Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A Fancy Hat posted:

I saw about 15 minutes of this on TV and it's absolutely one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Billy Zane was in this playing himself? What the gently caress.

Bruce AND Michael Buffer also playing themselves? Is this a Robot Chicken movie or something?

Hey it's a joke because it's the thing you know. Please laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
as good as step brothers is, frankly "walk hard" is a better put-together film than anything with farrell as lead. i'd even go so far as to call him the lesser of the two performers.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Tip posted:

after it came out Dan Harmon talked about it on his podcast and said that the first ten minutes were maybe the best first ten minutes of any comedy ever, and that it was worth the price of admission for just that but then you should turn it off

this convinced me to give it a try and I don't remember anything except thinking that Harmon really oversold the first ten minutes

I just watched the bit where Holmes is a little kid on YouTube. Is that the part that should be amazing?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Dr_Amazing posted:

I just watched the bit where Holmes is a little kid on YouTube. Is that the part that should be amazing?

like I said, I don't remember anything except being underwhelmed

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Not as good as that one movie about young Sherlock Holmes solving the mystery of poison dart druids living in his basement

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I saw this movie Christmas Day as is the tradition of my people. My dad and I had the choice between that and the one where Steve Carrell is a sad man who plays with toys I think.

I laughed when John C Rielly gets drunk and wants to send a dick pick so he goes to Zach Galafanakis who's the telegram guy and shows him his penis and then Zach makes a silly face and hits the morse code button to I guess send a description of his penis to whoever?

Oh does it count as a joke if Hugh Laurie plays Mycroft? Cause I smiled then. Cause hey! Hugh Laurie!

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 4, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This movie was concentrated rear end

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

as good as step brothers is, frankly "walk hard" is a better put-together film than anything with farrell as lead. i'd even go so far as to call him the lesser of the two performers.

Walk hard is amazing and everyone should rewatch it if it's been awhile.

DO IT NOW EVERYONE!!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Furiously hitting telegraph keys, "#8======{D"

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I laughed exactly once.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Get Hard is such a great Will Ferrell movie because Kevin Hart is fuckin’ hilarious and makes Ferrell’s part that much better. They are a great pairing.

You should watch that, OP instead of Holmes and Watson.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Showed my wife the poster and asked her about the movie. She hadn't heard of it either and thought I was gaslighting her until I showed her the IMDb page.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Saalkin posted:

Walk hard is amazing and everyone should rewatch it if it's been awhile.

DO IT NOW EVERYONE!!

I was working at Hastings when this came out on video so I got to hear the trailer all the time and I could tell it was one of those special movies.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

John C Reilly is super talented and I agree with you and I haven't even seen Walk Hard

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Another Bill posted:

John C Reilly is super talented and I agree with you and I haven't even seen Walk Hard

You should it's an enjoyable movie.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I "get hard" just thinking about it

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Tip posted:

after it came out Dan Harmon talked about it on his podcast and said that the first ten minutes were maybe the best first ten minutes of any comedy ever, and that it was worth the price of admission for just that but then you should turn it off

this convinced me to give it a try and I don't remember anything except thinking that Harmon really oversold the first ten minutes

The best first ten minutes of a comedy is Something About Mary easily.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Walk hard

*whispers* haahrd

That's my creed

That's my code

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Hot Rod is pretty funny.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i'd even go so far as to call him the lesser of the two performers.

because he is... JCR is a talented as hell dramatic actor too

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like Lauren Lapkus a lot, she's usually very funny.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I saw it in theaters. The first five minutes or so are pretty good. Not great, but promising. Then the rest of the movie is just there. It's not something I'd want to see again, but I was a little surprised it was on so many worst of the year lists.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I saw it in theaters and I got a few laughs buy ultimately it wasn't worth the money

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

Who What Now posted:

I saw it in theaters and I got a few laughs buy ultimately it wasn't worth the money

Pretty much my experience, I can't remember anything about the movie now but I think I laughed a few times. But I thought A Million Ways to Die in the West was hilarious, so I probably have no taste.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

op thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard have u even tried to watch this movie

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Will ferrell is at his best as a straight man but basically never plays a straight man so unless he's doing so, which this does not remotely look like it is, i very much doubt it op

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Jcr's best role was in the Tim and Eric movie as Taquito

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Why the hell does a Tim and Eric movie exist

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Why the hell does a Tim and Eric movie exist

What the gently caress is a big beef city?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I really liked JCR's song in Chicago.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Who What Now posted:

I really liked JCR's song in Chicago.

It was indeed really loving good.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

AHH F/UGH posted:

This is the only thing that Will Ferrell has done that was good:

<empty>

FTFY

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Waterbed Wendy posted:

What the gently caress is a big beef city?

?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Stranger Than Fiction was excellent, what the gently caress.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Can I get the chili dog? Feel like sucking on something out by the tastee freeze rn

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Holmes & Watson is almost as bad as a million ways to die in the west.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Watched it, had some laughs, wasn't the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I've never seen it and I probably never will but I'm going to say no, it sucked.