Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Let Jiji hit confirm into his "I'm home" super.

Ngl, this would be a sick super if done right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the difference is that it makes sense for girls to like okarun. he's cute and earnest and heroic. tenchi is a slightly damp cardboard cutout.

Yeah, Okarun actually has his own wants and desires, along with it being pretty clear who he likes, while Tenchi's just... there. Also, Okarun actually interacts with other guys his age regularly unlike Tenchi (unless that changed in later series).

If anything Okarun might be more comparable to Ranma, if you're gonna compare him to other classic romantic comedy protags

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

It would not surprise me down the line if an alien or a spirit wound up genderswapping most if not all the cast for a short time.

The mangaka's definitely a fan of Ranma, so 100% possible. Hell, Okarun's already lost his junk once.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Tenchi had that one goony best friend in episode 1 of the very first OVA who is never seen again. That is also, not so coincidentally, the first and last time Tenchi is anything other than passive, and closer to a normal teenager who just wants to have a goof and sneak into places he shouldn't.

Honestly the rapid downspiral of the Tenchi series is concomitant with what looks very much like induction into a cult that isolates him from his former life. It even has its own heavily-armed compound and ends in a group marriage.

Tenchi as a cult member puts a pretty different spin on the series

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Uh oh, poo poo's real if they can just take Evil Eye out like that

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Flubby posted:

drat, I was using Viz to read this but today Dandadan got hit by some mature rating. Not even seeing that on Chainsaw Man. There seems to be no payment options or verification to let you see it. Only option I see is to buy the volume.

I use the Viz site and when that happened to me months ago, all I had to do was create a free account to read Dandadan. Are you using the app or the website?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
It's kinda impressive how little the series has made of Okarun missing his junk. It's not that it's not important, it's just that you hardly see Okarun lamenting over it or having to cover up that it's missing. He just deals with it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Legit teared up reading this chapter. I knew what was gonna happen and I still teared up.

Folks,

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

this series is so loving good bros

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Desumaytah posted:

lmao if Okarun gets home from Snake Way and all the evil aliens are dead because his friends are just that awesome.

gently caress yeah, Aira. I was worried you'd never get to win a fight. Acro-Silky rules and is maybe my second-or-third favorite visual design in the manga.

But yeah Kuchisake Onna's gonna crash this party, and Okarun and Momo are both the Goku who'll beat her. It is inevitable.

Oh man, I would love it if Okarun's only contribution is telling everyone else to spin. It honestly doesn't even feel like his fight anyways, the others put in all the work in training, so they should get the dub

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
It's either going to be amazing or terrible, no way inbetween

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm surprised Evil Eye kept his pants on.

Give him time

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't imagine it living up to the manga without madhouse a-team level working on it

Yeah, this and Sakamoto Days are both in the "this better have a top studio with a huge budget or else it ain't gonna work" category for me

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Terrible news, my least favorite had a sick entrance and I like him now

As soon as I saw the bike, I muttered to myself "you loving nerd," but I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't smiling when I said it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I'm still not a fan of Kinta but I'll be damned if he doesn't know how to make a cool robot

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Okay...

Kinta, ya got me until you open your loser rear end in a top hat mouth and I hate you again

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Azran posted:

Yeah same, legit great and I loved the understated moment of them holding hands while looking for the rest of the team.

I had to go back and reread it because I somehow missed it the first time :doh:

MachuPikacchu posted:

It was a really good example of showing and not telling. A lesser manga would have had the yokai go, "Ah, these feelings...why, at a time like this? I see...as expected, Momo Ayase, your bonds with your nakama are strong. It can't be helped."

Anyway, really looking forward to more zany relationship antics and good Jiji faces.

Yeah, this manga really understands when to show and when to tell

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

given the chance, all shonen series with high schoolers dealing with the occult try to reform the SOS brigade, and I'm proud of tatsu for holding out for over 120 chapters

I did appreciate the "oh, do we have to?" tone about it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I’d say either:

1) Class prez is a vampire.

2) Class prez reads a lot of YA light novels and wants a hot vampire boyfriend and is willing to hilariously misconstrue the situation in line with her fantasy

3) Class prez is actually a Vampire Hunter and part of some sort of Knights Templar of Van Helsing knockoff and will try to stake Okarun

I could see any of them really.

3 seems like a good possibility, just because we haven't really seen any anti-supernatural force in the series yet, and having someone who can maybe counter half the group would make for an interesting plot

We can only hope

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
My favorite detail of the last spread is Okarun taking off his shoes and socks to get ready for the impending fight

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

stuker posted:

no clue on the translation (though Flair seems to have answered that question) but my take on the whole "regrets" thing was Mai felt bad about what she'd said the other day, probably moreso once she and her mom went to pick Pres up. seems like it would line up well with the parade route remembering plan

wasn't there a line about the transformations getting expensive way earlier in the series?

I don't remember, but the kids have ruined multiple outfits at this point so that makes sense. Okarun especially probably has had to buy a lot of shoes in addition to more school uniforms

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

GloomMouse posted:

Me: We'll be sure to get some down time after that alien craziness-
Dandadan: lmao buckle up

lol you could argue that this is the down time for this series

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

SlowBloke posted:

I fear that, if we ever get to the anime depicting these scenes, we will get let down by whatever music they pick. I'm feeling rad speed or thrash metal when i see the spreads but we will likely be getting jpop or weak gackt grade rock in an animated series.

I was getting Babymetal vibes, personally, but I think the vocals are gonna matter a lot more than the accompaniment for this scene; whatever song they choose is gonna need some incredibly powerful vocals that in-series makes everyone stop in their tracks in shock that it's coming from her.

And especially if she gets ghost powers after this and is gonna stick around. Hoping that she transforms into some vampiric glam queen

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I love this manga

Electric Phantasm posted:

Legit tearing up here

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

The idol girl's ghost is the scariest thing in this comic so far

"I want to write light novels!"

"Have you shown anyone your work yet?"

"W-well, no, I-!"

"Looks like you're gonna be an idol, then."

yeah, that would actually be a little terrifying, especially at that age

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I am VERY excited for the anime, holy poo poo

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

RuBisCO posted:

I'm unbelievably excited for Dandadan's take on delinquent high schoolers holy poo poo

:hmmyes:

can't wait to meet the next member of the gang

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i really hope okarun tries a delinquent disguise. i'm sure it would be adorable.

Momo would not be able to handle it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Totally going to be the latter

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Momo has gone full gremlin and I'm here for it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

DANDADAN: Dark Souls Fall Guys Jumanji Candyland

DANDADAN: Dark Soulguys: Fall of Jumanjiland

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

stuker posted:

i dunno given that everyone seems to lose their powers once they enter the game, zuma's gang might be the only thing keeping okarun alive for a while

Quite possibly, if he's going in transformed it might be treated as his default state as opposed to Zuma and Momo, who only have one form. He might not be able to turn it off at will, though

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Elijah Snow posted:

Thanks for that suggestion, it's great.

Yeah, I read it last night, it's fantastic

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

spookykid posted:

OKARUN GET IN THERE NOW

AND QUICK YOU HAVE A NEW RIVAL

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Sagabal posted:

https://twitter.com/TatuYukinobu/status/1776988985912647887

Toru Kuramori previously released Earth Recording 0001. The new series is listed as Action-Fantasy and should be releasing tonight/tomorrow.

First chapter is up on Manga Plus and is very much worth checking out. Very promising start.

Lamebot posted:

Oh no. Delinquent mages!

Tremendous line

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Well that's just about the coolest rendition of that dumb one-eyed one-legged umbrella yokai there has ever been

I had the exact same thought. I even thought he became one-legged for a sec there

kidcoelacanth posted:

nope, she's dead. the end!

It was a good run

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Been a week, and this is now even more true:

Captain Invictus posted:

Well that's just about the coolest rendition of that dumb one-eyed one-legged umbrella yokai there has ever been

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Always bet on Okarun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The instant his mom took him to the theme park I was like "oh no..."

:same:, I was like, things have been WAY too lovely for them for this to be anything other than a "last day on earth" situation :smith: