Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021
The Deadly Tower of Monsters is a love letter to the 60s and 70s era of sci-fi B movies and It’s criminally underrated. The fearless Dick Starspeed crash lands his ship on an alien planet and all hell breaks lose, with giant ants, hyper intelligent apes, flying saucers and dinosaurs. Shits bananas.

Why did I pick this game to let’s play?
I adore it but also because looking on the master list it seems no one on here has done an LP of it? If that’s really the case I can’t let that be.

Why should I watch YOU play this game?
Idk.

Anyways, the game is really good and funny, I’m sometimes funny with some good rants and here’s my LP of The Deadly Tower of Monsters!....directed by Dan Smith

Episode 1, the crash and the plot.
Episode 2, dick malfunction.
Episode 3, new turtlebeach headset but still sounds bad.
Episode 4, sea monster and opinions.
Episode 5, podcast edition.
Episode 6, MECHAMELEON.
Episode 7, this tower of crazy tall.
Episode 8, giant octopus and poo poo.
Episode 9, fourth wall breaking finale.

HappyCreatedInc fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Your voice is awfully muffled. Is that intentional, or...?

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021

inscrutable horse posted:

No, I kind of fix it on part two but not much. My mic sucks, I’m getting a new one ASAP.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
thank you for reminding me this game exists. one of the great surprise gems that was given out on PS+

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021

morallyobjected posted:

thank you for reminding me this game exists. one of the great surprise gems that was given out on PS+

Oh I didn’t know it was a free ps+ game, that’s awesome that more people got to play it that way!

Also, here’s episode 3, where I get a new mic but it still sounds kinda bad.

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021
And here’s episode 4. I ramble a lot and talk about rouge likes and Elden Ring.

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021
Episode 5 is uploaded. I talk about Demons Souls sound design and Elden Ring a little, among other things.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

inscrutable horse posted:

I assumed it was part of the bit.

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021

The Lone Badger posted:

I assumed it was part of the bit.

Oh, yeah, I was just doing a bit that’s all.

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021
Heres episode 6.

I can’t remember what I talked about in this video or what really happens besides fighting the mechameleon.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
My rules with game purchases are:

1) Look up the game first on GameFAQs or Steam to get an impression of what I'm in for
2) Don't look at anything under $10 (base price before sales) on the eShop or Steam. Exceptions for older games and anything that checks out after rule 1

That has not steered me wrong for the past 10 years or so.

The Switch has been mostly ports in my opinion. There are a good selection of original tittles, but the vast majority of eShop stuff has been ports. This is great for me since I want to take my big PC and console games onto my portable switch but the downside is the hardware limitations. The other thing I've found is a lot of cheap shovelware.

Another one you might want to look into is Dead Cells. It's a 2D rogue-like platformer. It's not a stick-shooter though. Also Enter the Gungeon (though I haven't played it myself).

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021

mastersord posted:

My rules with game purchases are:

1) Look up the game first on GameFAQs or Steam to get an impression of what I'm in for
2) Don't look at anything under $10 (base price before sales) on the eShop or Steam. Exceptions for older games and anything that checks out after rule 1

That has not steered me wrong for the past 10 years or so.

The Switch has been mostly ports in my opinion. There are a good selection of original tittles, but the vast majority of eShop stuff has been ports. This is great for me since I want to take my big PC and console games onto my portable switch but the downside is the hardware limitations. The other thing I've found is a lot of cheap shovelware.

Another one you might want to look into is Dead Cells. It's a 2D rogue-like platformer. It's not a stick-shooter though. Also Enter the Gungeon (though I haven't played it myself).

Those are some good rules to live by. I’ve definitely noticed a lot of shovelware. Normally I do look up reviews and things before hand. I assume you’re talking about me bringing up buying Space Pioneer and being mad? If that’s the case, I bought it on a whim before I left the house so I didn’t get a chance to look anything up on it, I took a gamble and lost. Lol

I’ve heard good things about both of those games but I haven’t played either yet. Sony gave away Enter the Gungeon not too long ago for free so I own it, been meaning to get around to playing it.

But on the topic of Space Pioneer and shovelware, most of the time if I buy a shovelware I know before hand so it’s fun to play, like to see just how bad it is. I have this game on PS4 I did some videos on called Spear of Destiny that’s the definition of a shovelware and i had fun looking at it but this loving Space Pioneer wasn’t that bad. It was made better but that’s what made it worse imo, if that makes sense.

Spear of Destiny was just so drat awful in everything that it was fun to play to see just how bad it can be and marvel at the awfulness but Space Pioneer was just the right amount of bad where it’s only just bad, ya know?

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021
New episode

Feat. Dr Fly guy, electric monkeys and running along Saturn’s ring because that’s probably something you can totally do.

HappyCreatedInc fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 25, 2021

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021
New episode is up.

I had some technical difficulties in this episode, shocker. And by technical difficulties I mean I recorded for like 25 minutes before realizing my mic was muted, so I cut it down and put post commentary over it. First time really doing that and it was kinda fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021
The epic finale.

This series kinda bombed but I had fun, hopefully it was fun to watch too. The next LP I wanna do is a game called deja vu on NES, a detective/noir point and click adventure game but we’ll see.