Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Problem description: After upgrading my desktop and mounting it i noticed what seems like grounding issues because already on two occasions my speakers went loud with static noise and stopped once i heard a loud click noise that seemed like something turning off
everything seemed normal though no fans stopping, desktop is doing whatever it was doing so im not sure where the noise came from

Attempted fixes: I've tried rearrangering the wiring in hopes that fixes it, but it seems a sporadic thing so I cant immediatly tell if it fixed or not
Recent changes: kept my old case, corsair carbide air 240, my gpu and psu but everything else is new
--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home

System specs: mogo: MSI B550-A PRO
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core (3.7GHz-4.6GHz) 35MB AM4
RAM: G.Skill Kit 2 X 8GB DDR4 3600MHz Sniper X Digital CL19
PSU: Seasonic-S12III-SSR-550
GPU: gtx 970

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

To narrow the issue down more you could try different speakers and/or headphones and see if the issue continues.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Zogo posted:

To narrow the issue down more you could try different speakers and/or headphones and see if the issue continues.

i eventually worked around this by repluging every single cable again and something on that process seems to have fixed it