Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Eat My Fuc posted:

TV time, storylines, she’s a top 10 in the world womens wrestler and nearly none of her feuds have had stories.

I like Britt better and want her to win but it’s lame Shida has been a belt warmer on TV even though the ringwork is top tier

the entire rear end women's championship tournament was a storyline that was booked by shida herself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Britt Baker is the only heel that Schiavone likes lmao

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Drakkel posted:

A stellar show on almost every level, but I have one problem: the story of Britt Baker winning the title.

They created a scenario where literally everyone was hoping and cheering for the babyface to lose, and that everyone should want the bad guy to win because "She's earned it!" which is just....a really weird story to tell in a wrestling show? It's kinda lowkey insulting to Shida that they've basically made her losing the title a foregone conclusion for like a year and did absolutely nothing to make anybody root for her. Thus, the hero's journey ends with a miserable failure while the first full crowd at a wrestling show in nearly 2 years celebrates the villain who cheated to beat her and she'll probably just fade away to Dark/Elevation land cause Baker's the only woman in the company that matters (until Brandi comes back of course)

Which gets into my other problem; who could possibly challenge Baker at this point? She's beaten Shida, she has victories over Thunder Rosa, and nobody else in the company has been pushed to even remotely her level. Nobody else has any sort of character or storyline beyond "is a good wrestler" or "isn't appearing on the show this week." The only other woman whose being built strong recently is Jade who is also a heel so that's kinda moot.

Frankly I'm convinced at this point it's just gonna be another year-long run where the champion shows up twice a month to squash someone while the rest of the division gets relegated to 3 minute Dark matches with no character building or storylines. Except this time the belt is on the one woman the company will allow to speak ever, so maybe she'll get more screentime than Shida but that's probably about it.

https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1399188416215015435?s=20

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

coconono posted:

no one wants to work Strong. Have you seen that show? its worse than WWE.

Have they started having an audience yet or are they still wrestling in the dark room of a high school?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I guess she was really pissed that she had to put over a rookie and tried to do something like regal vs goldberg

except that regal could absolutely beat goldberg in a shoot

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I'd be OK with Mox leading a Scumbag Avengers team to take down the Elite

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
colt cabana should always come out with his own song, especially if taz is commentating

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Fightful is reporting that talent was telling them Shanna was done back in April due to mistreating extras, so that tracks with that weird Leyla match. I am almost interested in going back and see how her last couple matches went before that one to see if anything else jumps out.

Yeah, ragging on extras is the Captain's turf!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

cams posted:

...huh

just accept that most long time wrestling fans are brain damaged and there are specific triggers that just put their mind in a Bad Place

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

smarxist posted:

i wanna be the USA Cartoon Express Champion

Adult Swim Champion. Miro was made for it

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
She used to do amateur wrestling.

With the men.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I think AEW allowing for wrestlers to have a job outside of AEW other than wrestling training schools would help out a lot with the camaraderie in the locker room - less of the "this is all I have, I have to defend it with my life" type of desperation.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

projecthalaxy posted:

Tommy End is going to come just to lose to cody who will cut increasingly deranged promos about religion in America and will probably just call Tommy Kevin Sullivan at one point because cody is completely deranged and thinks he is his father in Florida.

uh this rules?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
just in time for the third tv hour

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
To be honest, I can see Braun being part of Dark Order shenanigans because of all the insane bullshit they made him do over the years.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
KEITH LEE IS FREE

Edit: fake news? Bah, I got excited

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Braun Strowman could be any bouncer in a Florida nightclub

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I'm reminded of a wrestler (I think AJ Lee?) that was advised to keep a plate in her arm by WWE doctors, and a real doctor went "lol no, keeping that in actually contributed to your second break"

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Long-Time Lurker posted:

The YouTube shows are great because wrestlers who aren't utilised heavily on TV aren't just stuck in catering and instead get to do what they love--sometimes they get so over on the YouTubes it translates to the main audience on Dynamite.

Which is super weird when you think about how 205 live and main event is considered the 8th circle of hell. It probably helps that Dark/Elevation isn't treated like a separate brand and are true sister shows to Dynamite, with 'main roster'(if there is such a thing) talent showing up to do matches.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Tommy End vs Hangman Page

Child predator glasses match

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
She probably practices at least one day a week, and has fill-ins or associates come in to work other days. She also has to attend a certain number of hours of classes/seminars for continuing education to keep her license current. I don't blame her for maintaining a practice - a wrestling career can end in a flash but those student loans will go for at least 20 years.

Edit: that's not even taking into account the administrative duties as the head doctor of the practice, handling insurance, making sure the office is running smoothly, HR issues, etc - I would never call running a practice as 'passive income'.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

She practices several days a week, I have no idea why anyone is saying it is passive income. She details her schedule that she kept pre-pandemic and it was pretty crazy!

Christ, I forgot that as head dentist, she has to go through and manually approve every chart that gets generated from the office every day

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

explosivo posted:

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1400898124877647874
Hm.

Edit: I have no idea how much hair that actually is for a lady.

that's some samurai poo poo

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
On a side note, my daughter is crushed that Shida lost :(

Britt may be a draw for smarks, but Shida is a draw for the kids, folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
dustin's gonna paint the canvas with his own blood