Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
How is that beetroot-headed fuckstain of a failure back as leader of the Nats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gay picnic defence posted:

Rural people are loving stupid and they love him to bits.

Grew up rural. Am loving stupid. Can confirm.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Ohhh, it's Fosters.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh and just wait until July 9 when cases still aren't at zero so Gladys announces an extension to the lockdown and all the Murdoch media readers/viewers raise their voices in unison and scream "BUT YOU PROMISED IT WOULD ONLY BE TWO WEEKS!!!"

We have The Australian at work and last week's cover for whatever its lovely internal magazine is called was just something like "It's time to end the isolation" and pushing to have international and all state borders opened up again.

loving Murdoch press is responsible for making so many of this country's problems worse.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It doesn't help the side of religious when the one of biggest ones around is revealed to have raped and even tortured and murdered countless children across the entire world for literally centuries and done everything in its power to hide their crimes while still pretending to be the ultimate moral authority on everything.

Once the religious institutions are seen as irredeemably tainted, that creates enough of a distance between people and religion to loosen its grip on their lives.

Just a goddamn shame we had to take that route to get here.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

A Sometimes Food posted:

No picture cause I was driving but I just saw a cockatoo rip a bunch of siding off a house and fly away with it.

Stopped at a cafe and saw a man with a mullet and more face tattoos than teeth order a truffle hashbrown sandwich and a $12 coffee.

Australia :australia:

So, how was Lorne?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

...I think Townsville might be a shithole...

Who would have thought a town named to honour one of Australia's worst slave owners would turn out to be crap?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I quit when Winny Blues hit the $12 mark because I couldn't justify spending almost $100 a week on them.

Now a single pack is about $60 and I don't know how anyone affords it.

Obvious answer - they don't.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also I'm not sure what a gronk is

https://i.imgur.com/GVNAV5J.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ZombyDog posted:

While the majority of the country remains under lockdown, the missus and I took a road trip around the North West corner of Tasmania

[pics]

Wow. That's some beautiful scenery. Just gorgeous.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I only cook chips once in a blue moon, but I love me some chicken salt.

Pity the only brands they sell near me are dogshit.

Also, I had no idea Sia was Australian.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Starstruck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUW5jF3nVJY&t=136s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Kharnifex posted:

burning roaches and shrimp smell the same

I worked at a country servo as a kid and, during spring, we'd get swarms of beetles attracted to the lights around the pumps. They didn't have airtight covers, so the beetles would swarm inside the light fittings and get cooked by the bulbs.

Sometimes you could see beetle smoke coming out the top of the lights. I will never forget the smell.

BBQ shrimp has the same smell. Like someone set fire to a fingernail.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Inceltown posted:

Calling bullshit on your Aussie bonafides

Honestly, at this point in my life, I've met so many people using so many different versions of English that I probably wobble between a dozen different versions of it a day.

Certainly doesn't help that I deliberately suppressed my original lovely bush accent when I first moved to the city.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

gay picnic defence posted:

Anyway, burnt bugs smell nothing like BBQed prawns.

Gotta slow roast the fukkers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BrigadierSensible posted:

TISM news seems to go in this thread.

RIP to the man who inspired, and indeed is named in this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4PlQzd0SvU

Still my favourite lyrics from anything ever

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I was literally standing in the crowd when this was filmed.

No autographs, please.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
^^^^ Yep, this basically.

No one likes these fuckers.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

this is what I've heard yeah.

Convinced that by day two, the unionists were maybe 1/6 then by today almost none, non-unionists dwindling too.

I can only imagine the CFMEU sending reps out to every work site to law down the loving law on actual tradies turning up to any more protests.

God, they must have been loving pissed after the aggro bullshit at their offices.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Any time I go laughing to another thread about how stupid Australia is, it turns out to be wrong.

She's still a loving idiot though.

But gently caress drat, it's 100% out of line to just spray her like that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

This poo poo is why I bought a bin spring, except bigarse crows instead of cockys.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zeniel posted:

One time I bought one of those fake owls from Bunnings to try and scare off garbage birds that were chirping endless outside my bedroom. It didn't work on any of the garbage birds but come roosting season, the magpies would spend all day everyday just swooping and squawking at it. The sound was driving me nuts till I realised what it was that they were doing.

My sister got the owl that was just a bit of plastic made to look like an owl with its wings against its body. None of the birds gave a poo poo.

I got the one with the plastic wings that were made out of kite material and put it on top of an old broomstick and attached that to my clothesline and it spun and wobbled about in the wind. Worked perfectly for about a year and a half.

Came outside one day and a pigeon was literally sitting on it.

Haven't bothered since. But it did its job of letting all my seeds sprout.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
And the prize today is _a_ computer for your whole school!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Inceltown posted:

Skippy Halloween

They always look so polite when they stand like that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Capt.Whorebags posted:

gently caress I hope the brief of evidence tells us if it was plain salt or chicken salt.

I can never find a decent chicken salt at the supermarkets. I've probably tried every band at Coles and Woolworths over the past few years. They're okay, but nothing really impresses me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Do you mean this stuff:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That's the stuff. It's a pretty big container full though. I can't imagine you'd need to buy more for a decade.

Just bought some, it certainly is a lot. But just $7, so what the hell.

Might have to buy myself a little shaker from the Reject Shop to put some in to make it easier to put over stuff.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's amazing how much they look like emu chicks, too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's literally how every tradie dresses here.

It would have been weird if he wasn't wearing some Hard Yakka stubbies and full length Explorer socks with Blundstones.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Counterfeit Big M?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Here, have a Puggle that I spotted yesterday.

I think its parents want their baby back

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BrigadierSensible posted:

I also really don't like his stage manager wife, and the way they pushed Bindi to do all the cheap cash grab half arsed projects cashing in on her dead dad's name.

I've seen footage of Bindi performing at the family's zoo and she has this whole thing where she interacts with a video of her father and it's gross as hell.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I tried one once because it came with a deal and it was just foul. Probably had more sugar in it than a Mars bad.

It was like I can only imagine American bread tastes like.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
lol, the American bread defender has logged on.

American bread is legally considered confectionary in Ireland.

quote:

American Bread

...American brands like Dave’s Killer Bread or Wonderbread are packed to the brim with high fructose corn syrup and various chemicals.

This results in a very sweet and sugary bread that lasts ridiculously long due to the sheer amount of preservatives. To non-Americans, this bread tastes weird and is often considered to be revolting.

This has even become a legal issue in parts of Europe. For example, in Ireland, a court judge ruled that Subway bread was legally not bread at all. The reasoning for this is because of the high quantities of added sugars. As such, in Ireland, Subway bread is legally seen as a confectionary, similarly to something like cake.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Is that real? It look like a scale model.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

One thing I miss growing up in the bush is the rusted out utes stuck in trees from old floods.

You just don't see them any more.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Yeah, every farm had its own scrap heap out behind the sheds or the haystack.

Full of every type of nasty biting thing to be sure, but so much fun to play in. The really good ones even had paddock bombs.

How any of us ever survived childhood is a goddamn mystery.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
And just poisoning the billabongs.

"Send cash, arsenic / exterminate aborigines / letter to follow"

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I like kangaroos and wish they lived in California.

They'd probably work out about as well as all the eucalyptus trees we gave you.