Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lord forgive me, but it's time to go back to the old me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I made a comment earlier tonight that I guess went out over the air that I am deeply ashamed of. If I have hurt anyone out there, I can’t tell you how much I say, from the bottom of my heart, I am so very, very sorry. I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith — as here’s an Ego's Edge by Page, it will be a pin, and so that’ll make it a win for him and Sky — I don’t know if I’m going to be putting on this headset again. I don’t know if it’s going to be for AEW. I don’t know if it’s going to be for my bosses at Turner. I want to apologize for the people who sign my paycheck. For AEW, for TNT, for the people I work with, for anybody that I’ve offended here tonight: I can’t begin to tell you how deeply sorry I am. That is not who I am. It never has been. And I’d like to think maybe I could have some people that, that could back that up. I am very, very sorry, and I beg for your forgiveness.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

smarxist posted:

they should put the new cody figure as a free pack in with Britt's figure and he's like crammed in behind her in the case lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I hope the dude gets fired for being a racist piece of poo poo too, but I think it is probably counterproductive for a fan reaction to Shida's very well done promo segment to be "What a pity it was tainted by someone else, poor Shida."

Shida rocks and will continue to rock, haters and losers vacate

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Codependent Poster posted:

Who's idea was it to send Paul Wight out there who apparently has no idea how to operate a scale?

They thought his name was Paul Weight :(

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MJeff posted:

More than anything in that segment, having Ogogo do and say nothing was a weird choice.

Like, when they brought out Wight, my assumption was that it was so Ogogo could knock his rear end out.

I admire AEW's commitment to the occasional subverting of wrestling tropes, but if any match could use the shortcut heat-up tactic of "big brawl and pull-apart," it's this one.

Also if you're gonna have no physical confrontation in a ~10 minute segment, you should probably have an idea of *a* thing you're going to do, at some point, other then having QT say "what are you doing, booing the heel? You should cheer him idiots!" 4-5 times

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

The cool thing about AEW is that he could have used that segment to do almost anything, and it seemed designed for him to improv and they could call it in the ring, he just didn’t. He didn’t respond to any of the giant’s comments he just orbited his designated area looking lost. QT I guess then attempted to cut a promo, it was as amusing as a warm breeze. Cody should be world champion and I wish he was less humble.

He didn't have a mic dude. My guess would be that they specifically planned for QT to be a heat magnet for Ogogo in that segment

I've always liked making fun of Cody despite seeing him as a mostly good wrestling character, but on a 100% serious note, he's been kind of floundering after losing the TNT title. He's been a part of, like, 3 unreservedly good segments this year (Shaq match, Penta callout, Nightmare Factory turn), and he's not even churning out the "dumb-but-kinda fun wrassling bullshit" at the same rate as he used to (more inexplicable figure fours on a bus, less meandering promo work, please). Hopefully it's just a rocky feud and he can work his way into something better after DoN

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think Miro has the most obvious combo of charisma/distinct look/acting ability, and I'm pretty sure he's already got some Hollywood connections

I am convinced that Eddie Kingston could pretty easily have an actual acting career if he wanted to, albeit in more bit/supporting roles

Jade has the "look at her, we have to put her in something" factor

The Hollywood Hunk Ryan Nemeth is already a breakout film and TV star

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
For everyone going “Ogogo’s supposed to be the heel????” I’m like...99% sure they are OK with some people liking Ogogo in this feud. They’re giving him a primo spot to debut in, Cody loves doing ~shades of grey~ stories, I’m sure they want a guy the UK audience gets behind so they’re not going to make him overtly rotten.

Cody knows pure hearted people are going to root against him anyway so he benevolently gave us a good character to cheer for

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think nobody else on earth shares my opinion on Mox themes, which is:

1. Troggs version of Wild Thing
2. Unscripted Violence
3. Major League version of Wild Thing
4. NJPW theme

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

El Generico posted:

Jungle Boy is so over and so good in the ring. I feel like making him less of a bland, white meat babyface might ruin him, too. He's got this doofy charm. Are either Marko or Luchasaurus good promos? Can they just talk for him?

Luchasaurus is lame but Marko did a surprisingly solid promo during the FTR feud. Once he's outgrown his unpleasant Actual Child gimmick I support him being JB's manager

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I’ve been thinking about how the Dark Order is kind of directionless without a top singles guy, and how Hangman isn’t really a great fit for that spot long-term even though they’re fun together

What I’m saying is Tommy End is the missing piece that will finally create the momentum necessary to get us to the promised land of Uno-Grayson tag champs

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Shard posted:

What are you talking about? She would be a great coach if nothing else. One of the things I love about NJPW is all the old wrestlers there that work with the young wrestlers. Every company should go with that.

Yeah a sure-handed veteran woman with personality who doesn’t need to slot in at the top of the card would be great depth for a division that’s still heavy on developmental talent

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rarity posted:

No way can Impact come close to Braun's price tag

Who the hell's gonna outbid them

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Drakkel posted:

Big Swole, Thunder Rosa, and Nyla Rose all have victories over Baker in 2021 and, aside from Swole's title match with Shida, none of them have ever appeared on Dynamite again.

Do people have memory loss when it comes to Thunder Rosa being featured on AEW Dynamite or what's going on

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I feel like I'm losing my mind because to me, they have clearly built up Thunder Rosa as the top babyface in the division right now. She's cut promos (including one on Dynamite!) about going for the AEW and NWA belts, she's the No. 1 contender and her rival just won the title!

Obviously it's unclear if/when they'll be able to fully pull the trigger on her because of her contract status, but ignoring the degree to which they've set her up as a long-term foil for Britt feels like going "Who the hell is going to take the belt off Kenny?" and ignoring the existence of Hangman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They're really straining to keep FTR out of the title picture as-is, so a FTR-PnP feud where Proud n Powerful wins and jumps to #1 contender makes a lot of sense