Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jetfire posted:

All he needs to do for a heel turn is voluntarily cut his hair.

Why wouldn't you at least do a hair match and have, say, Marko laugh seeing him with his hair shaved, boom, big heel beatdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, that could be a 'Tony or Cody said he's done, the paperwork won't be done until Monday'.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't he there partly because Alex has been working as Penta's manager?

And not that this should even matter, but Shida barely even has a noticeable accent! English is obviously a second language for her, but her pronunciation is great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

He's gonna a bit busy getting thrown off the stadium roof

*translated from Spanish* And now I'm gonna do a sweet flip onto Wardlow from section F!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yaya posted:

LAX should do Spanish Commentary. Especially if they're the ones currently wrestling

Speaking of, I noticed Kingston was wearing an actual LAX shirt in the promo segment.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

I can't get over how good Kenny opening the envelope only for the shredded pieces of the contract to just.. scatter to the wind is. Sometimes the weather at Daily's ruins segments, sometimes it makes them.

Low key the best part was Kenny looking into the envelope after that, like "Wait, where's the contract?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I freaking love the use of Where Is My Mind for OC, and starting it at the riff for run(well, walk)-ins and interruptions is so perfect. I will be very mad tomorrow when the Good Brothers beat him up and Omega hits the OWA on PAC.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Matt doing the true heel move and not even trying to hide his hairline.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Acclaimed vs the Blonds would be a solid little undercard feud, especially now they're gonna have a third hour to fill.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

The only thing I didn't like about Adam Page winning was him drinking from a can of beer afterwards.

They should've had someone run out afterwards and present him with a cup of beer.

That's actually something Page addressed early on the pandemic, he said (in his normal fun way) that he's not drinking from open containers at shows any more for health reasons. Frankly that's probably a good idea even outside the pandemic, given how risky taking random solo cups from the crowd could've been.

I do think bottles might be a better look. Would also open up a possible tag team with James Storm, which would rule.

Also, how much longer is Jeff Hardy shackled to the Fed? I figure Matt can milk one more short run out of the Broken gimmick with Brother Nero by his side (like enough for one PPV cycle, no more).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

PAC, but yeah. He also got real disdainful when Excalibur called something by its Japanese name (“Oh yeah, would hate to get hit by (move).”) and straight up forgot the name of who he was talking about during a head on segment when Tony was out of the booth.

And I know some people are visceral about this, but Callis or Taz would be a massive improvement. Even in heel manager mode Callis during the men's title match was throwing in little things putting over PAC and OC and pointing out cool stuff. He used to do the same in NJPW (honestly the worst thing he would do there is poo poo on Charlton and I think it was a genuine mistake on his part because he'd do it with Rocky Romero and Rocky is a quick enough promo that he'd fire back), where he'd never outright bury Okada, he'd poo poo-talk Gedo but constantly talk about how amazing Okada was, or gush about Tanahashi, or sell being terrified of Suzuki.

I really hope Mark Henry's taking JR's place on the Rampage desk, too.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 1, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Thunder Rosa "Loser Stays In Town" match going to a draw is textbook lovely booking of a stip. If the other person can't take the loss, but you don't want to follow through on the stip, don't book the stip.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I also feel like it has actually helped Darby.

I think people who focused on Page and Sky getting over miss the point. Sting's there to give Darby the rub and it's working, the dude is hella over and they've used Sting really well, supporting Darby so people don't watch and think of him as Sting's sidekick, but more of a protege.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

I want someone to edit the DoN footage so Max just keeps saying "Yo. Yo. Yo. Dustin. Dustin! Look at me! Yo. Yo. Dustin! Yo. Yo." for like a full 10 minutes.

I really, really hope that was a spot, because the glare Dustin gave him is either some of the best selling of all time (which, sure, he's the Natural) or he was about one 'yo' from shoot slapping Max.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

Once things open back up I'd actually like to see a belt comparable to the SWA belt from STARDOM where it can only be defended against someone of a different nationality/country

I feel like TK's planning to try and get New Japan to let him use the IWGP US title like that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kvantum posted:

PNP for the tag titles, Sammy for TNT?

Or maybe Taz demands the FTW title back from Cage and Ricky Starks ends up with it, then Sammy can take it off Ricky once he gets healed up? No, FTW should be the superheavyweight belt for Hobbs if not Cage, so... yeah, they need some sort of X Division title, almost.

I really wanted Cage to give Hangman the FTW belt after losing to him. You could do the angle where Hangman is number 1 in the rankings but Callis and Omega keep finding reasons not to have the title match, so Page just starts defending the FTW title against the guys below him on the list as if he's already the world champion until Kenny gets so pissed off he agrees to defend the title at All Out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Rampage is going to be on TNT, so if it's not moving to TBS with Dynamite, I could feasibly see them keeping the TNT belt on Rampage and introducing a new midcard belt for Dynamite. Otherwise they don't need more singles belts.

Rampage is going to TBS.

It goes: Dynamite on TNT. Rampage starts on TNT in August. In early 2022 both shows move to TBS. Then TNT specials every 3ish months.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

No that must be somebody else but hi anyway :)

I will also support Wild Thing 100%, and I've never seen Major League or an Onita match. It's unique and fun and has an incredible energy to it.
I think if anyone could pull off that mirror thing and make it actually badass it would be AEW.

Well you reveal Page is really there and he smashes his whisky glass over Kenny's head.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Why is he quoting DDP while dedicating the match to Matt?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because there was an angle where DDP was Christian's life coach

I remember it. It was right before DDP retired and also the first time they kinda let him be himself (I mean, not that the life coach stuff ISN'T him) with actually letting him hit the Diamond Cutter and do the BANG stuff, and amazingly, he started to get over!

On a different note, I'm not sure anyone's pointed out that they made sure to have OC get visual pins on BOTH other guys in the world title match (Don pulling the ref out to make it clear he was getting the 3 on PAC and there's the usual thing of having the heel pinned for more than 3 seconds but the new ref needs to sprint down and doesn't get to 3 before the heel comes round with Omega.)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 2, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tommy End for Dark Order. I think Murphy tries NJPW. I can see CJ just being basically herself, just being bubbly and hyped when Miro murders guys. And Heidi to Impact feels right.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

I can see Lana managing Miro, even if others can't. She can be the hot sharp tongued ice queen that directs Miro's mayhem. Or maybe I just want her to walk on Fuego Del Sol in high heels.

I do, but I'd go the other way, have her just be super into him killing guys. Like he murders Marko Stunt and she just starts making out with him over the carnage. Don't just do Lana again, have CJ be something different.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She's his dentist

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

WHAT IS BIG McHUGELARGE DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE???

He calls that the Thunk Chestslam!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Buddy Murphy's whole thing since he went solo in WWE is working like the store brand version of Kenny Omega. Like, they could've just pushed him like they were planning to push Kenny and- Oh, I think I've realised the flaw in this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

AEW subtly starts growing a Snake Eater stable.

Somewhere in Jacksonville, Kenny Omega just sat bolt upright and locked eyes with Cody Rhodes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

can poor Ten not be Dark Order's legit singles guy?

Brodie Jr, does your mom know you paid :10bux: for this forum?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

*looks at men's singles rankings*

*cowboy guitar intensifies*

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Britt 100% gonna duck Thunder Rosa because she’s not actually part of AEW.

Oh, it's definitely gonna be the 'I beat her before, and there's no record of her ever beating me, so nyeh!' bit.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hirsch vs Conti would be fascinating because the logical way to lay it out is pseudo-shoot style.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dark gets 150k-200k views on YouTube. Even if you assume literally every one of those watches the show in full with 100% attention (which lol no) that is 20% of Dynamite's audience. It's fair to assume the other 80% don't know poo poo about what's happening on there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

li'l yeehaw

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IM NOT CRYING UR CRYING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Leyla with Team Taz
Rosa with Darby/Sting (half-skullfaces unite)
Deeb with Pinnacle
Abadon with Death Triangle
Heel Shida with The Elite
Tay with Jurassic Express
Britt with HFO
Nyla with Inner Circle

idk just spitballing with some of these

HFO already has the Bunny. Also why would you not do Rosa as part of Death Rhombus with Abadon hanging out with Goth Boi and his Dad?