Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I was pretty fatigued for a few days but I don’t know if I can attribute that to the shot, life is pretty fatiguing sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Another Bill posted:

Canadians support Israel because they are a settler nation who treat the settled as less than people, just like us.

e: To acknowledge that there's something fundamentally wrong in Israel requires Canadians to admit the same thing about our country, and a lot of Canadians won't ever do that.

We (eventually) went anti-apartheid in South Africa despite it literally being based on Canadian policy, with consultation from the Canadian government, so I wouldn’t say never.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

There were 139 residential schools. Many, many more graves to find.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

It’s be nice if we could scapegoat the Catholics, but it’s not like they went rogue, they ran the schools exactly as the government of Canada wished. And all of us settlers are the beneficiaries of genocide, so who do we press charges on?

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, traditionally you would set the Guy on fire.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I got a moderna chaser to my pfiz first dose on Saturday and I was anticipating having a rough time but so far all I had was a slightly sore shoulder. I had no reaction at all to the first dose fwiw, like it didn't even leave a mark.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Femtosecond posted:

For some reason young women 18-30 have started to really, really not like Justin Trudeau.

18-29 Men: Singh vs Trudeau: 55 to 49. Not too far off. Men like Trudeau fine.
18-29 Women: Singh vs Trudeau: 56 to 29. That's a 20 point plunge there for some reason.

From the latest abacus data released this morning
https://abacusdata.ca/party-leaders-canada-abacus-july-2021/

This is actually very depressing. 1/3 of women under 30 think O'Toole is modern and interesting wtf.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Australia had governor general who didn’t give royal assent to something, ultimate result was a constitutional amendment blocking governors general from having opinions, i think.

Personally, i think they should lean in to the pointless symbolism and just make a portait of the queen governor-general. Or, if it has to be a human, do a kfc and have a bunch of different people dressed as the queen rotate through the role. I’m sure Norm McDonald is available.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

MaoistBanker posted:

Outsider who works for a Canadian company and I want to sound not totally stupid. Where does this election likely end up? Another minority? I could see people going "Well I hate CPC so here's your dumb majority just leave us alone!"

Am I completely off?

The Liberals at least are highly confident they’ll win a majority if they’re calling an election now. They technically don’t need to until 2023.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

All I know is Jagmeet’s dad gave me mind-altering drugs, so he’s got my vote. 1,2
1Dr Singh Dhaliwal was my psychiatrist and was very helpful in a difficult time.
2Actually I know other things besides.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

Won’t take a vaccine - will take a horse dewormer

I blame Dungeons & Dragons for the fact that I keep misreading the thing as “horse dweomer” and thinking people are doing magic spells, and actually they kind of are.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

That really sucks, Chicken, hope it works out for you. Fwiw, for me, getting a recommendation from a walk in doc to a psychiatrist was kind of life-changing. Like, the drugs I was prescribed for general anxiety also eliminated my fear of heights as a side effect. Not discounting therapy, but get them good drugs if you can.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

If it weren’t for the racism, the fact that he’s not running candidates in my province, and that I’ve already voted for someone else, Blanchet might be swaying me.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

It's easy for him to take the positions he does when he only cares about the Quebec vote. Especially the racism!

Pleads posted:

Knowing you're only courting Quebec and can just say the stuff that caters to them must be pretty fun compared to all these other donkuses who have to try juggling a bunch of moron constituents with different stupid ideas.

Yeah. I’m mostly joking, but I am enjoying Blanchet enjoying himself.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Well I deeply regret watching all that.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Cocaine Bear posted:

Is there a good reason Ontario and Alberta don't have their own federal parties to run on racism and more money for us gently caress you? I get the stupid reasons the bloc exists for, just not why no one has tried to copy the model of securing the future of our provincial culture.

gently caress, I can hear Dougie's radio ad decrying the injustice of starving white Ontario babies in contrast to those fat cats living it up over in NS or whatever.

Ontario has no culture. Alberta has those silly hats, at least.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

Oh poo poo the Parry Sound-Muskoka candidate is Revolver Ocelot

:ocelot:

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

ARACHTION posted:

Holy poo poo wtf is happening in Alberta, I mean Alberts delenda est and all that but this is ridiculous.

Sure it looks bad now but

https://twitter.com/CBCScott/status/1438304201365409795

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Everyone: "…"
Alberta:
https://twitter.com/AHS_media/status/1440042495744741383?s=19

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty believable imo

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

half cocaine posted:

I don't understand how he's escaped scrutiny from the competition bureau.

I don't understand how no one has noticed that he is literally Nosferatu.

half cocaine posted:

https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/1454025974543261698?s=21

tldr he isn't doing poo poo

FYI, almost all major grocery stores in the lower mainland are owned by Pattison and Weston.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

InfiniteZero posted:

I believe that public safety standards should be based on observations made from Shaw Brothers films, so basically we need to ban nunchucks, flying guillotines, and poles. Also assault is tolerated if the person you assaulted disrespected and/or removed the sign outside your dojo and/or if the person in question previously murdered your master.

If you outlaw flying guillotines, only outlaws will have flying guillotines.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

None of these things are safe but if I don’t go in to work in my manufacturing or whatever job, I don’t eat, but if I don’t go in to a restaurant, I can eat at home.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

I love that this mentality persists until the infrastructure they rely so heavily on, like warehouses and the shipping industry, get swamped with cases and shut down and only then the big red emergency light go off and then promptly ask how they possibly could have seen this coming or stopped it from happening. I know everyone shits on Alberta for this but its extremely prevalent here in Ontario too.

No tests, no cases, no shut downs. Problem solved! :eng101:

We had a confirmed case at my warehouse and I literally can’t get a test. We have not been advised by the public health unit, found out through the grapevine.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

Apologies if I missed it earlier, but where are Canadian goons ordering N95 masks from?

I got mine from Vitacore. You have to basically preorder, but they arrived in Ontario within a few days of their actual ship date. https://shop.vitacore.ca

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Powershift posted:

What really pisses me of is that there are serious issues within the trucking industry that truckers deserve to protest for.

These dipshits have stolen the truckers' voice, and burned the truckers' political and public good-will for their own dipshit ends.

Driving a truck is skilled labour and you're taking on enormous personal liability when you take the job and your reward is long hours, rampant wage theft and abuse from every direction.

Yeah well these guys are truck owners, or acting on behalf of them, so they're cool with all that poo poo.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1489052582983184385

I never know Murphy Brown was Canadian.

(I know it's a different Candice Bergen and this one is a maga chud)

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

My dad fled the province all the way to Toronto.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Fun fact: 90% of the truckers are delivering. This is just 10% of dumbfucks. Also gently caress right off

Waaay less than 10%. Significantly less than 1%, even. There are like a million trucks on the road (1,122,565 vehicles over 4500kgs registered in 2019 according to Statscan). How many trucks are actually in Ottawa? I can’t seem to find any reliable numbers, but the OPP report of about 100 in the convoy a week ago would be about one hundredth of one percent.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

MNIMWA posted:

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/1490811201089159170

Another cool, normal list of demands from the occupiers. Calling for the GG to uh remove the PM and Environment Minister (weird that he's the second one they name), Chief Health "Minister" Teresa Tam (not her job title), Horgan, Singh, Blanchet (??) and for a vote of non-confidence to be brought (?) against them.

Also just a ton of weird pseudo science and magic thinking, odd grammar and spelling, and an invocation of the Nuremberg Code and Helsinki Accords. Candice Bergen and Jim Watson are right - when will the PM extend an olive branch to these people???

Good luck on that common ground mr mayor.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Weird how tough talking Premier Ford hasn’t said anything about the blockades. Is he having a hard time choosing which of his presidential cosplay windbreakers to wear?

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

You can’t use the military on them, they’re white! old stock canadians!

(Ok, yes, Trudad used the military on the people of Quebec, but they were not white old stock at the time)

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

StratGoatCom posted:

We can throw them into the stockade and cashier them if they do that.

Who can? The military police? They’re like double cops.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Jan posted:

Please, you would get arrested in a matter of hours. Have you seen the response when that lady threw a chair onto the Gardiner from her condo deck?

You’re right, we might end up in a Drake video.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Call me crazy, but I’ll be very surprised if the Quebec Liberal is the next leader of the party that canned O’Toole for being too red.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I don’t think Putin is mentally unstable at all. Megalomaniacal, maybe, ruthless certainly, but quite stable. Not reckless either but quite careful. He took a little bite with Crimea and saw what would happen, and now he’s back for more.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Look, sometimes Uncle Sam needs a few Canadians to legitimize their international peace coalitions.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Qu'est-ce que c'est? Qu'est-ce que c'est? C'est nous perdu dans le forêt.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

InfiniteZero posted:

Man joins freedom convoy, donates life savings to truckers, now lives out of his SUV, has a few regrets, including realizing he doesn't really have a stance on vaccination mandates:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-convoy-protest-regrets-1.6394502

'I regret going': Protester says he spent life savings to support Freedom Convoy

”Anglehart is currently living out of his SUV, as he said his landlord kicked him out over his "point of view" concerning the protest.

His “point of view” that he should give his rent money to the konvoy, right? How unfair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

infernal machines posted:

Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and, uh, Halifax?

Gotta be Mississauga, the number one destination everyone's talking about.