Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Ontario’s new top doctor recommends that good, useful work underground in mines the safest place for children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Headline in 6 months:

“Federal Liberals use the data collected from ground penetrating radar at residential schools to plot new pipeline routes”

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I wonder if we can use this to gently caress the fed conservatives when they advertise against Trudeau as Ford and the Ontario conservatives have shown they are aligned with this message and that makes the federal conservatives a third party message in the province of Ontario

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

In fact. On the radio the provincial PCs are targeting ads against Trudeau himself and not “the federal government” so they themselves are acting as a third party in a potential federal election within the province of Ontario

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Tesla Tories indeed

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

He’s likely already out and will attend a court date in 2 years where a judge frowns in a disapproving manner before letting him off Scott free

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Sorry. I shouldn’t be a negative ninny.

Maybe they’ll put him in gen pop

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

She’s right about Trudeau though

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Beelzebufo posted:

It's not like there's some sort of tedious repeating pattern to manitoba elections since the formation of the NDP and collapse of the liberals.

That’s Morse code for “Torture”

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

What else would you call living in Manitoba?

In spring. Itchy

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I don’t see why it would be any more irritating than the usual pap you’d hear.

I don’t even know if anywhere actually plays much music in government buildings and I won’t be in a Quebec government building likely ever.

Plus I like a lot of Quebec’s music.

Seems like this is a bait move to get angry anglos to shorted their lives with rage.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Listenin to Celine to own the Anglo’s

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

This country is probably full of this. And the pope and his child fuckers are digging their heels in.

We don’t get to shift blame to them. We were the ones going door to door dragging them to these hell holes.

Canada is illegitimate

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Jetfire posted:

Plenty of blame to go around here.

Yes but our political apparatus is going to scapegoat the church in an attempt to do nothing about this.

We can’t control Rome. We can try to do something about Ottawa

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Glimpse posted:

It’s be nice if we could scapegoat the Catholics, but it’s not like they went rogue, they ran the schools exactly as the government of Canada wished. And all of us settlers are the beneficiaries of genocide, so who do we press charges on?

Just start with the RCMP and we’ll let you know when to stop

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Lmao Alberta is the bag holder for dogecoin

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

So what was the heritage fund supposed to be used for? Is this related to those rumors that Kenney forced public service workers to pay into a retirement fund that was backed by the canceled oil pipelines?

Well I’m sure it wasn’t for Hate. Says so right on their T shirts

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Just about fell out of my chair when I found myself mostly agreeing with Jerry loving Agar in the sun of all things.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/agar-plenty-of-living-political-leaders-who-should-answer-for-residential-schools

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I mean yes, inquiries are absolutely needed and none too gentle either, buuuutttt: toppling statues is constructive whether people have the stomach for it or not. By removing these venerations of terrible people and not replacing them, you can at least avoid the next generation thinking these jerks are to be celebrated.

Might've been the bit addressed by "mostly" though. Hope you're staying cool today

Ya I am not with him on the statues. Rip the things down. Let’s elevate ideas and ideals and not people.

Although we could never actually prosecute any of these people we can have them testify about how they either chose to be ignorant about what was going on or were
Ok with it and then we strip their orders of Canada and all the other poo poo these ghouls heaped themselves with

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

“Hi, yes. I’d like to order a pizza to 420 Disarm and Defund The Police lane”

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Regardless I think we can all agree that the nation of Taiwan is awesome and we should support that great sovereign nation

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

apatheticman posted:

https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1410345559664193537?s=20

Remember that time all those hate crimes happened to people of colour and Jason created videos for those too...

Did they have a basement where small sandwiches were served? Did they? Apples and oranges!

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

StoicRomance posted:

I got very ~weed fun~ awhile back and came up with this stupid idea:

Create a dumb mini-senate by giving the Governor Generalship to the indigenous bands in Canada.

Let them figure out a system to pick a Governor General. Boom, now the survivors of genocide are a small aristocracy in Canada with a veto over every bill in Parliament and the ability to dissolve and call elections. Nice budget you got there, this reserve has no clean water. Get it done or the bill gets it. Oh I'm sorry, "Crown" land? Who is holding the power of that Crown? Technical landback!

I might be wrong but I think only the Queen can remove a GG, and if our new GG were to do things like this she could probably lawfully dissolve parliament before machinations could remove her. Anything she does in the vein of using the office as leverage to materially improve the lives of aboriginal Canada would cause, at minimum, a Constitutional crisis. I see no real downside to doing this.

Not a perfect solution but couldn't hurt. I'd rather be beholden to the original holders of the land than SNC Lavalin and Goldcorp.

I would rather the senate be dissolved and all of their power given to a First Nations “senate” (or whatever term they wish to use) and we cannot pass law without them and they cannot pass law without us so it better work for everyone.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

...as defined by... uh-oh

Funny we are very good at identifying native status when we round them up for re-education

But when we give them self governance? “Oh man who knows. Maybe I am a native too! 1/25th hahahaha”

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

nearly 80% of ontario has received a vaccine dose and just over 50% of 12+ have received 2.

So we only have to gulag 20% of the province. Not bad. Maybe make a white chud reserve they can go live without clean water in for the next dozen or so generations

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Glimpse posted:

This is actually very depressing. 1/3 of women under 30 think O'Toole is modern and interesting wtf.

1/3 of women under 30 who are willing to sit through a phone poll about politics

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Who the hell believes America will have their back ever? They’re going to do us dirty even more than in the past the first chance they get

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

He’s so close. And yet so far

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

“Our world view is repugnant to most human beings. Clearly we just need to act more up beat about this”

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Isn’t that like a brand new neighborhood? Looks like it’s right on the edge of another phase of garbage homes

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

ChickenDoodle posted:

Also, make sure when buying a house or apartment build before 1985 that your wiring is up to code, cause you might just find a smoldering fire in your loving wall thanks to the heat wave!

Thanks, home inspector, for making it sound like our wiring was TOTALLY FINE.

Home inspections and new homes are scams.

Did you have fuses or a breaker panel?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

ChickenDoodle posted:

Yeah, seems about right for this hell hole. (That’ll be worth 2.5mm now I imagine)

I do, yeah. It doesn’t go off fast enough, apparently. Also, half aluminum half copper in this stupid apartment (the building was built in the 60s with all aluminum wiring and whatever rear end in a top hat renovated the place only did the kitchen and bathroom and most likely without permits). It’s a whole bucket of nightmare fuel I’m fixing and then running away from for something younger.

I’ll take a look into this with my contractor, thanks. (He’s the one who alerted me to the fact this idiot told us it wasn’t anything to worry about at the moment).

Thanks for the advice. Sorry for making GBS threads up the thread.

Fuses are actually safer and better but with a big asterisk on that. You have to use the right one for the circuit. People screw 30A into 15A circuits and then melt their wiring.

And aluminum is okay as long as all the plugs and switches are rated for use for aluminum. The issue is when people mix them up.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1416170773182615552

The Greens have lost votes to... Maxime Bernier??

Good job, environment party.

They’re known as “Tesla Tories” for a reason

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Vaccine shopping is happening because we’ve already had indications that mixing vaccines may not be a recognized vaccination method in many parts of the world.

This is a strategy that Canada has adopted and may leave a lot of people very angry when they find out they can’t enter into many countries.

This has already begun to happen.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I am sure that every country will come to an agreement. I myself am mixed dosed as I didn’t care what I got.

I’m just making the point that not everyone who is vaccine shopping is doing it for trivial reasons. If my job depended on travel I would certainly want what would guarantee me the best luck of doing so until they work all of this out.

Not everyone is a vax snob or a chud

Just a lot of them

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Frankly I hope she refuses to speak both official languages

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I think the reason I find him off putting is his eyes don’t seem to focus on anything. Like there’s a soul of a real person inside that’s horrified at everything around it but is merely a passenger watching himself be the leader of the CPC

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Pets can’t consent to ownership

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Guest2553 posted:

Yes, noted goons such as The Smithsonian, JSTOR, and UMass all need to get a life :jerkbag: I don't know what Australia's problem is, it's not like anybody misses those 20 species driven to extinction.

Are you the rereg of that psycho who posted his cat killing fantasies on here a week or two ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Guest2553 posted:

I don't know what you're talking about but while we're getting all rhetorical, it may surprise you to know there's a few degrees of separation between thinking cats are an ecological menace and lacking the wherewithal to openly discuss torturing them them. In fact, I even used to have cats and loved them despite being allergic as gently caress.

It is you!

quote:

let it be an outdoor cat and it starts making GBS threads in my yard and destroying my plants guess what? you now have a poisoned cat and when you ask me if I have seen it I will say i have not I hope you find it!

Why even own a pet if you're not going to take care of it, outdoor cat owners are objectively bad people, they live significantly shorter lives, have more health problems and destroy native wild species. and before you call me a cat hater I have two cats and they're the best and they're indoor cats like all cats should be. Stop being lovely pet owners thank you