Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Feels like US are starting to take over

Cue up some awful defending error and a goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
So how dumb/wrong are the FIFA world rankings? Bc I don’t feel incredible shame in losing to an 11th ranked Mexico…

But that goal certainly helps, let’s loving go GIO

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
It’s a good day for some CONCACAF football

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I’m gonna stylize it as DK, that’s a nice header

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Man the US are gonna find a way to miss the World Cup again aren’t they

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
The lack of VAR is really a joke.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Dest wasn’t offside. That could’ve been a disastrous callback

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Ref is wildly in over his head

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Wait, I saw Navas in first half. Did he get injured?

Edit 1 ah yeah like two posts up? poo poo luck for CR

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Wait do y'all maple leafers even care about soccer? What the gently caress my mind is blown

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
God I love Christian Pulisic

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

P sure it was an ankle injury picked up from the last round of CONCACAF tomfoolery

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Has the inter-confederation playoff been set yet? Everything I'm seeing is the draw hasn't happened yet... so it's not guaranteed vs the OFC candidate. Could be any of the teams below

Fourth place CONCACAF
OFC winner
CONMEBOL 5th place
AFC playoff winner

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
CONCACAF confirmed international playoff qualifier vs OFC, meaning like... New Zealand, Fiji, Tahiti. The "easy" road

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Another Bill posted:

Qatar is a bullshit World Cup anyways. Not a soccer nation, stadiums built by slaves.... the whole.thing is illegitimate.

You're so brave

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I feel like it should be US' gimmick to play wherever in the country is the least hospitable for any given window

deep winter? Minnesota
mid summer? Death Valley
completely normal day any other time of the year? Philly

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

shirts and skins posted:

Costa Rica would have to beat the US by over six goals and the US would have to lose a playoff to either New Zealand or the Solomon Islands.

Nuclear test site countries should be banned from international competition, genetic freaks are unfair. Wait, wrong Islands

There's also the scenario where El Salvador scrap a win in Mexico & US lose by 4, sending Mexico to that game, if I understand the GD correctly

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
So we get new FIFA rankings on Thursday? Can't wait to see what back asswards things we get as a result of this latest qualifying round, especially with the group draw coming 24h later. Would it be possible for CAN/USA/MEX to all get tossed in pot 2? Top 20 or so rankings?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Canada will surely get a bounce up from 33 if USA/MEX are ahead of them. I wouldn't be surprised if all three end up in the sweet 16 area.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Doesn't what you quoted dispute that? It's not top 8 & the next 24, it's

Pot 1: Host & top 7 qualified countries (RIP Italy, again)
Pot 2: next top 8 qualified countries
Pot 3: next top 8 qualified countries
Pot 4: lowest 5 qualified countries, two confederation playoff squads (I bet Peru & Costa Rica), then whatever happens with Ukraine's games in the coming window.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Well, pop that hope with a needle, Portugal surely on their way now.

Also noted that Ghana qualified for the WC today. Always get the boogeyman feeling when they're in the tourney.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'd prefer to get Ghana in the knockout rounds, just makes it spicier. Would love to get that revenge through to the QF

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
God has abandoned us, noone's weeping about it

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Mr. Mambold posted:

Croatia (Modric) are old. Canada's got a good chance in this group.

Kovacic will take over for Luka, but yeah... not the same Croatia

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Y’all temperate zone havers are spoiled. We’ve gone from 15F to 70F and back within two weeks or so around here. Mid70s for games will be great for these guys, it’s the super compact fixture schedule that will lead to issues

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yeah. I think last Sat we had a nice coating of snow, under an inch, and this week two 60+ days with thunderstorms. Old men discussing weather. Wish the World Cup was in two months and not 8

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

t a s t e posted:

These chants need some polish

They’re not in the World Cup, sorry

Also we have four years to figure out good home field chants

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Am I missing a joke here because Poland definitely qualified

I completely forgot they actually won that game vs Sweden, so no no joke just a really dumb poster

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Edward Mass posted:

Well, guess where the World Cup is being played?

Austin TX was 20-25 degrees warmer on Friday night than Qatar will be in Nov/Dec

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

stab posted:

Way2go buddy, disrespecting the greatest female footballer of all time

Not even top 5 tbh

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm American centric as hell so any of the top tier Americans with like, Marta & that nutty Chinese forward sprinkled in. Google is telling me Sun Wen.

Hamm, Akers, Wambach, Lavelle, Foudy, Scurry, A++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I know you guys don't have much to hang your hat on vis a vis footy so I guess you can have this one. She's top 5, sure