Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

He gets a lot better.

Actually laughed at him a couple of times last episode, which is a first. I think he's getting the hang of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Bertha the Toaster posted:

What? I didn't even know the CW version was a thing. I can't even work out if I can watch it in the UK without messing with a VPN or something.

It was really bad. Not as bad as the really hosed-up Spanish version but definitely worse than all the Scandinavian ones. (Never found the Belgian one, apparently that's quite bad too.)

E: talking about the US version, apparently it was comedy central.

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 12, 2021

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

thehustler posted:

The Cleaner is very good.

Re the new series: censoring? *ding* that!

I liked the Cleaner but episode 5 (? the one with the 'influencer') had a strong old man yells at cloud, 'just put down your phone and climb a tree kids' flavour to it.

Re Taskmaster, apparently the bleeps were a fuckup and the unbleeped should be on All4 tomorrow (according to some guy on reddit)

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Heavy_D posted:

Also, here's a bit of a personal TM project - a gift I made for my housemate's birthday

Amazing. Is that David Tennant?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Have episodes of s12 beyond ep2 aired yet? I watch them on YouTube reupload and don't know if they've been removed or if they just haven't aired.

Ep 4 is the latest one.

Re the current Stormester: Linda P just seems to be a horrible person. Glad she's losing so badly.

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 18, 2021

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

If anyone hasn't seen the norwegian 'don't blink' task, it's pretty amazing and it's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l3yhEZX93s

2 hours 47 minutes. Not sure he's actually human.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Amazing Finnish gibberish there. Something you won't hear on other Task Masters.

Apart from the Finnish one.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Last episode of Kongen Befaler is loving amazing for a number of reasons.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

'Have you been paying attention' is a news quiz type thing with an Aus and NZ version and there's plenty of people on there they could use (and already have, for NZ)

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

The whole thing used to be on youtube. I'm not sure where you'd find it now. I know that Alex Horne actually introduced the concept at an Edinburgh festival with just his friends doing the tasks, but I'm not sure if that is even recorded anywhere to find.

https://archive.org/details/edinburgh-does-taskmaster

That's the recent one. I know I've seen at least some of the old one somewhere (although I don't think all of it), I'll have a look around.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Heavy_D posted:

I had a look for the footage I've seen of "The Taskmaster" - the original Edinburgh show. It wasn't the full thing, just 10 minutes of random clips that gave a flavour of the thing. I found a link to youtube that purported to be the footage, but the video was private. Maybe someone has downloaded and mirrored it, but I suspect that's what happened to the known copy.

That sounds like the thing I saw. Can't find it now.

edit: did find this though

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 21, 2022

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Latest Kongen Befaler is basically a non-stop gently caress you to the concept of health and safety.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Alhazred posted:

It also have a grown man dressing as a baby and then breaking down in shame afterwards.

Oh, wait, I haven't seen that one yet. I meant the one with throwing a burning bowling ball into a tub of petrol, cramming four small children onto a bicycle and having one fall off and winning a game by smashing your own hand into a mousetrap.

Good to hear it continues.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Taskmaster Sweden: Everybody put on your goggles, we're going to throw some forks into a bucket.

Taskmaster Norway: MOST FORKS IN THE EYES WINS

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

The only place I knew Bridget from was an episode of Off Menu but it was the funniest episode of that I've heard. Check it out for an awesome squirrel story.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

My adblocker was fine on Dailymotion until 2-3 days ago when it started noticing and telling me to turn it off. Jesus christ watching stuff on there without the adblocker is just insanely bad. Only used it for jeopardy though and that seems to be on youtube usually.

Also speaking of youtube everyone go and watch Kongen Befaler season 1, it's pretty good, honestly.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Try uBlock, it also works on Channel 4

Not for me for some reason. Is there more than one 'uBlock'?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Beerdeer posted:

Worse than Lisa Lampanelli Tarbuck?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

thehustler posted:

You take that back! :o

Eh, we've been rewatching and got to series 6 and the way she crushes that little wind-up guy - she's a loving monster.

Anyway I have been watching Norway but to be honest this year's was two identical bald men, two identical blonde women and that weird sentient teddy bear guy which made rooting for any given individual difficult. Good series though! More people need to be setting light to things imo.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Henning Wehn could be good.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Heavy_D posted:

Some shocking patter-theft exposed in the outtakes

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1535570034981883905

Pro click there

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

I actually recognise most of these people from Have You Been Paying Attention NZ, which is a weekly news quiz thingy they do (and is often quite funny.)

Pablo Bluth posted:

Unfortunately my vpn of choice (Mullvad/Mozilla) didn't seems to work with nz tv at the moment. Hopefully it stays working again before the show starts.

I know, Reddit, but https://www.reddit.com/r/panelshow/new/ is usually pretty helpful when new international Taskmaster comes out.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

The real fun of watching Suurmestari is that sometimes the subtitles look like this

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The money task may be one of the best initial reveal/reaction tasks I can recall. The actual task wasn’t that funny, but the concept is absolutely hilarious.

That one's actually a repeat of a task from one of the original Edinburgh shows iirc. Although frankly they might have come up with it coincidentally, it's a good one.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AlexHorne/status/1560928352239816705

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

He's Sara Pascoe's comedy sidekick on a panel show called 'Guessable' on some cable channel or other. It's not very funny and he contributes a lot to that imo.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

All Australian comedy quiz show hosts must be called Tom! It's the law

Anyway, I like Hard Quiz Tom but I don't know if he's the right guy for this. I think Paying Attention Tom would've been a better fit. Still going to watch it, obviously. Anyone seen how long the episodes are going to run? because that was a major fuckup in the US one.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Irisi posted:

After two episodes I don't think I'm really getting John Kearns' approach to this at all.

Like, I found Nishs' angry, chaotic ineptitude very funny, and Paul Chowdhrys' dry, dazed ineptitude quite funny, but I'm just not finding Johns' poor attempts and lack of particularly amusing banter in the studio funny at all so far? I think I'm missing something about him.

Apparently he won the 'Best New Comedian' and 'Best Comedian' awards at the Edinburgh Fringe in consecutive years. I just don't understand how.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Kearns was actively sabotaging the task and doing the worst possible thing you could do and they didn’t even consider he might be doing it deliberately. They just automatically thought he was that poo poo.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

He also won the 'find out what's in the briefcase' task in the CoC; there were loads of clues to the lock combination which everyone else worked out, but he just got a hammer and smashed it the gently caress off.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished.
He had won the victory over himself.
He thought John Kearns was actually a bit funny.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

TelevisedInsanity posted:

EDIT: just so I don't double post, did anybody see the Quebec edition of Taskmaster?

It looks like fun, even if they are repeating early taskmaster tasks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3NO5HOlJT8

It was OK except for the times when you could hear Christine, which is a lot of the time.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Horne was on the Off Menu podcast that came out today and, you know how he'll put absolutely anything in his mouth on Taskmaster?

... yeah. He has some kind of mouth blindness.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

exmarx posted:

gleeson is great. not sure about the alex tom yet, his vibe is a lot less neurotic than the other versions'.

He looks like he's doing a bit of a Paul Williams impression sometimes, which is not what he should be doing.

Good stuff overall though.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Just popping in to say Kongen Befaler's live task was a belter this week.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

This week's Spelling Bee was amazing. If you liked TM NZ, get it, you'll like it.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Hey, Tom's dream with a robot dragonfly is a kid's book I remember reading

Edit: yup, nice dunking there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Alex would've eaten every one of those pizzas.