Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Aardvark! posted:

What is a gronk????? Is that like a Florida Man?

A dude that had spent some time in various jails in Sydney, when I asked why he just called a person in the room a Gronk he said "because he's a dirty fucker who never has a fuckin shower".

I think it's a jail thing here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Code Jockey posted:

I have made it my life's mission to find one as good as the ones I had in Sydney Harbor during my trip. Those may not even be the best you've got to offer, but drat was that a good meat pie. :smith:

We have stuff like pot pies but I want to just walk up to a street vendor and get a delicious handheld pie full of meat, drat it

e. Also I lost a favorite pair of sunglasses off the side of our boat touring the harbor, so if one of you could get those for me I'd appreciate it

Mate.

My Swiss Watch is under Sydney Harbor ticking away precisely.

Doing backflips off the boat at a work Xmas party.

Open bar. :lol:

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

That took a few readthroughs to understand.

gently caress you oval office.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

drunkill posted:

Carsales has:

'69 HK Premier 308L engine auto sedan for 85k

'65 HD Special manual sedan for 84k

'62 EJ Standard manual wagon for 42k

So some of those (might be a year earlier even) are good at todays prices in decent condition

Now, if it is a Monaro ranging from HG, HK, HJ, HT, HQ, HZ etc they're all 90k+ and if it is the GTS model all they all start at a base price of 150k in all conditions and upto 250k.

For example, a 1968 Monaro GTS HK manual is 300k.

And this is just off carsales, the actual properly stored original cars, or very well done restorations sold at auction will go for 300-900k easily.

One of my mates dad has had a Holden HQ Monaro sitting under a tarp in the backyard for gently caress knows how long.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Same, we built weapons.

I still do.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

The town of Point Hope, Australia was founded in the 1800s by a group of convicts who were exiled from England. The town is located on a small, isolated, and mostly uninhabited island in the south pacific, and it is said that the island is haunted by the ghosts of the convicts. The town's only source of water is a septic tank, and the tank is slowly filling up with human waste. The town's residents are facing a serious sanitation crisis, and they are desperately searching for a solution.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Grace looks pretty wasted.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Police searched Mr Allred and allegedly found the keys to the ute "between his clenched buttocks".

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

I love that term. "On the piss".

I'm on the piss atm.

:cheers:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

It's BCF'en fun!

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Vandals have destroyed a 30,000-year-old artwork at a sacred cave in South Australia, as experts decried the “massive, tragic loss” and expressed frustration at the lack of protection at the site.

The vandals entered Koonalda Cave at Nullarbor Plain and scrawled graffiti across the heritage-listed site, writing “don’t look now, but this is a death cave”.

Authorities say the vandals dug under a steel gate to gain access to the site and completely destroyed one area of it.

:suicide:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Shithouse Dave posted:

Reminds me of the womens weekly birthday cake book pool cake

My neighbour's pool is the same colour. I think they need to add a bit more chlorine.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Today in Australiana History!

It is the 46th anniversary of the Granville Train Disaster.

Not gonna write about it as we should all be quite aware of this event, but if you want to tuck into a bit more info, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granville_rail_disaster.

(BTW, Day Of The Roses got the cause completely wrong, but it wasn't the writers' fault)

Yeah. I remember watching the Granville train thing on the telly when I was a kid. Seemed quite heavy at the time. The death toll kept rising.

Also Cyclone Tracy. My uncle was stationed at the RAAF base at Darwin. The rest of the family had gone to Brisbane for the holidays.

The Luna Park Ghost Train fire. Which I had actually been on a few years before. Was pretty scary even without the fire.

I don't remember the Tasman Bridge.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

OK. Newcastle Earthquake story.

One of my other uncles lived in Newcastle. Had a nice place with a nice pool. One morning he dived into the pool. [Earthquake happens]. He swam underwater and surfaced at the shallow end. He looked around and all the paving stones around the pool were all hosed up and broken. He's an engineer, so it broke his head for a bit until he heard the panic and screaming from the wife and kids in the house.

The moral of the story is that you should be submerged underwater in an inground pool when an earthquake hits.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

For the septics playing. We never ever ever get earthquakes in Australia.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Chrpno posted:

the Sydney Dust Storm

That was loving awesome. Like waking up on Mars.

Blow fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 19, 2023

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Did you know that if you drive through a fire there is no oxygen your car stalls?

I guess a Tesla would be ok. :lol:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Very nice mate :)

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

I remember volcanic ash clouds making the sky go a weird colour when I was living in Lismore in the early 1990s.

That would be the 1991 eruption of Mount Pinatubo.

I was flying Sydney - Brisbane - Cairns when that volcano popped. Mid flight I asked the stewardess if I could go up to the cockpit. She said "I'll check with the pilots". She came back and said "Sure. come on up." Cue me and my gf walking up the aisle into the cockpit with the other passengers all like wtf.

It was crazy. My dad was an Air Traffic Controller, so I kinda speak the lingo. It beats the poo poo out of the view out of the side windows. Punching through orange clouds.

I'll never forget it.

9-11 hosed that up for ever.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

loving Cane Toads.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress."

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I'm not sure if it was that fire and/or different fires in the Ku-ring-gai and Lane Love happening at the same time but that was the year it rained ash and half burned leaves on inner city Sydney.

That was very strange. I was in my neighbour's spa, drinking Coopers Sparkling Ale. Huge intact black charred eucalyptus leaves just fell out of the clear blue sky.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Do any of your stories ever not include you're beverage of choice?

Mate. I was just adding colour to the story.

Wrong "your" btw.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

madmatt112 posted:

Australia seemed like paradise when I was a kid watching Discovery Channel.

Now it fills me with an almost Lovecraftian horror. My wife and I are seriously looking into moving from Canada to New Zealand, but I can’t in a million years imagine Aussieland as anything but The Hills have Eyes, Mate.

Well that 3 metre Saltwater Croc that was chilling on North Stradbroke seems to have hosed off.

Safe as gently caress now.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Interesting article.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Kharnifex posted:

Harmless sawfly larvae

Processionary Caterpillars can cause pregnant horses to abort their foals

I stepped on a white stemmed gum moth cocoon as a kid, took weeks of elastoplast dressings to get all the spines out, tweezers break them, I then, fascinated by them, kept some for a year from egg to caterpillar to big moth.

Cup moths are really neat.

You and your loving bugs mate :glomp:

And I've been driving around here in the Tweed at dusk, evening and night on the M1 and local rural roads. It's unusual to see any kind of bug on the windscreen or licence plate. No bugs seem to eat my veggies. I never see bees. The only thing around here seems to be the loving mozzies the cunts. :(

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Illawarra Nazis... I hate Illawarra Nazis...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

It's nice up here on the Tweed.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Like I can see the Forbidden Coast from me loving deck.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Chrpno posted:

Well I don't want to pile on.... ahh gently caress it, let's pile on the old pedos

https://blog.donnawilliams.net/2014/10/11/barry-humphries-pedophilia-and-bell-street-preston/

And they wanna give this oval office a state funeral?

:suicide:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

The only time I liked Hey Hey was when it was a Saturday morning cartoon show.

Same.

Then The Wide World of Sports came on at midday I think, and that was it for the cartoons.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Bit of Cane Toad action tonight!

That's the first of the cunts I've seen this year.

Not my personal kill. I am not advocating animal cruelty.

Nice loving roads up here I must say.

Be still toad. :)

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Aware posted:

gently caress off blow

Mate. I don't post in the other thread.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Attempting to appease the lords of the trees ahead of swoopy season. Smart.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Has anyone been to Nimbin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

Yep, been twice. First time was a little over 10 years ago when it was still filled with weed, and lovely, friendly old hippies smoking weed. Lots of psychedelic art, crafts and local food. Felt super peaceful and safe there the whole time.

A few years later the cops went in and busted a bunch of the old hippies on weed charges like it was loving reefer madness again. Then the cops said “jobs done” and hosed off, so naturally the weed got replaced with meth like every other country town. I passed through Nimbin again a couple of years after this and it was pretty depressing tbh, the vibrance had gone out of the place, and outside the main drag felt kinda seedy.

Not sure if it’s recovered or not.

Cheers man.

Yeah, I pulled that pic from this...

https://friendlyaussiebuds.com/nimbin-survival-guide/nimbin/

It's about an hour from here. Never been there.

Can't hurt to check out the weed situation there right?