Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Leadthumb posted:

In megaman 3 you could hold down left or down or something on the second controller and it made you jump crazy high, and also you could fall in a pit and have no health but still jump back out and then you couldn't die?

But with no health you also couldn’t fire the normal weapon and had to use Rush to fire regular shots. Also there are no pits anywhere in Wily’s castle, only spikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Caithness posted:

But with no health you also couldn’t fire the normal weapon and had to use Rush to fire regular shots. Also there are no pits anywhere in Wily’s castle, only spikes.

That’s just good planning on Wiley’s part

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

PISSED AS A FART
poo poo AS A PISS
FART AS A poo poo
LAUGH AS A FART
WE ARE FRIENDS AGAIN! HEY!

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oh also the cheats in rockband/guitar hero that unlock all the songs; gently caress doing a “campaign” mode for 10 hours just to be able to play the good songs

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Leadthumb posted:

In megaman 3 you could hold down left or down or something on the second controller and it made you jump crazy high, and also you could fall in a pit and have no health but still jump back out and then you couldn't die?

I'd forgotten about this one, lol. It was the only way I beat Mega Man 3 for a long time. didn't the zero health thing carry from stage to stage? my memory is doing it some time in the doc robot stages and being invincible the rest of the game but it's been like 20 years.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmao

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

g_saberrealisticcombat 1

hell yes

did anyone else frequent gamewinners? fondly remember people posting pages long button combinations to play the simpsons theme in ocarina of time

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Oh also the cheats in rockband/guitar hero that unlock all the songs; gently caress doing a “campaign” mode for 10 hours just to be able to play the good songs

Same for unlock all characters on the Tony Hawks/SSX games.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bolverkur posted:

turok 2 had tons of cool cheats like big head, wireframe, tiny enemies

i didn’t play much turok 2, but the first one had a lot of silly ones as well, like disco mode

https://youtu.be/zPFh_-eM144

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Was it an ingame debug mode or a game genie cheat that let you put down your own springs and poo poo in old sonic games? I think it was a debug mode through sound test or something

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AdmiralViscen posted:

Was it an ingame debug mode or a game genie cheat that let you put down your own springs and poo poo in old sonic games? I think it was a debug mode through sound test or something

Yeah it was a debug mode you could access through playing a certain combination of tracks or something like that

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Lara Croft nude code. Yeah, it's real and maybe I'll let you know it one day haha.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
NFL blitz 64 with big heads is my favorite cheat of all time

DonutKing
Mar 27, 2009
In crusader: no remorse, the code to enable cheats was jassica16

If you type that in crusader: no regret, it pops a message to the effect of 'well of course we changed the cheat codes for the sequel dumbass' and warps you to a battle with 4 copies of the final boss

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021

Hizke posted:

Lara Croft nude code. Yeah, it's real and maybe I'll let you know it one day haha.

l is real 2401

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

g_saberrealisticcombat 1

this owned. also enabled super dismemberment and you could make bodies pop apart

jk2 and jedi academy also let you spawn in any npc and make yourself invisible so you could setup big npc battles. i wish every game let you do this

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My friend and I used to boot up THPS3, make a custom stage full of spike pits, then turn on the flight cheat and duel it out, seeing how many times we could knock each other into the pit.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the ones to get the eggs that didn't do anything in banjo kazooie like 10 years later

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

You could play as Green Goblin in the mostly mediocre Spider Man 1 movie tie in game which gave you an entirely different overpowered move set where you could carpet bomb groups of petty criminals and fly around, it was tight. You got different cut scenes too. Absolutely the sort of content they would charge 20 dollars for these days.

I’d gladly pay.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

DonutKing posted:

In crusader: no remorse, the code to enable cheats was jassica16

If you type that in crusader: no regret, it pops a message to the effect of 'well of course we changed the cheat codes for the sequel dumbass' and warps you to a battle with 4 copies of the final boss

in heretic, if you put in doom codes it would do the opposite thing so if you put in iddqd (god mode in doom) you’d die and if you put in idkfa (all weapons ammo and keys) it would take away your weapons and just leave you with the staff. i owned myself with this when i was a kid playing heretic the first time.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://i.imgur.com/CyyPZ4O.mp4

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Billy Mitchell

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
in mega man 2 if you hold select when picking the level you want it changes the boss intro's stars in the background to chicks:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

in mega man 2 if you hold select when picking the level you want it changes the boss intro's stars in the background to chicks:

whoa

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

RTS cheat codes where you type a specific phrase into the chat were the best

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds had some good ones like “That’s no moon” to spawn an invincible Death Star that could level entire bases in a single shot

HOW DO YOU TURN THIS ON, the cheat to spawn the most powerful unit in Age of Empires 2- a blue GT Shelby Cobra

I was worried that they would remove this from the remaster for copyright reasons but fortunately they did not

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Age of Empires one had a nuke and laser trooper as well as a missile car

Yeah that's a baby on a trike with a blunderbuss.

The cheats in those games were rad.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 1, 2021

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

HOW DO YOU TURN THIS ON, the cheat to spawn the most powerful unit in Age of Empires 2- a blue GT Shelby Cobra

I was worried that they would remove this from the remaster for copyright reasons but fortunately they did not

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

AND THE GOOD LORD SAID LET THERE BE FLAPSHOTS has some deeply upsetting Brit-Jerkcity energy

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I used to do this by mistake and could never figure out how I did it, like the fireworks in Mario bros

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

hell yeah

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Age of Empires one had a nuke and laser trooper as well as a missile car

Yeah that's a baby on a trike with a blunderbuss.

The cheats in those games were rad.
Spawned a bunch of these and thought I was clever until the computer started using monks to convert them to their side. Some real Stephen King poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Awesome

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Came here to post this

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol, That's awesome

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

slapping the sonic 3D blast cart to go to level select

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Not really a cheat but the password system to Worms 2 told a story about a Worm

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
jassica16 is a weird way to spell it but it made the Crusader games trivial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
down a b start for extra guys in battletoads

I have no idea how I knew this cheat code in 1992 when I was the only kid who had that game. must have been in a Nintendo power?