Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Al Murray trying and failing to explain Paul Chowdry on the Taskmaster podcast is a wondrous thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm good with starting on any season. Because I will take any excuse to rewatch Taskmaster (also I thought Russell Howard was fine but Liza Tarbuck was awful).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Matt Heath as a cheating bastard and his professional relationship with Jeremy is starting to pay off in Taskmaster NZ. The wheat biscuits were great, and David and Guy are lunatics.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

drunken officeparty posted:

Tried to watch the first episode of NZ, the Alex is so horrible.

He gets a lot better.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Taskmaster NZ is continuing to be excellent. The Festive Songs (especially Guy's) were amazing, and David defending his animal choice with the scroll of facts was perfect.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

drunken officeparty posted:

Liza Tarbuck is one of my least favorite contestants ever. I swear she must have blackmail on Greg because he just throws 5s at her for absolute garbage.

This. This is truth.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Abraham Lincoln has to go in the Hall of Fame. That was so loving amazing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The_Doctor posted:

Oh that's great. I like Business John Cena as the Taskmaster.

Paul Williams is a fantastic 'Taskmaster's Assistant'. Guy Montgomery, with his never-ending supply of childhood pictures of Paul Williams T-shirts, is up there with Rhod Gilbert for disturbing imagery.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Khanstant posted:

It's like there's no good reason this show couldn't work over here, but the casting choices they made were, exactly, the worst case scenario at every turn. It was like they took the person who casts a comedy central roast and then found that person's intern with even worse taste and had them recommend someone even shittier to pick out a cast. Hell, even just Reggie Watts seems like a comedy answer you'd pick in a task to find the least-suited person to be taskmaster.

pre-edit after scrolling down: lol it was comedy central so that's why the casting seemed as bad as comedy central

I propose they just keep the UK show going for ten years and invite one suitable north american comedian per series, add an extra chair so the islanders aren't bumped off.

I'd actually like to see someone like Daniel Radcliffe on the UK version. He would fit right in to the madness.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
David is easily the best TM contestant ever.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Disappointing Pie posted:

If you’re not watching season 2 of NZ Taskmaster you’re seriously missing out. While I still greatly prefer the UK version because of Alex and Greg the NZ version and especially this season is maybe up their with my favorite stuff Taskmaster has ever done. Last nights episode 7 had a caravan task that was an instant classic. The tasks seem so much more original on the NZ series so far. I’m loving it.

:hmmyes:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That 'First Date' Task was ridiculous.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Heavy_D posted:

It was good to see Paul demonstrate he's a triple threat: he can sing, dance, and administrate tasks.

There are a couple of tasks that I really hope end up in one of the international versions eventually, like the time travel task from last week, or the art heist from this week. They're really great tasks, and they both seem like they have unfulfilled potential, nobody quite nailed them. Kongen Befaler used the toaster live task from TM NZ at the end of their most recent series so it has precedent.

Urzila approaches her tasks with that same note of suspicion that Aisling Bea brought to things, seeing ulterior motives behind all the tasks. For some reason, her lobbing a juice box at Paul during their "date" has stayed with me as one of the funniest moments in the episode.

Urzila's casual harassment of Paul is up there with James Acaster's ignoring of Alex

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Taskmaster Season 12 -- You must Post. You have 100 seconds and your time starts...Now.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
TM NZ absolutely killed it in the Final.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
A strong start to the new season.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I feel like Alan may end up being a pretty strong contestant; he's a lot smarter than his comedic persona, but I think he's also the type to not over think a task and just take the straightforward path in those cases when the straightforward path is actually the best option (like he did with the balloon).

Victoria I think will be fun because the show has such a great way of really breaking down contestants that have a very dignified public persona and getting them to laugh at themselves.

With the exception of David Badiel of course.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Desiree's 'Oatmeal & Death' destroyed me.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That prize task was great, the short thrillers were fun, and the 'Copy Alex' task was visual insanity.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
David on the podcast is loving bonkers.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That prize task was perfect and Greg's reactions to the players' reactions just made it even better.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Pretty sure one of them says they made a substitution in this episode.

Was it Morgana who stole a sign for a prize task and they made her change it?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
A fantastic season. Watching VCM melt down was wonderful.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
God, Winkleman could beat Nish for the worst contestant ever. Her task failures were incredible.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I really wish we had had Winkleman for a whole season. The insanity would be epic.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Okay I just found a youtube channel with Kongen Befaler English subtitled. It's no TMNZ, but it's pretty drat good.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Who are some of the better Aussie comedians they could get?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Seven has two Rhod Gilbert moments which cause me to believe he is the greatest UK contestant (the siren and the prize task).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Or Rhod was playing 'How can I screw with one of my best friends on national television and make him like it?'

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I really disliked Daisy, but yeah Series 10 was a low point along with Series 6.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/28c3f068-5dcf-4542-a2b6-1b9397e33c64

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP0ZrX-2EiE

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
This entire cast is fantastic. Judy is bullshitter supreme and Ardal is insanely funny.

edit: That live task.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 14, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Khanstant posted:

Good point, I can think of american alex hornes to fill the show-rule but not so much people who could also produce and keep things running. really, alex did a fine job in the circumstances, it's just Reggie is the absolute last person on Earth who should've been in the throne, he was definitely contestant material. Scott Auckerman is the host who comes to mind who knows how to be jovial and antagonistic in the right amounts to suit the situation. Anthony Anderson might also be good, or maybe even mama Doris lol.

In any case, at least we'll always have Katherine Ryan

Joel Hodgson might have made a good assistant.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Grant O'Brien would be a great Assistant. He has no shame so the contestants could rope him into doing the weirdest poo poo, he's an excellent improviser and can write very strange improv prompts.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Beerdeer posted:

I couldn’t name a twitch personality for a million bucks

:same:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
This cast is awesome. They are all going for it full bore.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

oh jay posted:

I don't think she's not going to win, but I find myself rooting for Bridget because I always appreciate contestants being extra with their costumes.

Tim Vine is still the one to beat, but Daisy really tried hard.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
It's Lee Mack...I can believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Holy gently caress this episode...all the tasks were brilliant and Judi was a quote machine 'Stick your arm out further, bitch!' 'I'm not doing that poo poo.'