Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lovely darts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I LOVE THIS

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
gifs you can hear

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
the day is upon us

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
No way!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Lemon posted:

I loved Ardal in Father Ted obviously but knew little else about him, I somehow wasn't expecting him to be so loving funny

To be fair, he was also in My Hero so it could've gone either way

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Bridget seems to be Alex's kryptonite in terms of managing to genuinely annoy him

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Just the max points for third I'd think, I doubt they'd let it stack

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
how else would you learn that Rosalind is a loving nightmare?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Got this card for my birthday today

I'VE SINNED AGAIN, MON!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'd say he's close to statesman territory - back in the day he was arguably the main reason many people watched Mock the Week

e: added spoiler tags

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 26, 2022

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

But if it didn't make the edit... was it that much to loose?

having been to a live taping, there was a joke Phil Wang made that I can't remember the specifics of but it involved Pearl Harbour and cum

so yes sometimes you lose a lot

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Leraika posted:

I remember hearing that Ed Gamble planned to bring in some Kevin Spacey DVDs for 'best defunct thing' but got shot down.

lmao

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pablo Bluth posted:

You can apply for tickets for S16 recording

https://www.sroaudiences.com/

If anyone here gets some, I expect line-up embargo breakage.

cheers, gonna have a go. been to a couple recordings before but none since the move to C4, too much competition now I expect

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Nystral posted:

Does TM only pull comedians as contestants? I know the first series had Doc Brown, but anyone else? I wonder how it would do with someone like Susie Dent or Martin Clunes doing the tasks vs Rob Beckett or Katherine Ryan.

doc brown was series 2. there was also richard osman from the same one

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
got tickets for the next series recordings :whatup: will report in

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
cool

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
just hype and buildup i think as is the modern way. withhold details until an announced date or time and people hype themselves up

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
oafs

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
some of frankies old stuff was just mean for the sake of being mean (jokes about an Olympic swimmer being ugly) but other stuff only caused outrage because of the press being frothing lunatics (basically any joke about the royal family)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
missing tonight's episode because I'm going to be at the next series recording :hehe:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

He's a good choice for the assistant who is presumably going to be with them doing the tasks, extreme dad energy. I am very confused at the base concept though.

this, junior bake off, gogglesprogs. channel 4 like to throw kids into their shows

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
the pineapple task resulted in frankie screaming about language so it's fine. mae provides fodder for funnier people which is an acceptable function imo. who cares if they're good at it, no idea why people take this show so seriously

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

i'm a roadman

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
ever mindful of food waste, the crew chowed down on what remained of the cake post-arse

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Boxturret posted:

I don't really "get" food, so much of off menu is just people talking in another language for me, so I gave up. I did enjoy the Victoria and Alex episodes though, their approach to food is probably the most similar to mine.

what are your thoughts on daddy's special pudding

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Slyphic posted:

I can't decide if the can tower task was Alex's favorite task of all time, a general loosening of the persona, or because they were blindfolded and he was in the shot more often, but he was just chuckling like a madman the whole time. Glad to see he still enjoys the show 16+ seasons on.

having been to a few tapings he tends to laugh a shitload in the studio

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
going to a show recording tomo. last time got turned away so they gave us priority this time. hype

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
yeah I just got back lol. people got upset about the prospect of a cast leak before so I would say just pm me but that guy hasn't got plat lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

woke kaczynski posted:

You should definitely PM me at least

But also how was it? Good chemistry? Any standouts?

everything below is extremely vague and not a spoiler

was only episode 2 so not fully cohesive yet but they were all friendly with each other, already doesn't feel like the liza tarbuck series where it's just 5 people that happen to co-exist

good tasks though. most were puzzle/problem solvers, one creative one, all lent themselves to multiple solutions.

one contestant has an insane task outfit and one is clearly "the competitive one" but was also making jokes

greg also on good form. he'd had a nap immediately prior to filming so he was slightly unhinged from the get go.

between advert banter (so this won't get on the edit i'm pretty sure) included greg referencing the house he and alex live in together "according to perverts writing stories on the internet" which was funny

the contestant currently in last also asked if there's a prize for last and alex referenced people always asking for "loser of losers"

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Bertha the Toaster posted:

And this is happening when?

him and Greg swiftly followed it up with "but we don't want to" "yeah we don't wanna" "just don't want to"

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
as soon as episode 2 is out people will talk about that and next seasons cast won't get a look in. thread sanctity will be restored

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
can't believe I said season rather than series. gently caress you americans!!!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I guess like many other neurological things, it's something some people get and others, don't. Like asmr, sneezing from bright lights, synesthesia etc

do other people not sneeze upon leaving the house and getting blasted by the sun?????

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

thehustler posted:

i feel like some of you need to meet some more [...] people

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I tried to guess what sues nickname was gonna be in advance and got it wrong but you can have it anyway

sharpsueter

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
sam seems like a hyperactive child and hyperactive energy looks a lot like tryhard energy

but yeah julian clary owns. he briefly murdered his own career in the 90s because at the comedy awards he joked that he'd been fisting a politician backstage

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
imo she sucks whenever she comes alongside him because she is always "Jon Richardsons wife". both of them are much funnier on their own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I actually stop watching any media including a taskloser (thats what we call them in my home)

lol. imagining that this includes the new years treats and that you now boycott channel 4 news and the paralympics