Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Budzilla posted:

Double The Fist - won best comedy at the Logies when no one watched it, beating out Kath and Kim. The first episode is slow but picks up after
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6aRauSEf5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfUJlYYeJrU

Steve Foxx is a deadset legend. Looks like he exists on a diet of KFC and Bundy, great comic timing.

Edit: The Late Show rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xm1n63qZSk

BastardAus fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Gromit posted:

Yeah, that starts off with "oh yeah, that'd get annoying pretty drat quick" and then kicks it into overdrive.

I'm moving there. loving adorable little things. How there is any native fauna left after going for a drive around in the daytime (roadkill central) and what Huon Ag, Petuna and Tassal are doing to the waterways is beyond me. Little creatures are hard bastards in Tassie.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Gromit posted:

Yeah, that starts off with "oh yeah, that'd get annoying pretty drat quick" and then kicks it into overdrive.
edit: poo poo; double post

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
He's obviously got that shitstain wuss Giorgio 'John' Barilaro in his back pocket

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

syntaxfunction posted:

Legit talk, I was a hardcore alcoholic earlier in my life, not too long ago. I would go through a couple hundred bucks a weekend at times, plus whatever I went through during the week. It was not nice.

Wine is definitely cost efficient in terms of ABV/$ but you end up going so low in quality to maintain it that even as an alco I went back to cartons of whatever was on special. Yeah, you can get 5x$4 clearskins from Dano's but there's a good chance at least one is sulphur hosed or something, and being an alcoholic you better believe you'll choke that poo poo down anyway.

At the end there was a local pub drive-through that did $40 (maybe?) cartons of Pointers, so we'd get a few every weekend and a few through the week.

poo poo was expensive. And also not fun at all. I really hope no one here has to deal with that poo poo.

I'm only just relearning, cautiously, to enjoy alcohol at all in small amounts.

Alcohol is good and tasty and fun. Right til it isn't.
Seems to be quite the fashionable thing this year, especially amongst those of us who have overdone it for the past year.
What shits me the most about my newfound and happy sobriety is the 0% 'liquors' that charge like they have an alcohol tax attached to them.

Heaps Normal is a pretty amazing 0% beer, but after 2, it's like "What's the point?", beer isn't popular because it tastes nice.
As my uncle, a career boozer who I've never seen actually acting drunk once confessed "I don't drink beer for the taste, it's the effect."

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Not sure the Blues would ever win a series again a few years back. To hold the cane toads to zip-zero-zilch-DONUT 2 games running is loving unreal!

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Looking east along Parramatta Rd at Taverners Hill from Lewisham (Near the pub) approx 1973.
Millers Brewing was established in 1942, was purchased by Tooheys in 1968 but ceased brewing operations in 1975. The building has since been owned by Kennards and functions as a self-storage warehouse and remains a giant, bright orange landmark you can see from a considerable distance.

Mad Barrys is gone but Tooheys lives on

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Agreed as gently caress.

Bought it, read it, gave it to friends, saw the stage play at the Bridge Hotel Balmain with Steve Le Marcand as JB. Top. Notch.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

webmeister posted:

*heritage listed hat factory

Holy crap I used to work right near there and we would joke about "someone pulling a Réne" on that very site.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Blurter, funbags, jatz crackers.
Nunga is a made up word that sounds filthy (PURE 100% NUNGA INSIDE!) but was invented by one of the P- mags writers so the censor couldn't censor it as it had no meaning, according to Ignatius Jones.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Nothing was left to chance in that place. From the light that shines on the product to pick down to the computer telling you what sized box to select and the amount of tape it supplies to put it together. Even their naming conventions for warehouses are consistent across the world.

Coupled with the absolute lack of common digital connectivity, that's perfectly vile and dystopian conduct against their workers.
Workers who are also forced to walk hundreds of metres for a piss (or piss in a bottle - fun!), more for a lunch break area. And the owner thanks them for all their 'hard work' (modern slavery) so he could jack it online with his very own cock rocket that barely goes to space.

Do not and would not use them, the alternatives are pretty poo poo but not as utterly hosed as that Bezos oval office.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Airstream Driver posted:

We had a wood fireplace in the lounge and it warmed most of the house.

Us too. Pretty fukken simple.
Pete Smith must have made a motza off Copperart ads, they ran ad-fkn-nauseum during the late 80's into the late 90's.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

:five:

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Quick Sale: Only $20K, some kms, never been thrashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

~Coxy posted:

The absolute disappointment whenever you would go over to someone's house and they had one of these under the bed gathering dust and you couldn't believe they didn't play with it all the time and you got it out and set it up for...
Dad was a mad F1 fan in the 80/90's so we had the European set with the track stapled onto 2 enormous pieces of plywood. The Marlboro of Senna was the one me and my brother would both just sit there and hold the back wheels off the track then drop to make it do 'burnouts'. loving good times.