Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
2019? I’ve travelled back in time. I must warn the entire world about how bad Star Wars 9 is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Arcsquad12 posted:

What's this about?

Pallister wants retroactive wage rollbacks for nurses for the past four years and the average payback would be $20k.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Willatron posted:

Not that I have any trouble believing this about Pallister, but is there a link to a source for it? I'm not finding anything via Google search or the CBC MB site.

I had just seen other people in this thread mention it, and it is speculation. I have seen Twitter references to a wage freeze but nothing about paybacks.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/hospitalizations-unvaccinated-people-1.6058273

No surprise, but the vast majority of COVID cases in Saskatchewan are from the unvaccinated or recently-vaccinated.

quote:

Of Saskatchewan's 5,296 reported COVID-19 cases in May, 91.9 per cent involved people who were unvaccinated or whose vaccine hadn't kicked in yet. 

Similarly, of the 191 people hospitalized in May, 155 were unvaccinated or had received their first dose less than three weeks earlier. The same was true of 40 of the 46 people in intensive care last month. Six people who were in ICU had received their first dose at least three weeks earlier.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

It's been a full 24 hours after receiving my 2nd Pfizer dose and I am feeling excellent. Aside from the required arm pain of a needle - no headaches or fever or anything. Now to wait the 2 weeks, get my card and i'm a-ok!

I got moderna yesterday for the second dose (Pfizer was my first) and I’m having no side effects aside from a sore arm either.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

My brother mixed Pfixer + Moderna and said today he felt like total poo poo but a tylenol is helping. I said for him to stay home but he said he had to go in (asphalt truck driver).

I did that combo on Monday and felt fine for most of Tuesday, but got really tired in the evening and felt a little sick. I had a really good sleep though and feel fine today.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Only 32 new cases in Saskatchewan today with a positivity rate of 1.77(!), despite having the lowest vaccination rate in the country. I really hope this delta variant doesn’t take gold because things are starting to look a lot better.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Saskatchewan’s NDP is associated with austerity measures from the 90s and has never been able to shake that monkey off their back.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

“There will be an election this Winter!”

“Oh boy, we better purchase some ad time!”

“Nuh huh. Not so fast. I didn’t say Simon Says.”

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Goosed it. posted:

Same poo poo on BC and Saskatchewan. BC's cases have tripled in less than 2 weeks (mid thirties a week ago Monday, triple digits yesterday).

All the provinces that rescinded their mask mandates...

We’ll see about Saskatchewan, I’m not too optimistic, but numbers have been high due to outbreaks in northern communities. There are a lot of unvaccinated people up there. I have a nurse friend who travels up there frequently for work and she said their is a lot of vaccine hesitancy due to a justified historical mistrust of the government. There hasn’t been huge increases in regina or Saskatoon yet, and for what it’s worth, about 1/2 the people are still wearing masks.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

They probably had some business group tell them that too many people were missing work due to covid or exposure so they made it do you pretty much have to be dying to get tested now.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Cases have been low for most of Saskatchewan since we got rid of all public health orders. There have been some outbreaks in Northern communities though, and hospitalization have recently risen as well. The government isn’t releasing as much data now and as often either so it’s going to be very reactionary if there are more outbreaks. There’s a sold out Rider game in Regina on Friday so that will be the big barometer for how bad it is here.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Karatela posted:

I didn't expect a premier who somehow hosed things up worse than a literal drunkard rear end in a top hat, but here we are.

Scott Moe has probably hosed up harder because he just waits for Kenney to do something then copies it a week later.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

There’s some Twitter and Reddit chatter alleging that that PPC candidate is already dead. Apparently his family is claiming he had pneumonia but not covid so his illness/death isn’t going to convince anyone in redneck Saskatchewan to get the shot.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I’ve heard the “how old are you” for very young children and teasingly for people up there in years. I’ve never heard the counting.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Meanwhile in Saskatchewan…

https://twitter.com/drhassoun/status/1450964261258268672?s=21

https://twitter.com/patrickmaze/status/1451173693883748357?s=21

Moe has hosed over the province hard. He spent the summer appeasing the vocal anti-Vax minority and now our health care system has essentially collapsed. He put off asking for federal help as long as he could, and he cancelled ICU transfers to Ontario because it made him look bad.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

PT6A posted:

I think most of the problematic people are smoking too little cannabis, not too much.

You don't go round an MLA's house and set up nooses if you're stoned, you sit on the couch and listen to music whilst eating Hawkins Cheezies.

Far from legal weed, we need mandatory weed.

I may be late to the party on this but I recently heard about frozen Hawkins Cheezies and I have tried them now and they are delicious.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Fidelitious posted:

Back the gently caress up, I thought the references to 'Queen of Canada' were a sort of a tongue-in-cheek declaration, are you telling me that this person and others literally believe she is the Queen of Canada and has command of military forces? Apparently including ones from space?

The internet was a mistake.

A local business posted a photo of 2 of these followers on Facebook after they issued one of their summons to the business for enforcing the mask mandate. Unsurprisingly, they looked completely brain dead.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Dre and Snoop are legendary rappers.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The Regina city Police got a $3.8 million increase this week. They said body cams ($1.2 million) were too expensive but for an increase so they could buy a plane.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

That’s weird because I’m a few years older than you and when I scheduled my booster it recommended that I receive a shot of whatever I had for dose 2, which was moderna, but they gave me Pfizer instead.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Scott Moe got COVID, just yesterday he did a press conference and kept on taking his mask off when he talked.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I can’t recall us ever having a snow/weather day in Regina. I do know they cancel busses when the weather gets too lovely though.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Saskatchewan is going to start lifting restrictions soon, and Moe has strongly hinted that vaccine mandates will be eliminated. gently caress this province.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Regina police shut these guys down last night. The roads to the legislative grounds were all blocked off with cement barricades so the chucklefucks started blocking traffic on Albert street, one of the main arteries for traffic in the city. The police showed up and started ticketing, towing and taking plates and most protesters scattered.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Joan of Arc, you have my sword.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1490775015641518082?s=20&t=frA1XKSBidf1vSeOPR8nzQ
God damnit, you loving chuds are the worst people on earth.

I wonder if she lives in the apartment building they tried to burn down?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The most I can ever get out of anyone is a hatred of the carbon tax.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Scott Moe told Saskatchewan businesses to get a lawyer if they want to try to enforce proof of vaccinations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Cutting off the funding will probably help clear out a lot of these protestors.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

tagesschau posted:

I'm surprised that seeing people getting arrested right in front of them hasn't motivated more of these occupiers to leave on their own.

They think they’re right and consider the arrests a badge of honor.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

What the typical conservative hasn’t realized yet is that even though the cops are on their side, the cops don’t view the rank and file as their equals.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Saskatchewan also had really high rates of HIV and AIDS even before the pandemic struck here.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Moe will sign up for this.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Petit poisson, petit poisson,
Nager, nager, nager

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I loving hate that guy. He gave me nightmares.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Sashimi posted:

I'm going to make a wild guess and say offering choice in services in the healthcare section is just a dogwhistle for privatization.

That, and letting people take horse medications for COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

eXXon posted:

It looks great! I hope the New Blue party finds success, and spawns some more spinoffs, like the True Blue Party and the New True Blue Party. I don't want conservative voters to lack in choices.

The Blue Chew party would probably solve a lot of their underlying issues.