I remember the science student was clearly studying to be some kind of bogan mad scientist. Basically Aussie Urkel.

I saw a lot more of the spinoff/sequel series Feral TV. I think a lot of that went over my head but they did a lot of riffs on pop culture that actually aged pretty well, like the Star Trek riff that ends up having problems getting filmed because they keep changing everything around.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Australia exports camels to the Middle East.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

What the hell is vfl

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Molentik posted:

Start breeding emus!

That just reminds me of how emu farms were apparently a big thing in the US in the late 90s/early 00s for reasons that baffle Australians.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sia is the super cancelled one for an insanely offensive movie supposedly about autism right

Also possible grooming

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And now I'm listening to Watercolour again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

My lizard seemed to enjoy monching crickets, I also hear they're good fried.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kind of the Australian attitude in a nutshell, where the whole 'larrakin' anything-goes attitude is a paper-thin veneer on being a tedious, touchy narc who loses their poo poo at the idea of anything actually new or unexpected happening.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Billy, eat the pennies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Australian Halloween is fun since the sun sets at like 8:30pm and no one has any idea when to start or stop trick or treating so it goes from like 4 to 9.

Also the weather is often beautiful, if a bit hot for the more elaborate costumes.

Halloween is great. It's easy to participate in at any level, there's something for everyone of any age from cute costumes and free candy to an excuse to be a teenage hooligan to grown up sexy costume parties or just sitting at home watching spooky movies and giving out cheap candy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Porfiriato posted:

As a non Australian this is what I expect all of Australia except for Sydney and mayyyybe the nicer parts of Melbourne’s CBD look like

Would prob be better if it was

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Less brutalist, more mad scientist.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Steve was into MMA apparently, he'd wreck the lot of em not even considering the age gap.

I think a lot of people would be either surprised that Yahoo Serious was real and even more surprised that he's still alive.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

NPR Journalizard posted:

Didn't yahoo get seriously ripped after he became less famous?

Ah, the Carrot Top route. Because apparently there's openings for irl Batman villains.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's nuances to it, yes. The implication is at least generally that you're getting cheap and/or low quality alcohol in sufficient qualities to get noticeably drunk.

From there, the language is colourful and ever-evolving to describe various degrees of severe alcohol abuse. 'Munted' is a favourite of mine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Megillah Gorilla posted:

One thing I miss growing up in the bush is the rusted out utes stuck in trees from old floods.

You just don't see them any more.

Rusted out old mini-junkyards were everywhere. And a combine harvester up on bricks in the yard that I used to climb into and pretend was a spaceship.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Honestly I could not stop worrying about my junk getting in the chain

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

So was I initially, then realised plenty would have been farmers and stock owners, vigilante racists and whatnot.

Probably hired guns too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Surprisingly accurate that Uluru is actually surrounded by bush. Also, there's a shitload of fossils in central Australia.