Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So how about that Pallister being a god drat ghoul?

Oh, no, I don't know if he did anything today or justify me calling him that, just a friendly reminder for the new thread that Pallister, Premier of Manitoba, is almost definitively the worst Premier in the country, and is also a god drat ghoul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Just a reminder that the Manitoba government just wants to sacrifice everyone on the altar of Mammon and Moloch.

"Catching COVID at work not the same as workplace transmission: Manitoba's deputy public health officer"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-workplace-clusters-folo-1.6045285

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

He'd have to be a drat lunatic to even mention something like that right now

PT6A posted:

Wow that's absolutely vile!

Thaaaaat's Pallister! Just when you think he hadn't shat on healthcare workers enough, he finds a new way!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... wait, what was that about him wearing a student's hair?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So what happens to the people shipped out of province once they've recovered anyways? Who foots the bill for them to come back, considering they probably didn't go voluntarily?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Can the party kick the premier out of their party and/or out of office? I would love for that to result from Kenney's little patio party.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So apparently Pallister still hasn't actually said what his plans are for reopening Manitoba. How the gently caress are we over a year into the pandemic, and over a month after poo poo had officially hit the fan for Manitoba, and he's still just kinda shrugging and going "I unno. I mean, we have ideas on what to do, but... I unno. Maybe we can open for Canada Day or something?"

Also, if we had no plans on how to reopen after poo poo hit the fan, WHAT THE gently caress WAS RESTARTMB? I mean, in theory you had a plan from before! Why not just... oh, I unno... STICK TO THE PLAN YOU loving NUMBNUT. Or crib the reopening plan from *checks notes* LITERALLY ANY OTHER PROVINCE. I mean, even Doug "Denser than particularly dense osmium" Ford managed to pull SOMETHING out of his rear end.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Willatron posted:

With cases still over 100 a day and nurses having just gone on strike I feel like announcing a vague, non-committal reopening plan had a lot more to do with happy distraction than actually putting a solid plan out there.

Oh poo poo the nurses went on strike? About drat time. I know they're going to get a ton of flak from idiots, but nurses have really been treated like poo poo by Pallister's government ever since he came in and this was a long time coming. I hope they're able to get what they rightly deserve after all this time (as in, proper contracts, higher pay and overall better working conditions, not the other implication of "what they deserve").

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm honestly wondering if we can quarantine Winkler until they actually get vaccinated. Sadly I don't think we can do it for the surrounding area, but what's the population of the surrounding area vs the population of Winkler itself?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Just a shame that's for Wimnipeg, because you know if it was for Manitoba, then the Cons would probably be heads and shoulders above the rest.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

infernal machines posted:

Doubling down on loving with healthcare workers during a global pandemic is one of those incomprehensible gaffes that can't have made any real sense to anyone.

Even if you're absolutely ideologically committed to loving up public healthcare, you don't do it while it's front and centre in everyone's mind.

"Nurses and doctors are heroes for being on the front lines during a pandemic. Also, I hate nurses and am currently twisting the knives that I stabbed into them 4 years ago as hard as I can." -What someone thought was a good message.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm booked for my second shot now, Moderna instead of a second Pfizer dose. I convinced Mrs Randalor to sign up for Moderna as well, so the under-18 crowd can get their shots as soon as possible.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What the gently caress, Stanley?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Literally "This_is_fine.gif" energy from that announcement.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Trip report after several hours after my second vaccine: Feeling fine. Felt drained when I got home, but I think that was just the high heat and my being hungry rather than the vaccine. The arm I got the shot in is slowly getting sore, but that happens every time I get a vaccine, so par for the course there.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah, other than my sore arm, I'm now feeling... off. Hopefully after a good night's rest, it'll have passed.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So I'm not going to watch the video, because it set off my "racist fuckwit detector" (colloquially known as "my eyes when I read who made that tweet") and the second vaccine has been handing my rear end to me all day, but... what in the everloving gently caress is he going on about? I mean, other than Winnipeg's infection rate dropping like a rock (despite Pallister's best efforts), I'm not sure what Winnipeg did this time with the pandemic? We've been getting our shots. Blame people in Winkler-and-the-surrounding-area.

Or is this more "WUHAN FLU WAS A BIOWEAPON MADE BY THE COMMUNIST CHINESE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1!1!1!1!!! *something something* LIBRULS!"" bullshit?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

apatheticman posted:

China fear-mongering, also implying that china created the lab in Wuhan and somehow Winnipeg was involved due to the work they were doing on increasing replication viruses.

The rest is trying to tie in a bunch of other poo poo.. it's really just qanon bait.

So here's the thing that I don't get about the whole "COVID-19 is a bioweapon" stuff. Okay, so, I'm guessing the mindset is "China made the virus in a lab with the intention to release it", but... the virus first started to spread in China, which means they... unleashed it on their own people first because... reasons? Why can't we get fun conspiracy theories like "COVID-19 was made by a non-China country to slow down China's economy, except that it's a virus and spread like a virus when every world leader is a loving moron"? I know, I know, because racism.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Imagine how lovely your workplace must be if people are willing going to work for Amazon even after all of the horror stories have come out.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Time stamped to Pallisters bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1a57Mx6_tU&t=586s

Yes, the settlers came here with good intentions. You loving imbecile. You loving poo poo stain.

"Comments are turned off" I think sums it up perfectly.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So Manitoba hit the second "goal" for reopening well ahead of the August Long Weekend, and Pallister... has said he's going to wait before easing restrictions again. I'm scared, he's actually doing something... sensible? During the pandemic? I mean, I know stopped clock and all that, but still... what? Who is this man and why couldn't he have been running the province sooner?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I mean... it's possible that the Greens lost their support to the NDP and the PPC is slowly starting to eat the CPC.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

I was expecting the fundie vaccination problem to solve itself in one way or another over time. I thought it was gonna be through people killing themselves through stubbornness, but this seems even better since they won't be clogging up the ICU. Sucks for the places they're emigrating to though.

Vaccine fears fuel exodus from Winkler area

:byewhore:

I mean, this isn't how I expected Manitoba to get our vaccine rates up, but I'll take it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Femtosecond posted:

Some real breathtaking boomer idiocy here from Hedy Fry

https://twitter.com/HedyFry/status/1418298559514939393?s=20

The BC government has only in the last week just started asking those under 40 to get their second shot.

I doubt almost anyone under 25 has gotten an email to book an appointment.

I'll say this much about Manitoba's rollout of the vaccine: At least the second dose was just based on date, and you could sign up for your second shot the moment that they said "Everyone who got their first shot on X date or earlier can sign up for their second". None of this waiting for an email or a phone call BS.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Goosed it. posted:

I know Pallister is terrible but has Manitoba hosed-up the basics, like masks, so willfully?

I don't recall the specifics on mask mandates, but I do remember that they would always drag their heels on implementing any provincial health mandates while blaming people for not following the "suggestions".

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I mean, technically couldn't the GG veto everything (or just refuse to rubberstamp anything) until the Canadian government at least starts upholding their end of the treaties and agreements?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Maybe he's planning on taking a page from Pallister's playbook and just saying "For shame, I'm very disappointed in all Albertians".

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

It is a great day for catholicism, my interesting internet acquaintances.

Arson is bad. Do not do an arson. Recognize a situation where you can purse your lips grimly, and nod, and understand why someone ELSE might think it would be good to start some fires, but recognize that this is ultimately bad, and then resolve to not do bad things.

I mean, if you burn down the churches, then the Catholic Church will spend more money to repair or replace them and take it out of reconciliation money. They've already shown they'll use that money for everything else (that isn't reconcilliation).

Edit:

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Speaking of Manitoba
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rheal-forest-residential-schools-1.6121886

Also Pallister hasn't made a public appearance since his "came here to build" comments, what, two weeks ago?

He's just been busy punishing Ministers who spoke out against him.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 29, 2021

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Honest question.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

My predictions:

-No third vaccine for those who recieved mixed vaccines
-Removing the mask mandate
-Asking for proof of vaccine is banned
-Increasing indoor capacity to 75%
-Mixed vaccines no longer considered fully vaccinated

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Someone on the r/Winnipeg sub had a link to the manual and ways to disable the dog if they end up using it on you. Spray paint, blankets, anything really to cover the front as it works on visual aids. There’s a latch under the chest you can pull to disable it. And also there’s a hard power button on the back.

What a stupid toy to buy. And people wonder where defund the police comes from.

I wonder how long until it gets stolen and dismantled for scrap metal.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Dog owners are all kinds of hosed up. Now let me tell you all about why my cute wittle floofy kitty is the bestest pet ever (my cat is a loving murderer who enjoys playing God with any animal foolish enough to enter our yard)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm just assuming at this point that the new "restrictions" are because Pallister and Roussin have been practicing their "Who could have possibly seen this coming?" expressions and want to show them off in three week's time.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Beelzebufo posted:

But i feel like section 7 could be argued to apply to the medical test too. Those nasal swabs go deep. If Horwath's argument is that you can refuse vaccination on charter grounds, I don't see how you couldn't make the same argument for most of the covid tests being used.

Oh, you could, and if you said "okay, we got rid of mandatory vaccines, can you please get tested now?" they would say the exact same thing about testing them for Covid.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The US still isn't recognizing mixed vaccines as "Fully vaxxed", right?

Also, what's the over/under on what time CST that the election will be announced? 11 am? I need some joy in the miserable week ahead (hooray for doing mask enforcement when the province has said its up the businesses to decide that...).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Syfe posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/bitcoin-mining-black-rock-petroleum-company-1.6106978

Cool, cool, just using fossil fuels to make crypto trash. I wonder why they chose Alberta :allears:

"World's on fire and BC's an unlivable hellscape? Time to burn more fossil fuels!"-Alberta, every day for the past decade. Really not sure why this is news, to be honest.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm hoping for either Pallister retires, or he goes "lol just kidding about lifting the mandate, it's back on as of midnight" after the business owners started drawing their knives.

I keep asking myself what the worst possible thing he could announce would be. He declares himself Premier-for-life or announces that Manitoba Hydro has been sold to whatever O&G company Kenney is in bed with, probably.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Sounds like he's going to step down as soon as the PC party performs the blood ritual and selects a new leader.

How do I throw my name in the ring for candidate? My name is European enough and I'm a pudgy white guy. If I can subvert the system for the good of the people, I'm willing to condemn my soul.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ottawa took a look at the "Dumbest person in Canada" competition between Ford, Kenney and Pallister and said "Hold my beer".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Why bother making laws if some people might break them?