Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am here and no longer thr thread liberal hack. Thank gently caress. Pretty sure I actually have PTSD from working in politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

In full context I think it's bad grammer. I think they were saying the probe being erased was the mistake not the ban approval.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

...what.....

Last time I benefit of doubt the mods

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

He was meant to be ban + probed but the admin removed the probe, too, when they removed the ban
The ban being queued wasn't a mistake. The admin in question says that they made a mistake approving it.

But it should have been approved. That's the issue. Dude was legit denying genocide.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Kenney, Ford and Pallister have an inside bet going on who can be the worse premier and not get ousted by caucus

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Lars Blitzer posted:

Case counts are reasonable for now. Who knows what they'll be in a couple of weeks once we open up further? The hypocrisy is that much more galling since this is the fourth? fifth? time Bumbles has done "Do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do." His base can only forgive so much. Speaking of which: https://www.skypalace.ca :lol:

Ok, that is pretty loving great. Can people not in Alberta donate to Alberta NDP? Cause I want to be legal.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Keep in mind, these are rhe same goobers O'Toole send a video to on hiw ro win campus debates that also included O'Toole defending residential schools

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

And here's the doublinf down
https://twitter.com/ryersontories/status/1402346860166189065?s=19

Drilcorncob.jpg

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/natnewswatch/status/1403011362083725316?s=19

Stable Genius right there

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Might be she jumped because she felt electoral chances for greens were poorer than Libs

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Paul Manly and Elizabeth May just put out a statement laying the blame for Atwin leaving squarely at the feet of Annamie Paul's chief staffer.

Really do wonder how long Paul stays on when she's pissing off her organization this much and refusing to do anything about her chief staffer harassing caucus members.

Guessing she'll hold til the election in the fall and after she'll step down

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/DavidMerner?s=09

It says greens twice in the bio?

What's real interesting is no posts in 3 days

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I am spending Canada in my garden getting so day drunk I can barely speak while listening to cantent

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I mean, she did come out the gate trying to ratfuck the Libs too. Remember she demanded they not run anyone in the by-election for Morneau leaving because she wanted to run there.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

EDIT: NVM, it sucked, like most of my posts

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I actually am starting to feel hopeful

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

FYI, the owner of that place is a well known piece of poo poo. Racist, assholish, etc.

Have a sample

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 5, 2021

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think Union Local 613 is run by good people. I assume most of the businesses along Somerset Village are run by decent folk.

Prohibition house not so much, but Union very much is.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Oh god, you think if Harper doesn't run, they will elect a full blown mask off Socon? I can see that happening

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/KyleHarrietha/status/1412550408283820043?s=19

Ha ha rip Greens

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Willatron posted:

"Violent protests aren't effective" says the man in charge of the Province that famously hosted the General Strike of 1919 which involved street battles with police and military personnel, property damage and ushered in new labour legislation as a result. For gently caress's sake, an overturned streetcar is now a monument itself to a very effective violent protest.

Says the man who rules a province that literally only exists due to one.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/Puglaas/status/1413128438592933898?s=19

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/ctvottawa/status/1414636956668112896?s=19

What the actual gently caress

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Franks Happy Place posted:

In a few hours I will be heading out to officially join Two Dose Summer, which Erin O'toole helpfully branded Trudeau's Summer because he is the worst politician since Joe Clark

Even loving Coyne had an article today about how bad a job the CPC is doing right now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

What did he have to say? Lol if I'm shelling out for the Globe and Mail just to read one spicy condemnation a year.

Non-paywalled link

Choice Quotes are

quote:

More than leadership or policy, it’s the Conservative temperament that’s putting off voters

On many of the most important issues of the day, Conservatives have either had nothing to say (hello, climate change) or have actively antagonized voters they might otherwise have reached (race, immigration, marriage equality).

Beyond leadership or policy, the Conservative malaise seems even more to do with what I might call the party’s temperament: not just its image but its persona, the deeper qualities of disposition that are revealing of character. Something in the Conservative temperament has simply become repellent to a great many people.

If the besetting sin of Liberals is smarmy sanctimoniousness, the Conservative equivalent is a chippy defensiveness, an adolescent petulance, a conviction that the cards are perpetually stacked against them.

Far worse, however, has been its toll on the Conservative psyche. The same fundamental insecurity that, in a Joe Clark or a Bob Stanfield, emerged as a kind of apologetic cough of deference to liberal elites, is also at work in today’s smirking Conservative populist. (Link to Pollievre's twitter was here)

In sports it is often observed that a team might have the best players or the best strategy, but if it does not have a winning culture, that elusive gel of belief in itself, it is still doomed to defeat. Until the Conservatives develop that culture – until they acquire some self-respect, put a smile on their face, and act like grown-ups – they will be condemned to the same.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

Is Andrew Coyne the one who hates the liberals because a his mom and a Trudeau hooked up once upon a time?

His sister and Pierre yes, resulting in Justin's half-sister.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Didn't Pallister's Indigenous and Northern Affairs Minister retire from the cabinet over his colonialism comments tge other week?

Couple days ago yes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/smithjoanna/status/1415746158069157893

:getin:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wouldn't go that far. I would have just granted Quebec sovereignty over Quebec City in exchange for never being allowed to influence federal politics or international relations ever again. They want sovereignty, they can have it as a rump state as racist and bigoted as they like in a small, concentrated area that is easy to quarantine from the rest of the world.

I had a similar idea for the western provinces but the quarantine zone is a tad larger.

The issue with that is that Quebec City is a beautiful city, with a lot of nice things. Can we just give them Trois-Riviere's instead?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/the_ns/status/1417529374669164550

Just sayin' (Not my tweet)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/aballinga/status/1417936511593504769

Holy poo poo the greens are pure wtf.

Also, loving Toronto, and gently caress the police. ACAB

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

tagesschau posted:

Who do they even have to replace O'Toole, though? Don't say Harper. They don't seem to have much of a bench at the moment.

I assume that the writ won't be dropped until the Nova Scotia election is over, as is custom.

God, I think Skippy would def run again. Hell, Scheer clearly wants to be leader so bad he'd do is as a comeback vanity run

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

the talent deficit posted:

bc teachers and being furious at the provincial government. name a more iconic duo

Liberals and hands in cookie jars?

Conservatives and electing human bags of milk as leaders?

Cheryl Gallant and batshit craziness?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Servetus posted:

Have the Greens decided if they are voting out their leader?

Short Answer: No

Long answer: Literally they did arbitration, the arbitrator said "What the gently caress you idiots no", so then the executive council has filed a lawsuit against AP. They are also doing their convention in mid August, AKA in the middle of the election, where she might still get turfed, again, in the middle of an election

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Question. What does the thread think of bringing pet bunnies out to your garden for a couple hours at the time? Is that ok?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

Only if the garden is behind my house and I'm allowed a series of tests to determine which is softer

Hieronymous. However she isn't allowed outside again until I can really secure the yard

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/1423351294312517633?s=19

And here's the backtrack complete with the "no I didn't mean to say what I explicitly said out loud"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

My sources are saying Monday too

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I honestly don't think the writ drop is today

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'll give it until 6pm before I give up. It's still a noticeably quiet news day with all the focus being on climate doom, the border opening and William Amos not seeking reelection. I wonder if he is starting a new onlyfans career.

Told ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Capri Sunrise posted:

So if the PCs fail now which they seem to be on track to do so - who's next? I do think Mackay or Chong might actually be able to threaten Trudeau going towards a 4th election but I'm skeptical either would win a leadership contest.

Lotta evidence Pollievre will toss his hat in the ring. C'mon Skippy, do it you piece of poo poo