Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I feel super bad for Shida. She's wanted to cut a promo in English and when she does, some racist rear end in a top hat makes fun of her. And she's probably scheduled to drop the title. I hope she doesn't let that poo poo get to her.

Seriously it's so bad. She talked about one of her goals is to speak english in front of a crowd. And she loving killed it. Racists pricks always tainting poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Roasted Donut posted:

i don't speak spanish and don't listen to the broadcast in spanish and never would have even heard of it without a ton of people on here immediately looking for blood about it, so the average aew viewer likely has no clue about any of this. in the long run the ppv is going to get all the discussion this weekend. are you loving nuts?

While most don't watch the show in Spanish, most AEW fans watch twitter and other social media and this will make news and it could very easily blow up.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MotU posted:

i dont think most fans are glued to the twitter for it, honestly.

I honestly don't know. Just feels like these days everyone is online always so I just assume all fans under a certain age are - no matter the media.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t know why anyone expects Khan to do anything about it but it was super loving lame and racist out of the blue and they already kind of disrespect Shida a lot. The new women’s belt looks great though

How do they disrespect Shida alot?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLeGER8YjoA&t=100s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smikey posted:

but England was the one transporting and selling slaves to the colonies

That's how he's a heel. He's right but a the same time the country he is touting is just as bad and in some cases worse than the US.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Remember how bad rear end Adam Page looked talking poo poo to Cage while bleeding? Remember how cool Stu looked cheesing it to the camera after pulling off a sick move?

coconono posted:

Nyla needs a figure tho

Lol this is like the 3rd time in this thread someone has said AEW needs to do something and AEW did the thing they want them to do.

Shard fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 29, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They are still in love :)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress OSW - They have the worst public wrestling reviews I've ever seen. Especially in regards to women

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When does the pre show start and how do I watch? I ordered the ppv on fite

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Don't click on the replies.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I order using a VPN (on my phone) to get a cheaper price. I have to start the stream using the vpn but then I can switch back to my regular network and watch the rest. The Fite tv app on my roku will not show the AEW PPVs as an option even when I purchase them due to me being in the US.

Same. My kids want to stay up to watch - so I'm projecting my computer onto my daughter's tv in her room and we're having a sleep over.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That was hands down the best ppv I've ever seen. From the pre show to the end I was into everything.

I'm still amazed at AEWs ability to have people cheat and the match still not be bad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mox looked like such a bad rear end and the Bucks looked like killers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus I can see the main event scene in 10 years from here

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Reminds me of some of those Wrestle Kingdoms where the show would end and I would think,"Really? Already?" and then realize it had gone for like 6-7 hours :lol:

This was better than any wrestle kingdom I've watched because it wasn't too long. The match quality and booking quality was even but the lengthy puts it over for me. If anyone asks me to sell them on aew I'm pointing to this show

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Grem posted:

Who's the first heel champ to lose the belts? I gotta say Kenny seems to be the closest with a challenger in Page on the horizon. But the Bucks seem like the easiest transition with tons of hot tag teams coming up.

Gotta go with bucks.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know what's great all the Champs are heels but all the heels are over and it doesn't suck the air out of the room

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

A stellar show on almost every level, but I have one problem: the story of Britt Baker winning the title.

They created a scenario where literally everyone was hoping and cheering for the babyface to lose, and that everyone should want the bad guy to win because "She's earned it!" which is just....a really weird story to tell in a wrestling show? It's kinda lowkey insulting to Shida that they've basically made her losing the title a foregone conclusion for like a year and did absolutely nothing to make anybody root for her. Thus, the hero's journey ends with a miserable failure while the first full crowd at a wrestling show in nearly 2 years celebrates the villain who cheated to beat her and she'll probably just fade away to Dark/Elevation land cause Baker's the only woman in the company that matters (until Brandi comes back of course)

Which gets into my other problem; who could possibly challenge Baker at this point? She's beaten Shida, she has victories over Thunder Rosa, and nobody else in the company has been pushed to even remotely her level. Nobody else has any sort of character or storyline beyond "is a good wrestler" or "isn't appearing on the show this week." The only other woman whose being built strong recently is Jade who is also a heel so that's kinda moot.

Frankly I'm convinced at this point it's just gonna be another year-long run where the champion shows up twice a month to squash someone while the rest of the division gets relegated to 3 minute Dark matches with no character building or storylines. Except this time the belt is on the one woman the company will allow to speak ever, so maybe she'll get more screentime than Shida but that's probably about it.

People were cheering for Shida and thanking her, the company gave her the new title belt and all but put the division on her back for a year. The crowd appreciated this.

Thunder Rosa beat Britt in their last match. Nyla Rose has beaten Britt. Two challengers right there.

People had a feeling Britt was gonna win because of how much of a star she's become. She hasn't changed her character and despite this is so massively over that she was able to get dueling chants with a popular champion and won the title in a crazy match with a lot of near falls that made them both look like a million bucks.

TL,DR: Let's wait and see. AEW has earned your trust.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Like maybe I could see what yall were saying...if Britt wasn't super over, has shown growth from the beginning of AEW to now, didn't feel like the natural next champion and hadn't been in some of the best matches in AEW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ok thread getting weird post ppv. Going to sleep now

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

cody rhodes

Frodo Chodes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Didn't Jungle Boy draw with Jericho? They've been high on that guy since day one.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like the set up and pay off of the bolt cutters and I also like that P&P and FTR drank and toasted before beating the poo poo out of each other.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

I will continue to lol at Miro yeeting the snake bag

https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1399194344721092608

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Some say the number is big. But I'm here to tell you it's not big enough

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Really coming around to weirdo Max.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol Janella is the scumbag 34 year-old that sneaks into a high school party to sell drugs.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

As long as people have memorable matches and feuds and the company treats them like I star I don't care if they ever get titles. I felt the same way in the old WWF days and ECW. WWE has made title wins meaningless and nothing matters there now to the point where I don't think they can turn it around. I read the results of RAW tonight and honestly it doesn't even feel like a wrestling show anymore especially when I compare it to Dynamite let alone DON

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

That sounds dumb as hell

Well to be fair that's how the briefcase in NJPW is handled right? Like you can fight for it? Also in Lucha Underground they had like an Aztec medallion belt that you had to fight people to get all 5 medallions to earn a title shot that was pretty cool. It can be done well but honestly they kinda treat the number one spot like that in AEW like how we saw with Page and Cage

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is Mox the longest reigning US champ for NJPW?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I looked at this for like 10 minutes trying to figure it out if it was a joke or not. Braun? Didn't he have some main even title matches recently? And he went to bat for WWE all the time and they put a lot of time and money into him.

Lana? Wasn't she on Raw this week?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mickie doesn't really have anything to offer AEW at this point and I'm adamantly opposed to anything that increases the odds of Nick Aldis in AEW.

What are you talking about? She would be a great coach if nothing else. One of the things I love about NJPW is all the old wrestlers there that work with the young wrestlers. Every company should go with that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

shiksa posted:

Tommy end coming in and being the "stop all this goofy poo poo and be spooky" guy in the dark order would be great yes pls

But I love the goofy poo poo. It's what made me like them as a group

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I will say this if Braun goes to AEW he will get better, both personally and professionally, and if he doesn't they'll drop him like a bad habit.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

This is the best this thread has been this far between Dynamites and you know it.

They're still not wrong. Something about Lana and Miro brings out the weirdness in people re: Vince and Kevin

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My two favorite forums coming together.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/nr188q/so_cody_rhodes_is_one_of_us_now/

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1400256511927013379

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm gonna bonk this whole rear end thread

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/1400559751734382603

https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1400586525046448128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005