Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
A finance project manager at a multinational corporation managing revenue, expenses, cash flow and reporting. Really spread my wings conducting due diligence. Open my chakras analyzing data from many sources at once.

I knew when I was six years old that this was the dream for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Talking to a kid that just graduated the other day. Asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up.

Him: "A construction manager."

Me: "When you were a kid you dreamt of growing up to be a construction manager?"

Him: "Oh, oh, no. I wanted to be a racecar driver!"

Me: "Well there you go. Be a racecar driver."

Him: "Heh, I couldn't be a racecar driver."

Me: "Why not?"

Him: "......." :brainworms:

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Finger Prince

money.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Finger Prince posted:

money.

My guidance counselor told me I'd never be money.

Finger Prince

KaBob posted:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
So I laughed at the concept of money and grew up happy instead.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

KaBob posted:

I know in my heart that you are and always will be cash money, my orb

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Tired.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

nothing at all

Macnult

i remember really wanting to be a professional wakeboarder even though i've only ever wakeboarded once and it was several years after this obsession. looking back i think i was just trying to convince my dad to buy a cool boat

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I think there's a probably not-insignificant percentage of people around our age that really just wanted their dads to get cool boats and maybe be an inoffensive sitcom dad.

spooky ghost

Macnult posted:

i remember really wanting to be a professional wakeboarder even though i've only ever wakeboarded once and it was several years after this obsession. looking back i think i was just trying to convince my dad to buy a cool boat

required qualifications include:
  • likes boats
  • trust fund
  • can swim
  • balance probably

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Horse doctor.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Mormon Nailer posted:

Horse doctor.

Dr. Trotter

fps_nug

horsing around no longer

KaBob posted:

So I laughed at the concept of money and grew up happy instead.

:kiddo:

GoutPatrol

*Stupid Babby*

I wanted to be a janitor, I still have a nice zen feeling sweeping things up

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
a layabout wastrel. mission accomplished

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Pastry chef. I wanted to make fancy french pastries with big sugar art and ridiculous amounts of butter and sugar and things we weren't allowed to eat.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Finger Prince

I'll be stable
I'll turn the tables

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Someone who does good

nut

the gingerbread man from the shrek movies

xcheopis

Someone who gets paid to do nothing but play with cats and read and also eat Thai food.

More seriously:
An astronomer! Loved all the astronomy stuff we learned as children. Then I left high school early and spent a lot of time getting high and it turns out you have to take a lot of math and physics and also many astronomers are weirdly misogynist.
I was going through the motions of a finance degree when some friends pointed that, really: I wanted to study infectious diseases! Took a lot of classes and such and it was amazing and I loved it. Then health and finances ganged up on me, the jerks. So now I just read books about infectious disease and astronomy and it's fine!

I learned that all mammals are susceptible to rabies.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

xcheopis

I'm very glad she's making money but I also miss her regular updates. :(

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

xcheopis posted:

I'm very glad she's making money but I also miss her regular updates. :(

Social anxiety/depression issues, right? Retreated to Colorado and lives mostly off-line last I heard. Somewhere on her site she asked people to support Chicken Maker, so I've been a patron for about a year.

https://www.chickenmaker.net

xcheopis

KaBob posted:

Social anxiety/depression issues, right? Retreated to Colorado and lives mostly off-line last I heard. Somewhere on her site she asked people to support Chicken Maker, so I've been a patron for about a year.

https://www.chickenmaker.net

Yes, after she moved to Oregon. I didn't know she'd moved again and I really hope things are better for her now.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

xcheopis posted:

Yes, after she moved to Oregon. I didn't know she'd moved again and I really hope things are better for her now.
Might still be Oregon. Might be confusing that storyline with another artist. Things just rattle around in the ole' heady canopy these days. But those comics really saved me a few times. Good energy her way.

take the moon

by sebmojo
:rip:

an achievable goal

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rinzla

An expert in being a mediocre individual with a talent for backgammon, but not too much talent, I’m mediocre after all.

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
FUCKIN DEAD

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

blobby Blobby BLOBBY!!!

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Escape From Noise

An Arby's franchisee

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Escape From Noise posted:

An Arby's franchisee

Ah you're the one who has the meats

Escape From Noise

Bacon Taco posted:

Ah you're the one who has the meats

No, not now, but some day God willing!

barfdog

When I grow up, I want to be a compliance manager. I really want to make sure people are just...following the rules. To the letter. All the time. GDPR? I can quote all of it, even at 6 years old. HIPAA? You bet. ISO 27001948848573? All over it.

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

Finger Prince

A processes engineer. Ever wonder what you'd answer if someone asked you what exactly it is you do for the company? Well good news, I created a flow chart! Ever wonder what to do when you encounter an unfamiliar situation? Guess what! Flow chart! There's nothing that can't be accomplished by following a rigid, linear process.

wimsy

Make a list of all the things you don't want to be and then find ways to avoid all that stuff imo

wimsy

Make a list of all the things you want to do, and then find something to be that allows you to do all those things

wimsy

Monkey cheese ninja pirate, m'lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
All very good input 👍