Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

I'm really glad a bunch of you liked my photo from last month's contest:

This month's theme is something you can find yourself surrounded by wherever you go: history. I hope you'll be inspired to interpret this theme in many directions, from photos of old junk to depictions of time passing by. Personally, I'll aim to walk into the woods, never to be seen again and search for some interesting scenery.

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. You can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins! Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favourites!
4. Contest will be open until [at least] the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. GMT after which voting will begin
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use good judgment/good taste if venturing into NSFW or potentially offensive territory. PM me or a mod if you have questions.
7. When voting, please use the spoiler tag.
8. In the event of a tie the OP of the thread selects the winner.
I or the mods reserve the right to amend the rules if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Thinkin about a dirty car as a poorly scraped palimpsest. Filth archaeology. Reading the history of the most unoriginal people in the world,

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

exactly, filth markings as cave paintings

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

This poo poo is like historical af, there was even a information board

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Kangra fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 28, 2021

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 21, 2021

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

To help understand the context: this was taken on Juneteenth. Juneteenth is a Black American holiday that celebrates the Emancipation of black people from slavery. On that day I encountered this young lady taking portraits of people to celebrate the holiday. The flag in the background is the Pan-African flag. Basically, our colors. My intent was to show modern black people celebrating our freedom while embracing the historicity of the day that marked the occasion. I'm not sure if I succeeded but I wanted to enter it into the contest anyways given the theme felt topical and related to the subject matter of the photo.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 26, 2021

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
lucky to live in a place with a lot of old things, luckier to find a kitten near one of them

baw fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 29, 2021

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I regret not bringing a telephoto on my trip to Rainier as it would have allowed me to capture the layer of dust from the Mt. Saint Helens eruption that was deposited in the layers of ice.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

I unfortunately didn't get to take any photos to submit this month. Shame on me.

Is it fair to say that entries are open until end of today (2nd of July), in any timezone?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Mr. Sickos posted:

I unfortunately didn't get to take any photos to submit this month. Shame on me.

Is it fair to say that entries are open until end of today (2nd of July), in any timezone?

Subssions are open until the OP says otherwise.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

theHUNGERian posted:

Mr. Sickos is the OP

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Precisely.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

can't wait any longer. voting kaewan

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

theHUNGERian posted:

yeah, I was just afraid it was too short notice to close submissions the same evening. Let's vote

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
tompepper

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Sorry, I was phone posting.

eggsovereasy

Kangra
May 7, 2012

tompepper............