Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I'm gonna get a sunburn, anyone else wanna gonna join burnt club this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Did you guys figure out how to minmax the vax yet? I thought somewhere on the forums I saw someone saying the policy on 2nd vax timing was changed, so should I be cancelling the appointment I have and rebooking to get an earlier one?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

feedmegin posted:

I mean, if you think there's a US officer on every one of our nuclear subs who needs to give the ok for us to launch, I think you're going to need to provide a cite for that. As for not being able to target the US, well, we did nearly accidentally bomb the place already - and given we were aiming for a missile range in the US there, I doubt there's some kind of absolute lockout. Maybe a Clippy-style 'It looks like you're trying to obliterate the capital of the United States, are you sure about this Y/N' thing?

they can be launched, but their targetting data has to be precomputed, so some company in the US has to do that for us if we want to fire it somewhere different to the current set of targets that can be used.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

NotJustANumber99 posted:

google wont let me watch this without my credit card as proof of age?!?

It's clearly some kind of scam, I hit the (...) button then went report, Fraud or Scam and hopefully google will investigate and delete it.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Jippa posted:

Random request. My dad asked me how he could listen to his bbc jazz radio shows away from his computer. I told him to buy a cheap mp3 player (because I thought you could just download the mp3's as podcasts). It seems for some stuff you can't (you need the app on a smart phone.

Is there a less legit way of ripping the stream from the bbc site to an mp3 that I could email him each week? I feel guilty now because he bought the mp3 player.

there's a thing called get_iplayer https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

feedmegin posted:

I uh did you read the last page of the thread? A github link is possibly not useful to some random dad.

the guy said he was willing to email mp3s to his dad.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
heck, if the uk goon is a linux nerd he can probably use cron jobs and bash scripts to grab an mp3 and send it automatically to his dads mp3 player or something,

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
A few pages ago someone mentioned hearing music and seeing pictures, together on their TV, you might enjoy this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatsi_trilogy if you haven't already tried it.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I'm writing a polite but strong letter to kasper schmeichel to let him know the football is coming home after all. I do want him to know that it's a serious matter, but I don't want to seem threatening or angry, so I'm considering composing it with my green crayons and clippings from heat magazine.
I hope everyone in the thread will join me in sending letters to kasper who, god willing, will become a friendly ghost.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Dominic Cummings

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Personally I hope England are banned from footballing for the next ten years.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Tony benn came from some lord or whatever and was probably wealthy, his kids being poo poo is pretty much regression to the mean.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

crispix posted:

i have an auntie who has frozen chocolate bars in her freezer that have been there since the 1990s because she wanted to prove points about product shrinkage

i fancy they might be my legal inheritance from her

My product would have shrunk too if you left it in the freezer since the 90s.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Tell us how to do the 5 star clean camrath, tell us how to clean a kitchen.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I think I do most of my farting in my sleep, it's only occasionally loud enough to wake me

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Hello please show us more Rosie 🐶🐕😃 🐶🐕

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
When will we be able to go on holibobs to Spain and so on? Summer 2022?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
My favourite journalism was whoever found out you could use bread to construct your own sandwiches.