Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Yeah it's p silly - haven't previous threads followed the federal election cycle, mostly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

pikachu-shocked.jpg

"Actual real experts said the plan looked fine, so naturally we had to toss it"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm getting really tired of the suggestions by politicians that youth are somehow hesitant to get their vaccines so we need a lottery or some other form of incentive to make our dumb baby brains realize that the adults know best.

The reason youth vaccination numbers are lower has less to do with youth arrogance and assumed immunity and everything to do with younger people needing to wait their turn while older demographics got their shots first. So Legault can piss off with his patronizing answer regarding ways to convince the under 40s to get vaccinated. Most of them are still waiting for their chance.

*Prioritizes people 30+ for vaccines*

*Low vaccination amounts for people <30*

"Why would the millenials do this?"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Second shot todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay holy gently caress I am amped

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

RBC posted:

2nd moderna shot feels like Norovirus. Going to stay in bed all day and watch kitchen nightmares on youtube.

Honestly I think this plus tylenol is the optimal way of riding it out

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Yeah - my parents bought a new build near Gravenhurst and I genuinely wonder if the builder was just a scam artist. House absolutely not matching the drawings submitted to the city (literal extra rooms), illegal (untagged) well, septic bed backed up in the first year, and construction waste buried in the backyard, just to name a handful of the insane litany of issues.

The builder convinced my parents not to file with Tarion early on when there were only a few issues and has paid for a significant amount of the fixes, but they're habitual home-improvers and even they are just sick and tired of everything coming up in this place.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Aren't the BC Cons a non-entity, so every other party has shifted right to fill the respective void?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

And god knows a large portion of the province is gonna be at one in the next few weeks

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Starks posted:

IANAL but in ON all no pets clauses are void. They can say there’s a no pets policy but they can’t enforce it or evict you for violating the clause, regardless of whether it’s an apartment building.

Not sure about purpose built apartment buildings but condo corps are allowed to have no pets clauses. There's a fairly small niche where it's allowed and enforceable, so you'd need to do some reading if you're planning on renting a condo, but I remember looking into that when I moved into one a while back and yeah if the clause is legit and you're found in violation, they're fully within their right to levy fines against the homeowner, which is probably a good way to have said homeowner suddenly need the condo for their personal use.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

infernal machines posted:

I live next to a butcher/grocer and a produce market, so I just walk over there in the afternoon and grab whatever is cheap/looks good for dinner. Both cost less than NoFrills for everything.

In theory this offsets the ungodly amount I have to spend on rent to live here.

if you live within walking distance to a butcher and grocer I have very bad news for you about your theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

DynamicSloth posted:

Singh could get tonnes of attention if he ratcheted up his threats to bring down the government over the promise they made in writing to deliver a pharmacare bill in 2023, but then he'd actually have to be willing to bring down the government. No one gives a poo poo if he's just threatening to slow down the government he is propping up.

oh god dammit you've made me realize I misread the news on that - I thought that's literally what he'd done, not that he was just threatening to be a procedural pain in the rear end