Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Petition to get this thread added to the c-bomb probation exclusion zone as here in Oz it's not profanity, it's punctuation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Australians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Strewth! We lost the flamin' Prime Minister!

Hand us another stubbie, Gazza.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Nooner posted:

are we allowed to say the "c" word in this thread?

Carn.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Oh hi 7-year-old Breetai, it's me, Australia! Just popping in to give you a public service announcement about safe sex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lhFc_9U_UY

Cheerio!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Of course the highlight of the Royal Melbourne Easter Show for every kid was the showbags, which were always stuffed full of lollies and toys. There's several huge pavilions that are dedicated to selling nothing but showbags every year and it's not uncommon to see families walking around at the end of the day loaded down with a dozen or more showbags. Most of them are filled with cheap overprices crap and they usually cost between $5 for the garbage tier showbags up to $15 or $20 for the good ones all the way up to $100 for some of the fancy ones with expensive branded stuff

Same for the Adelaide Show (pretty sure it's just 100% the Melbourne show packed up onto trucks and moved across the border) and I'm fairly sure I've still got a whole bunch of showbag toys in a toy chest at my mum's place somewhere. For some reason I was always after the themed ones that had cheap plastic toys rather than candy. The highlight for me was when I was about 8 because I got the Pirate showbag, the Cop showbag and the Army showbag, which contained among other things a plastic telescope, uzi, and M16 respectively, and then gaffer taped them together in some sort of a supergun with a sight on top because my incredibly permissive parents let my tiny rear end watch Aliens on VHS and watching Ripley cobble together the flamethrower and pulse rifle near the end blew my tiny mind.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Hog's breath curly fries are great, but literally the only thing worth eating there.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There are much better places that do curly fries and decent food in general, op.

Oh no doubt - although I don't know of any good places in Adelaide that do curly fries. But why go to a place like that when you could go for some Uyghur and eat your body weight in delicious meats.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Australia has already weighed in this.

https://youtu.be/-4vSEXvLsx0

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Fyi Australia's long national shame is about to come to an end.

They're bringing back the poly waffle.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

I have a friend who is from Oz, and I asked him a very important question:

Which band is a bigger bunch of cunts? Acdc or Inxs?

A: What is your opinion on the subject?

B: What do you think his response was?

Sounds like someone's never heard of Cold Chisel.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

BrigadierSensible posted:

This leads me to a question:

Without going too obscure, who are the "Australiana" bands that never got big outside of Australia? And I am more thinking bands that didn't translate to foreign audiences, as opposed to bands that were just not good enough to get famous overseas.

As mentioned there is TISM, and Cold Chisel. But who else are/were superstars in Oz, but nobodies overseas?

I would posit Crowded House as a band that fits this criteria. As well as possibly Savage Garden and Human Nature. Darryl Braithwaite also qualifies as a local superstar who would be unknown anywhere else.

Savage garden were known enough overseas that when I lived in mainland China in 1998 in a place provincial enough that I was asked to confirm/deny the rumour circulating around the university students that my mother taught as to whether or not Elton John was gay, there were students who had heard of them and were fans.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Remarkably tasty once you get past the mindfuck of tasting a flavour you associate with a soft cake when putting something crunchy that you expect to be salty and savoury in your mouth.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Greetings from the local winery.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I swear the little hole in the hat of a bubble 'o bill is a stroke of artistic genius.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Photos with threatening auras.

Something about it kinda makes it look like a still from a video on a shock site and I don't know why.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Have you ever?
Ever felt like this?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
We just found the most Aussie loving B&B listing.

Click here, and scroll to the last Gallery entry (the only video) and fuckin' play it.

Outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

sick of Applebees posted:

They didn't think to do a check for vitals before photographing the scene?

Outrail posted:

police officers