Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Azran posted:

Yeah same, legit great and I loved the understated moment of them holding hands while looking for the rest of the team.

yeah that was my favorite part of the chapter, which was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Tampa Bae posted:

Started reading spooky manga for October and sped through this over the weekend, great manga. Nice that 100 something chapters in they just explain that everyone just sees Okarun running around like a feral dork unless they've got spiritual sensitivity

not even sure this chapter necessarily confirms that, seems more like the combo of class rep's vampire fantasy and running into him on the stairs just finally led to someone asking about it

i may be taking this position because i'll be really disappointed if the rest of the school isn't seeing vamola running around in her suit

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Centzon Totochtin posted:

So was the ombusman being the spirt of a dead infant a mistranslation or maybe mai's mom was pregnant or there was another victim in the other vehicle?

no clue on the translation (though Flair seems to have answered that question) but my take on the whole "regrets" thing was Mai felt bad about what she'd said the other day, probably moreso once she and her mom went to pick Pres up. seems like it would line up well with the parade route remembering plan

Shinji2015 posted:

My favorite detail of the last spread is Okarun taking off his shoes and socks to get ready for the impending fight

wasn't there a line about the transformations getting expensive way earlier in the series?

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

totally rockin'!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Eggplant Squire posted:

we just did it was the weird martial arts cop

Chekhov's Police Dojo

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

throwing out a guess that the frog shikigami are former players, they're clearly pretty sentient

now then, let's all have something to eat

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Brought To You By posted:

While both sides are valid in the discussion on immediately jumping into the game to help out. But Zuma's gang are all weaker than him and they aren't really considering just how bad things will go for a bunch of normal people given their lack of intel. Pretty easy to assume they will wind up showing us how people become shikigami of this game.

i dunno given that everyone seems to lose their powers once they enter the game, zuma's gang might be the only thing keeping okarun alive for a while

spicyum!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Brought To You By posted:

Okarun still has one of his testicles so at least for a bit he'll be carrying them.

ah that's a good point, got mixed up and forgot the ball in the game already is the second one

i hope party 2 has to still deal with the dark knight and the cook

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

also, absolutely thrilled to see the return of supercop

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Elite posted:

Mono: Noooo you’ve got to consider the type matchups
Zuma’s Gang: haha 200 muscleheads go brrrrrrr

this arc just keeps getting better and better

this just confirms that the delinquents had the right idea, if momo and zuma had stuck around to climb stuff okarun would have had plenty of time to warn them

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

sure, why not throw in some les mis in

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

It seems like we can pretty comfortably conclude that Turbo Granny is basically good now. She seemed genuinely concerned over Momo's injuries.

she might also just be terrified of seiko

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

W
A
H
!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i think we're gonna smash cut to the kermit shikigami

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

The junk collector posted:

I'm down for Rin's inevitable transformation from class president to punk rock metal head idol but how will a street thug with a heart of gold hold up to a sexy vampire who secretly treasures you.

anything that brings us more of the Hayashi

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

in the middle of a long overdue reread and this was a fun spot (i assumed it was just a straightforward insert of a popular club at the time)

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 17, 2024

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

oh god

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

spookykid posted:

Also this top panel from 148 is FAR more terrifying after that last issue:

i hope tatsu just somehow overlooked the momo/mom resemblance because that’s gonna be a fresh dose of trauma for unji once he’s no longer possessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Eggplant Squire posted:

I'm a little confused how the cop factors in here. If the mom had a brother or something I feel like there would be some sort of support the struggling family could have relied on. I don't think she was surviving the double whammy of losing her husband and son in such a short time but at the very least someone she was related to should have been able to help her out instead of having lovely land lords hastle her. Unless he just didn't do anything while she was being destroyed by life and is living with the guilt of that which will be shown next chapter.

The other option is maybe he's not related at all and just was the guy that raised Zuma after he was orphaned so is familiar with the family history. It would fit in with the delinquent son of a disappointed authority figure motif.

someone mentioned earlier that the cop may have responded to the train incident as a rookie but lost track of unji in the system and i think that's a reasonable explanation that will probably get confirmed/rejected pretty definitively next chapter