Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Bucks vs Death Duo 48 59.26%
Cage and Boy vs Private Party 12 14.81%
Velvet vs Bunny 8 9.88%
Mr. Freakbeast vs The Natural in a Bullrope Match 13 16.05%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

a cyborg mug posted:

Is Dynamite gonna be good this week. Gimme the scoop

Well, it technically looks good and it's taped so there might be fewer camera and audio snafus. Agreed that the past two weeks have been kind of lackluster, and I still don't know if it's down to the shows not being as enjoyable or watching wrestling later on a Friday evening (in the states) kills my enjoyment. That mid-week kick really does it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Aubrey said on Sammy's blog that "I did the coolest thing I've ever done ... you'll have to watch dynamite" so I have adjusted my excitement appropriately.

blunt fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 11, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

she's gonna do the ping pong trick

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Grem posted:

I don't want to see Stu do the Knightfall to anyone because one day that move is going to obliterate his tibia.

He explained the science behind the move and why it won't on an Unrestricted. It's pretty fascinating.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

blunt posted:

Aubrey said on Sammy's blog that "I did the coolest thing I've ever done ... you'll have to watch dynamite" so I have adjustment my excitement appropriately.
I hope she superkicks a Young Buck

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

He explained the science behind the move and why it won't on an Unrestricted. It's pretty fascinating.

really? neat

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

punchdaily posted:

I think a lot about how, for 19 years, no one was willing to put their money on Kingston, and the second someone did he immediately became a headliner. To the point that it would probably be a good move to have him take the belt off of Omega.

If Eddie hasn't won it by the time MJF wins it, I kinda want Eddie to be the guy who beats him. Working class irish/nuyorican vs psychotic rich guy? C'mon.

Jungle Boy can wait until after Eddie drops it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've said it before, MJF vs. Eddie would be an incredible feud, especially if the match happens in a New York venue.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

Road To video putting over basically everyone involved, you love to see it. Cannot be understated how big of a get it was to sign Eddie, jesus. Glad to see Death Triangle constantly being put in the main events but I need one of those guys to win a belt soon, they are way too loving good to keep spinning wheels.

Not to be combative but I hate this mentality. Just because you don't have a belt doesn't mean you're spinning wheels. As long as you are in good storylines and feuds and have good bits it's worth the tv time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I want Eddie to be happy and well paid for his time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
When Eddie wins Big Plat (which he definitely will) it needs to be from MJF. He'll get a god pop no matter who he beats but he'll get a GOD pop if it's MJF

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shard posted:

Not to be combative but I hate this mentality. Just because you don't have a belt doesn't mean you're spinning wheels. As long as you are in good storylines and feuds and have good bits it's worth the tv time.

I hear you, but I think it's reasonable to want them to win a title shot eventually.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sammy should make Eddie wear the panda

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I hear you, but I think it's reasonable to want them to win a title shot eventually.

In any other company at any other time I'd be with you. And I am with you I love those guys - followed them since LU. But I can't make that blanket statement in AEW because there are so many strong acts. And AEW keeps making new stars. And I also don't like the idea of it's someone's turn.

With that said I think Hangman, MJF, Eddie and Jungle Boy are all obvious future champs due to how strong and consistently they've been pushed. I'm more curious on who will be the first two time champ. I'd say Mox.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rarity posted:

When Eddie wins Big Plat (which he definitely will) it needs to be from MJF. He'll get a god pop no matter who he beats but he'll get a GOD pop if it's MJF
Tony Khan, you coward, it better be in the Hammerstein Ballroom, the extra heat on MJF from being from Long Island would be nuclear.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Odds are better than even that Death Triangle are the first Trios champs

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

graph posted:

really? neat

It's really straightforward and also requires incredible precision: as long as his knee and ankle are aligned basically perfectly, so he's forming a essentially a 90 degree angle with his knee, the impact is transferred right into the ground through the tibia, which is incredibly strong. As long as his ankle and knee are stacked, it's incredibly safe.

I don't know how much leeway a move like that has but if his alignment is ever too far off and/or his opponent is just a little heavier than the angle supports bad poo poo is going to happen to his joints. It helps that he's been doing martial arts for most of his life so his proprioception is strong enough to give him that sense of his structure and that confidence in his skill because the failure state is horrifying.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

rantmo posted:

It's really straightforward and also requires incredible precision: as long as his knee and ankle are aligned basically perfectly, so he's forming a essentially a 90 degree angle with his knee, the impact is transferred right into the ground through the tibia, which is incredibly strong. As long as his ankle and knee are stacked, it's incredibly safe.

I don't know how much leeway a move like that has but if his alignment is ever too far off and/or his opponent is just a little heavier than the angle supports bad poo poo is going to happen to his joints. It helps that he's been doing martial arts for most of his life so his proprioception is strong enough to give him that sense of his structure and that confidence in his skill because the failure state is horrifying.

So basically what you're saying is that Stu can do it safely because he's really really really really loving good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Fundamentally, I just want Uno to have a good showing. I want him to be in the ring with Miro and look like he belongs there. I want a couple of near falls that I trick myself into believing are more than near falls. I want a moment where Miro realises he has to take him seriously.

I know he's going to lose, but he can win while losing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Abadon should be champ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Fundamentally, I just want Uno to have a good showing. I want him to be in the ring with Miro and look like he belongs there. I want a couple of near falls that I trick myself into believing are more than near falls. I want a moment where Miro realises he has to take him seriously.

Uno's body shape and doofy middle manager persona make it easy to forget he's pretty darn good at this wrestling thing. He'll be fine :)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

blunt posted:

Aubrey said on Sammy's blog that "I did the coolest thing I've ever done ... you'll have to watch dynamite" so I have adjusted my excitement appropriately.

Aubrey stands around and puts on a pair of sunglasses.

"'Sup?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

coconono posted:

Abadon should be champ

I can't wait to see how live audiences react to her.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

coconono posted:

Abadon should be champ CHOMP ... CHOMP ... CHOMP

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

blunt posted:

She's going to peel off her skin, revealing her true form, and sound the trumpet that marks the end of the world.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobiWann posted:

I can't wait to see how live audiences react to her.

I imagine crowds will turn her face pretty dang fast

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

me in teh stands holding my BITE MY FACE ABADON sign

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

She's going to scare the absolute poo poo out of kids in the front row. It's gonna be great.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lamuella posted:

So basically what you're saying is that Stu can do it safely because he's really really really really loving good.

Yup and good in a way that puts him just a touch above even a lot of other wrestlers. Think of how many wrestlers do standard backbreakers but let their opponent sort of slide off or don't really post and set on their leg like Stu does. I'm not even trying to shade or shame them, Stu is genuinely something special.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Lamuella posted:

I want Uno to be embarrased in 20 seconds.

That'll show the fans for cheering for the wrong person.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jonny Nox posted:

that's good poo poo, pal

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Got tix for my son and I for the Charlotte show and we’re both very excited.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jonny Nox posted:

He's going to embarrass himself by pissing his pants as soon as the bell rings, then Miro will slip on the piss trying to attack him and Uno will pin him for the belt.

Edit: sorry, thought this was my WWE Writing Ideas journal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope at some point in Miro's title run he gets some obnoxious shitheels like Ethan Page or Matt Hardy so we can cheer for glorious murder :unsmith:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I am really worried about Uno and Miro's match popping too many ovaries. Thank goodness it's not in front of a crowd.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Vince MechMahon posted:

She's going to peel off her skin, revealing her true form, and sound the trumpet that marks the end of the world.

It's taped tonight so she's probably saving that for next week

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

Really hope WWE doesn't try to get him back because Tommy End would absolutely 100% take their deal and return. From his twitch streams it seems he'd still want to work there and he needs to be protected for his own good lol
I think he was being super diplomatic but on Renee's podcast he started talking about how frustrated he was with things, casting a little doubt on Vince's responses and he hinted he believed there was a specific reason he was cut but did not feel like it should be discussed yet.

I don't think he'll be tricked with just words but if they offer him more money or to sign his wife as well I think he's going back. I could definitely see him popping up at All Out though, like, the timing is good and you know TK knows exactly how to talk to wrestlers about their ideas. The stuff Tall Paul and Hobbs said recently definitely seems like if TK gets his voice in Tommy End's ear he's going to AEW.

Rarity posted:

I hope at some point in Miro's title run he gets some obnoxious shitheels like Ethan Page or Matt Hardy so we can cheer for glorious murder :unsmith:
Yeah I'm legitimately sad they didn't pivot to like, Ethan Page being "Miro should thank me" for the win over Darby and Miro beats his face in for daring to steal his thunder.

And then he forgives him. And then he forgives Scorpio Sky. But I guess TK really like Ethan vs Darby.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I won't be able to watch the episode live tonight, I'm going to be at an indy show.

First live wrestling show since last March, it's going to be interesting.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Going to see Stat at AAW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

BDawg posted:

Got tix for my son and I for the Charlotte show and we’re both very excited.

Cool! I wanted to grab some today but I'll be damned if I'm paying Ticketmaster's fees. Hopefully there'll be some left when the box office next opens a week from now.