Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
There are often event keywords you can type in chat for free goodies. Bumped keeps an up-to-date list here (along with their expirations). In the early game, cosmetics feel like a slow drip, but if you pop in to do free scratches, fill out the mission pass, and get daily login bonuses, you're going to have more than enough SG to get the rentals and mission pass unlock. You'll accumulate mission badges, too, which can be exchanged for the Special Scratch tickets. I'm sitting on 70+ tickets and hundreds of unexchanged mission badges waiting for the Oct 12 maintenance where new stuff is added to that ticket before redeeming.

Right now, some of the classic concerts are being played occasionally in base PSO2. If you go to a ryuker device and transfer to a PSO2 block, many of the concerts will let you go to the title counter to redeem emotes after you've seen them. Unlike most cosmetics, emotes are account bound on first use.

Autosell being premium only would frustrate me more if, like ACES said, we kept getting tons of trash weapon drops in the newest area. Assuming you have material storage, the only real things that fill up your inventory in Kvaris are grinding materials like silver/gold primm swords and armor. Even with no paid inventory expansion (NGS has 100 slots, but base PSO2 only had 50), you're still only sending crap to storage once every like dozen PSE bursts and, well, who sticks around that long? Even I tap out after 5 or 6. The Aielo and Retem regions, on the other hand, require me to select 70 pieces of trash to exchange for ~2k meseta nearly every burst.

I've spent $90 on this game total, but I justified that by not actually having spent any money on Phantasy Star Online since the GameCube version launched. When global launched, I got both the sonic and ragol fashion packs. The ragol fashion pack was $30 of that and came with 10 ragol memory items to exchange for classic cosmetics, music, or mag forms. They've given out 28 ragol memory via keywords, for free, in the past 2 months. The sonic pack came with some inventory (5x10-slot) and character storage (5x50-slot) tickets, which wound up being the best part of the pack. PSO2 NGS has 100 slots as default inventory size now. I don't have 150 slots or anything like that, which is kind of lovely, but whatever. So, really, I spent $90 on like 12 scratch tickets that I immediately blew through, 250 character storage slots, and, some sonic cosmetics that I have never considered using.

I knew premium was required for player shops, but I didn't realize I would eventually be sitting on a fat stack of free 3-day shop passes. It's easy enough to throw valuable things in storage and then use the occasional pass to pop everything wortwhile onto the store. I knew changing outfit colors or using the salon to change my character from fat crab man to glowy helicopter robot would cost money, but they didn't because sega doles out salon and color change passes like they're going out of style. I have probably 120 storage slots being taken up by weapon camos for classes I probably won't ever use.

After all this playtime, I finally had to go back and get rid of all the base PSO2 items I'd saved up (so many 6-8 augment weapons and units I wanted to sell :negative: ) for inventory management this past week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bloodplay it again posted:

There are often event keywords you can type in chat for free goodies. Bumped keeps an up-to-date list here (along with their expirations). In the early game, cosmetics feel like a slow drip, but if you pop in to do free scratches, fill out the mission pass, and get daily login bonuses, you're going to have more than enough SG to get the rentals and mission pass unlock. You'll accumulate mission badges, too, which can be exchanged for the Special Scratch tickets. I'm sitting on 70+ tickets and hundreds of unexchanged mission badges waiting for the Oct 12 maintenance where new stuff is added to that ticket before redeeming.

Right now, some of the classic concerts are being played occasionally in base PSO2. If you go to a ryuker device and transfer to a PSO2 block, many of the concerts will let you go to the title counter to redeem emotes after you've seen them. Unlike most cosmetics, emotes are account bound on first use.

Autosell being premium only would frustrate me more if, like ACES said, we kept getting tons of trash weapon drops in the newest area. Assuming you have material storage, the only real things that fill up your inventory in Kvaris are grinding materials like silver/gold primm swords and armor. Even with no paid inventory expansion (NGS has 100 slots, but base PSO2 only had 50), you're still only sending crap to storage once every like dozen PSE bursts and, well, who sticks around that long? Even I tap out after 5 or 6. The Aielo and Retem regions, on the other hand, require me to select 70 pieces of trash to exchange for ~2k meseta nearly every burst.

I've spent $90 on this game total, but I justified that by not actually having spent any money on Phantasy Star Online since the GameCube version launched. When global launched, I got both the sonic and ragol fashion packs. The ragol fashion pack was $30 of that and came with 10 ragol memory items to exchange for classic cosmetics, music, or mag forms. They've given out 28 ragol memory via keywords, for free, in the past 2 months. The sonic pack came with some inventory (5x10-slot) and character storage (5x50-slot) tickets, which wound up being the best part of the pack. PSO2 NGS has 100 slots as default inventory size now. I don't have 150 slots or anything like that, which is kind of lovely, but whatever. So, really, I spent $90 on like 12 scratch tickets that I immediately blew through, 250 character storage slots, and, some sonic cosmetics that I have never considered using.

I knew premium was required for player shops, but I didn't realize I would eventually be sitting on a fat stack of free 3-day shop passes. It's easy enough to throw valuable things in storage and then use the occasional pass to pop everything wortwhile onto the store. I knew changing outfit colors or using the salon to change my character from fat crab man to glowy helicopter robot would cost money, but they didn't because sega doles out salon and color change passes like they're going out of style. I have probably 120 storage slots being taken up by weapon camos for classes I probably won't ever use.

After all this playtime, I finally had to go back and get rid of all the base PSO2 items I'd saved up (so many 6-8 augment weapons and units I wanted to sell :negative: ) for inventory management this past week.

Quoting that so I can find it easy later on. And I'll definitely want that info because I don't know how else to get scratch tickets aside from the mission pass and some type of quest. Either the limited or seasonal ones.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't get why items are separated by race or being robot parts when they're basic free scratch stuff.

Is there a way to check everything you have short of making one of each character that can access the salon?

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I don't get why items are separated by race or being robot parts when they're basic free scratch stuff.

Is there a way to check everything you have short of making one of each character that can access the salon?

Iirc, it used to matter in the old game but now any character can use any cosmetic regardless of race or gender. I might be totally misremembering that though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That's correct

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I still wish there weren't body paint restrictions. Base/inner/outerwear, fine, there's some model stuff to take into account there, but there's no real reason why a pair of leggings or whatnot should be T2 locked.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Plasbad posted:

Iirc, it used to matter in the old game but now any character can use any cosmetic regardless of race or gender. I might be totally misremembering that though.

Since I like the one full body combat suit, I must just not be getting the other stuff. Is there a way to check everything you won on the lottery? I just tend to do my daily one and move on so I don't get tempted to use my Star Gems too early.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Since I like the one full body combat suit, I must just not be getting the other stuff. Is there a way to check everything you won on the lottery? I just tend to do my daily one and move on so I don't get tempted to use my Star Gems too early.

Not exactly but you can browse the list for a given scratch and take not of what is bound/not bound

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So what’s the best way to get meseta that doesn’t involve spending AC? I need cosmetics to complete barnacle jim

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Dailies/Weeklies and picking up the money items from all 3 areas.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Delsaber posted:

Future NGS plot, according to me: Halpha is really one of the giant colony ships that escaped Palma during the events of Phantasy Star 2. Via some unknown emergency, everyone abandoned ship into escape pods, which got caught in decaying orbits for who knows how long and are now randomly falling back onboard. It's been hundreds of years so everyone's brains got fucky from cryo and no one remembers anything. Except Manon, who is actually Dark Force running around in a skin suit. The other Dark Force thing is a decoy, for reasons. When it's time for Sega to shut down the servers Manon/Dark Force will kill everyone onboard like it does with most of the other colony ships and it will crash on Motavia, the biggest planet in the skybox, where its ruins will eventually be explored by Chaz and his goofball friends because they gotta grind a bit before fighting Zio

I can't wait to learn that NGS is just Phantasy Star III-2 and that Halphia is just the drifting space biodomes again.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Rappies DID first appear in III...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

We're through the photon glass here people

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The problems I was having was that some items show up when you're trying to edit them from the Customize Looks equipment menu option and other clothes only become selectable from in the salon.

Is the level and rank of your weapons all that improves damage? I'm a cowardly Ranger that doesn't like getting into enemy range when I can avoid it. Aside from Blight Rounds, I'm not sure what else I could be doing.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Base stats of the weapon (more stars generally better), Enhancement level (may need to use an Arms Refiner to get unlock max level), Potential level on the weapons, Augments on weapons and armor and eat food for temp damage buff.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Is the level and rank of your weapons all that improves damage? I'm a cowardly Ranger that doesn't like getting into enemy range when I can avoid it. Aside from Blight Rounds, I'm not sure what else I could be doing.

Let's use Evoleclipse Rifle as an example.

Every weapon has a class and level requirement.

Evoleclipse Rifle
Eligible classes: Ranger and Gunner
LVL Req: 40
ATK: 346
No potentials
No pre-set skills
No augments (0 of 2 slots filled)

If you use the Item Enhancement vendor in a shopping area, you can chuck materials at the weapon to grind it. This means you need silver/gold primm swords (or some other, unused weapons), grinders (obtained from the green boxes scattered everywhere), and a bit of meseta. When grinding a piece of gear, you can select up to 5 pieces of fodder at a time. Each piece of fodder requires one grinder.

As you throw fodder and grinders at the weapon, its level will increase. Your weapon will gain more augment slots as it gains levels. When Evoleclipse Rifle gets to +30, it will gain a third augment slot. At +40, it will gain a fourth augment slot. At +50, it will have 5 total augment slots.

+ 0 - 346 ATK (2 total augment slots)
+ 40 - 431 ATK (4 total augment slots)
+ 50 - 471 ATK (5 total augment slots)

You will need to limit break the weapon to increase the cap from +40 to +50, which requires arms refiner. You can get these by trading +10 of each A/B/C Strugment materials and an ex-cube to the same vendor in the exchange shop.

Therefore, without the use of any augment capsules or other enhancement materials, we can get that one specific rifle from 346 up to 471 ATK. Assuming you've gotten it to +50, we're looking at:

Evoleclipse Rifle + 50
ATK: 471
No potentials
No pre-set skills
No augments (0 of 5 slots filled)

You know those items that have been popping up as you take out enemies, quickly filling up your inventory unless you have an active material storage rental? Those are augmentation capsules. Since our example rifle has 5 slots, let's see how we could enhance it some more. Let's pick out five capsules to use as augments.

Precision III - Ranged Weapon Potency +2%
Pettas Soul II - Ranged Weapon Potency +2%, PP + 5
Lab Note - Ranged Weapon Potency +1.5%
Triplble - Potency +2%
Ret Domina - Potency +2%, PP + 5, Damage Resistance -2%

One Precision III capsule will add +9% chance to the augment being successful. If you use ten of them, your chance for the augment to succeed would be +90%.
One Pettas Soul II capsule will add +8%. Ten will get you an 80% success rate.
One Lab Note capsule will add +9%. Ten will get you a 90% success rate.
One Tripleble capsule will add +9%. Ten will get you a 90% success rate.
One Ret Domina capsule will add +9%. Ten will get you a 90% success rate.

Therefore, if you have ten of each capsule, your augmentation success rate will be 90% for four of the five augments and 80% for the fifth, Pettas Soul II. You're probably safe to go ahead and augment, but there is a 1 in 5 chance that the Pettas Soul augmentation will fail and 1 in 10 that each of the other four will fail. It's here that you can use a support item, like "N-Augmentation Success Rate +10%." If you use that item while augmenting, four of the five augments now have a 100% success rate and Pettas Soul II is up to a 90% chance. Let's assume you successfully attach all five augments. Now we have:

Evoleclipse Rifle +50
No potentials
No pre-set skills
5/5 augments (granting +9.5% potency, +10 PP, and -2% damage resistance)

So even though the ATK hasn't changed in the item's description, your augments are now giving you +9.5% damage boost, an additional 10 to your max PP, and they cause you to take 2% more damage from enemies. There's still more we can do to this rifle, though!

Potentials are special skills applied to each weapon series. The Evoleclipse series potential is called "elusive unit." Potentials typically require ore like monotite, dualomite, trinite, photon chunks, photon quartz, etc. for grinding fodder. If you click Unlock Potential instead of Item Enhancement at the vendor, we can unlock Elusive Unit Lv. 1 with this rifle. It goes up to level 4, but there are diminishing returns. The potency increase from level 1 (+16%) to level 4 (+22%) may or may not be worth the usage of grinding materials, depending on how long you intend to use the weapon.

Lv. 1 : Potency +16%, Natural PP Recovery Speed +100% for 20 sec on successful Sidestep. 10 sec cooldown.

Evoleclipse Rifle +50
Elusive Unit Lvl 1 (granting +16% potency and 100% PP recovery speed for 20 sec after successful sidestep)
No pre-set skills

Finally, there are pre-set skills. These are attached to the weapon or unit as it drops from an enemy and goes into your inventory. You can transfer pre-set skills only between items with the same name. If you go on the market and find an Evoleclipse Rifle with a pre-set skill like Fixa Fatale lvl 2 attached, for example, you can transfer that pre-set skill from the market gun to your grinded out +50 rifle. That would leave us with the final product:

Evoleclipse Rifle +50
Elusive Unit Lvl 1 (+16% potency, 100% PP recovery speed for 20 sec after sidestep)
Fixa Fatale Lvl 2 (+8% critical hit rate)

+ 25.5% potency means your attack for that rifle is effectively ~591.105, assuming you have no other augments on your armor or class skills that modify those numbers. Quite a leap over the 346 we started with! You will take 2% more damage, but that's a pretty good trade off for +25.5% damage, more PP, and +8% to your crit rate.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 3, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Let's use Evoleclipse Rifle as an example.

[A long summary of item enhancing]

Wow, this is all very helpful info considering that the Retem quest I'm at now wants me at 1474 battle power! I totally haven't been trying to limit break the new weapons past 40 since I'm trying to actually make enough money to buy outfits and accessories off the shop and 1.5M isn't getting me far.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

That's fair, and you shouldn't really focus on getting a fully decked out weapon until you hit the level cap. I mainly typed it up to outline how many ways you can enhance just your weapon. Food effects, armor grinding/augments, region mag effects, class/subclass skills, and add-on skills can all affect your damage output. When you hit level 30 in any main class or do the cannonball quest in kvaris, you will get class ex-cubes. You can use them to generate add-on skills that apply to your character regardless of class and come along with permanent exp/meseta/rare drop rate increases.

As long as your armor and weapons are within 10 or 15 levels of your main class level and you've gotten them to +40 with some basic augments, you shouldn't have any trouble meeting BP requirements. Check the player market for dirt cheap (1,000 meseta) upgrades if you find you have outgrown your gear.

You should also exchange seasonal points for decent augments with the town NPC Xitre (grab lots of Precision III, for example) before the 11th when the event exchange ends. Double-check the keywords list linked earlier for a quick and easy 50 or 100SG and some ragol memory to exchange in base pso2 shopping area for cosmetics.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, the event shop stuff will absolutely set you up until you can get way more established. Esp if you can get all the tiers to swap out as you hit levels to equip the next set.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That's fair, and you shouldn't really focus on getting a fully decked out weapon until you hit the level cap. I mainly typed it up to outline how many ways you can enhance just your weapon. Food effects, armor grinding/augments, region mag effects, class/subclass skills, and add-on skills can all affect your damage output. When you hit level 30 in any main class or do the cannonball quest in kvaris, you will get class ex-cubes. You can use them to generate add-on skills that apply to your character regardless of class and come along with permanent exp/meseta/rare drop rate increases.

As long as your armor and weapons are within 10 or 15 levels of your main class level and you've gotten them to +40 with some basic augments, you shouldn't have any trouble meeting BP requirements. Check the player market for dirt cheap (1,000 meseta) upgrades if you find you have outgrown your gear.

You should also exchange seasonal points for decent augments with the town NPC Xitre (grab lots of Precision III, for example) before the 11th when the event exchange ends. Double-check the keywords list linked earlier for a quick and easy 50 or 100SG and some ragol memory to exchange in base pso2 shopping area for cosmetics.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah, the event shop stuff will absolutely set you up until you can get way more established. Esp if you can get all the tiers to swap out as you hit levels to equip the next set.

It's just a lot of stuff to collect and upgrade and I'm not sure where to start really. I'm at lvl 26 now in Ranger and using Evolcoat weapons. I bought all of the Codeck weapons from the seasonal shop so I'd be sure to have stronger weapons- The reason why I didn't get many new ones was my fault for not progressing the story to Retem where they give you better drops in the first place- and also armor. I don't know where I got a Ragol memory from but I was wondering what that thing was for.

Where do you get the ARKS Record Badges and PSO2 Manga Memories?

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 4, 2022

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
You have to go to base PSO2 to spend Ragol memories for PSO1 themed stuff. The memory vendor is on the upper right of the shopping district. I recommend picking up the Section ID stickers for the best combo of nostalgia + good use in NGS. Arks Record Badges you get from ranking during Arks Record Challenges, you can see those under the Personal tab. Manga memories were handed out during an event earlier this year and might be handed out again in the future.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

RareAcumen posted:

If you're using rifle there's damage falloff if you're outside the optimal range. Keep yourself at the distance where your lockon/aiming reticle turns orange to stay at maximum strength.

Other than that, the biggest factors in your damage are your weapon's base attack power (enhancement at the item lab to bring it up) and unlocking the potential on it (lv1 potential should suffice for anything you don't plan to bring to endgame).

You can just throw on some cheap low level augments if you want a little extra punch when progressing.

There's a couple points in Central City and Retem City where an NPC will give you some catch-up weapons, keep an eye out for those.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 4, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

You have to go to base PSO2 to spend Ragol memories for PSO1 themed stuff. The memory vendor is on the upper right of the shopping district. I recommend picking up the Section ID stickers for the best combo of nostalgia + good use in NGS. Arks Record Badges you get from ranking during Arks Record Challenges, you can see those under the Personal tab. Manga memories were handed out during an event earlier this year and might be handed out again in the future.

I need a list of everything I should be doing in PSO2 for the free stuff. I've never fired it up, I just started with NGS.

MR. J posted:

If you're using rifle there's damage falloff if you're outside the optimal range. Keep yourself at the distance where your lockon/aiming reticle turns orange to stay at maximum strength.

Other than that, the biggest factors in your damage are your weapon's base attack power (enhancement at the item lab to bring it up) and unlocking the potential on it (lv1 potential should suffice for anything you don't plan to bring to endgame).

You can just throw on some cheap low level augments if you want a little extra punch when progressing.

There's a couple points in Central City and Retem City where an NPC will give you some catch-up weapons, keep an eye out for those.

I've got lots of them, I just wasn't sure what I should've been adding. I went with Stamina 2, Precision 2 and Aino/Alno(?) Note on the rifle. Keeping the lock-on on enemies was the one thing I knew I should be doing though.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The only things I bother with in base at this point is turning in a basic food quest for the Casino Coins and then turning those coins into SG at the prize counter. If you have 2 alts you don't even need to do the casino games, that earns enough to buy them out weekly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally managed to crawl my way up to 1474 battle power, did those quests and the game led me to a minor quest to introduce the quest replay counter that gave me like 10 or 100 million EXP and I shot up from level 28 to 42. I can finally use those +40 Codeck Rifles I bought off the seasonal shop! I knew that was a good investment!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hahaha the Enemy Suppression daily quest is glitched for the new areas. Click and figure out where you're supposed to be killing enemies.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
I want to join the PSO2:NGS goon guild, even if it's a desiccated husk. Can someone send me an invite?
Player ID Name: R7-PS / Character name: R7 / NolVac discord name: R7

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you're playing on JP, bad news, I was the last active member and I left a couple days ago. If you're on global you're probably in more luck.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Oh man, saw this thread on the front page and remembered NGS.
Looks like they still haven't added anything to do except grinding dailies after a year of patches?
I remember I had just started playing OG PSO2 shortly before NGS released and was having fun leveling through it, until the playerbase and economy both got instantly vaporized.
NGS was pretty cool for the first 10-15 hours and then suddenly it had nothing left except farming the same trash mobs, idling in town, and spending realmoney on fashion.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's still much the same, but less bad. I think now we're at the tail end of what they'd had in the oven before realising it all sucked so hopefully what comes after will be uh, better

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's lots of different little ways to challenge yourself now. For instance, you can hit up rank 2 cocoons which scale with your level, see how many extra difficulty settings you can add on and still win.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So much of NGS is really cool in theory and boring as hell in practice. An open world to explore with hidden treasure, stuff like gathering and cooking, and BotW-ish temples? Cool!
But once you play it you realize that while it does deliver on those promises, it’s mostly just repetitive and the fact that progression is tied to an incredibly uninteresting story makes it more of a slog. They seem to be aware of the criticisms and have an entire additional studio to help out now so I’m hoping things start changing more.

I’ve started playing again but it’s more of something to waste time with while I listen to podcasts, which is a shame because most of the time base PSO2 was incredibly fun for me.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

Dabir posted:

If you're playing on JP, bad news, I was the last active member and I left a couple days ago. If you're on global you're probably in more luck.

Yeah I guess I'm on global, started with the playstation release, but idk if anybody is still playing in the goon guild at all in this who has invite power,
one of my pals from warframe is already in it but he can't invite me.

I just want to get some alliance quest rewards and not be in a pubbie guild full of spammy messages and tween drama, so it being kind of dead is just fine.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

So much of NGS is really cool in theory and boring as hell in practice. An open world to explore with hidden treasure, stuff like gathering and cooking, and BotW-ish temples? Cool!
But once you play it you realize that while it does deliver on those promises, it’s mostly just repetitive and the fact that progression is tied to an incredibly uninteresting story makes it more of a slog. They seem to be aware of the criticisms and have an entire additional studio to help out now so I’m hoping things start changing more.

I’ve started playing again but it’s more of something to waste time with while I listen to podcasts, which is a shame because most of the time base PSO2 was incredibly fun for me.

The good news is that PSO2's first episode was boring as gently caress too, there was just more of it and it was a pain in the neck to track down. We're coming up to the equivalent of the point where things started happening in the old story so maybe the Stia region will be the same.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

oh, they finally got more resources? I still feel the base engine is really good, it's just the rate of content was horrid.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Decided to replay NGS (after having to wait for a ridiculously long time to download it which resulted in me staying up to 3am when it was finished). Was suddenly given a whole bunch of powerful weapons and units that shot up my Battle Power which is likely the point of it. Also got other stuff like stuff to dress your Mag like Summoner's pets. I might try and do the story unless I lose interest again. Either that or just finish up the original PSO2 story since I'm literally at the final battle of Episode 6.

Also somehow not in Nol Vacancy anymore. I guess because of my prolonged absence?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0nOkjzq7xU

Wow, suddenly I understand why it took so long for them to reveal the My Room feature. It’s straight up building and terraforming on a plot of land, Sims style. Collaborative building for teams should be fun! I look forward to building Space Groverhaus.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
taking my other characters through the story real fast to get em caught up, I pretty much just powered through from retem to stia by taking the free Evolcoat from reaching retem and upgrading that to +60; I technically also used the Qual De armor from the seasonal point exchange too, since those already had their max grinds unlocked to 60 too. Granted I had to stay on my toes by ams kvaris, everything started dealing significant damage by that point. That might not work out on people's first times through the story though, even just two arms refiners can be a tall order until you have a source of n-cubes. I try not to count whatever is in Mission Pass because I think it usually takes a couple weeks to reach one of the n-cubes in those.

Depending on what else is even included in that "ultra evolution update" coming in June, (they've said repeatedly it will be more than just the player housing system) it might be a "new episode" of sorts, so that'd mean time for a new thread. I haven't really kept up on this one (yeah I still haven't put all the classes into it as of this post) mostly because I both got an actual job about a year before NGS came out, and because I've started focusing more on some other personal projects while they uh, bring this game back up to speed :shepface: so I don't know if I should be in charge of this thing going forward. I'll write a blurb for the other classes at least.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
from the bit we saw of the april update stuff, I'm hoping this is finally where the story goes wildly off the rails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Did the story ever get any less boring and cliched? I never got past the Retem region but I keep up with the PSO2 Station updates and the little story blurbs they'd post there never seemed like much was happening. PSO2 had a lot of cliches and some really dumb plot stuff, but it was never quite on that level of boring and uninspired. Even the isekai arcs ended up having some fun stuff.