Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
To bring this over from the playoffs thread:

Lockback posted:

Yeah they should. They made the conference finals 3x in the last 5 years including last year with basically this same team (Plus Hayward who was hurt most of the time). You give them an actual offseason and fill out the bench + figure out the center situation (Maybe get Horford for a song?) and this team is right back to solid. Blowing it up is a bad move here.

The way forward for them is to get to a 45-50 win team and then try to jump on a star-player trade, even if its a short-term thing.

I'm kind of wondering if the Celtics-Raptors series should've been seen as kind of a red flag for them. The Celtics were supposed to have every advantage in that series — better players including a true star, a tremendous matchup advantage, a coach who was theoretically quite good — and they were one Pascal Siakam dribbling off his foot turnover from being eliminated. We all joke Stevens being overrated, but there's no way that Nurse was so much better than him so as to cover the advantage that Tatum and matchups supposedly offered.

So, like, the fact that the series was so close maybe could've suggested that the Celtics were further away than they appeared to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Well that's miserable. How long does it take players to regain their form after this kind of injury? Because 5 months to play already has him returning about a month into the next season.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

I Before E posted:

I wish Philly the best of luck finding either a coach who will tell Ben straight up that he's not a point guard or a team that will give you something decent for him.

He's going to Toronto in a sign and trade for Kyle Lowry.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Congratulations to the Indiana Pacers on their shiny new coach:

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1408080007268900866?s=20

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Becoming one of those guys who was convinced that Wade was better than Lebron.