Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They say Wednesday which is great, but they don't mention which month or year. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Azzanadra posted:

You don’t need to do anything. Once the servers are up you just go to a place that you can change blocks and you’re free to swap between pso2-classic and new genesis.

The only thing that isn’t shared is your character inventory, so you have to throw any units or weapons you want to use in new genesis into storage before swapping

Does this include equipped gear?

Or since we're starting at level 1 in NGS would we even be able to use OG PSO2 gear from level 80?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

They are just giong to keep pushing it back in smaller and smaller increments like some sort of Achilles and the tortoise paradox

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Servers allegedly up, let's see if I manage to log in.

*edit*
NGSifying my characters.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Aw nuts, do Mag cosmetics not transfer over?

EDIT: What are you guys gonna set dodge action to? X feels awkward.

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 9, 2021

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Lmao I can't play because ship02 is full, gonna have to wait until international launch day is over and people log in at normal times.

Edit: lmao all the servers are full now

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Literally every MMO launch is the same :negative:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

LMAO how do you not have a queue system implemented in TYOOL 2021

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Figured things would be this way at launch. Decided to just hold off and have breakfast and lo and behold, it's clogged.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Anyone else stuck at the part where you have to go find lodgings? Not sure what I'm supposed to do at the quest point.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Ur full :negative:

When I can get in later, how do I go about rejoining the goon group? I got a couple classes to 75 around release time, haven't played much since then.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Is anyone else having issues with the resolution being too low? I've tried changing settings both in the launcher and in-game, no difference.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Wrote a macro to left click (mouse positioned over Ship 2) and then hit enter three seconds later. Got back into Ship 2 after about five minutes.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Is anyone else having issues with the resolution being too low? I've tried changing settings both in the launcher and in-game, no difference.

Alright I fixed it. If anyone else has the same issue on Windows 10, it's tied to the display scaling being higher than 100%. Here's the fix:

-Go to pso2.exe
-Right click and select properties
-Go to the compatibility tab
-Select 'change high DPI settings'
-Enable high DPI scaling override

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is respeccing in NGS still a pain in the rear end?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Currently basically unplayable because of how laggy it is but NGS is just PSO Xenoblade and I dig it

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

fadam posted:

Anyone else stuck at the part where you have to go find lodgings? Not sure what I'm supposed to do at the quest point.

I initially got stuck because I didn't land in the place the "glide to town" quest wanted me to land in and the map marker pointed into the center of town.

I need to take a break now, but if anyone knows of any guides on how to make the NGS faces not look like a pre-teen anime protagonists please let me know. Right now I'm still using my old PSO2 "middle aged" CAST face, but I'd like to figure out how to get the new ones looking acceptably adult-like so I can use all the new customizations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
How is the game you guys? Is it better than vanilla PSO2?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Game is so laggy it's unplayable right now. I did manage to create my character though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bardeh posted:

Game is so laggy it's unplayable right now. I did manage to create my character though.

:lmao:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are class skill trees are on the same system as the base game, where you either pay $ or wait for a freebie from Sega if you make the wrong decisions? (especially now, early on, when guidance seems thin on the ground)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How TF do I trigger this PSE burst for this quest?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

fadam posted:

How TF do I trigger this PSE burst for this quest?

Go to Magnus Mountain and go to the areas marked with E or T, the PSE bar on the top left will fill up, when it hits max it goes into a burst

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

Go to Magnus Mountain and go to the areas marked with E or T, the PSE bar on the top left will fill up, when it hits max it goes into a burst

Darn, it was draining faster than I could fill it. I'll give it another shot after work, thanks!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
when I do my little character action card in chat, does that show up for everyone? when i do it my hosed up freak character flaps his lips around hilariously so i hope everyone can see it

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. So I actually can't log back into regular PSO2 until I play some New Genesis?

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

Huh. So I actually can't log back into regular PSO2 until I play some New Genesis?

You have to get through the first initial tutorial and then play the 2nd tutorial up til you can use Ryuker Devices then you can switch back to regular PSO2.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I'm suprised they didn't modernize the way skill trees work a little. You still can't reset an individual skill tree.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

brand engager posted:

I'm suprised they didn't modernize the way skill trees work a little. You still can't reset an individual skill tree.

Think you can still basically only do so by buying one extra skill tree with AC to leave blank then using SG to swap it with the one you want to reset.

The difficulty in respeccing kinda runs me into the issue on these games where I'll start at launch, then when it comes time to start spending skill points get indecisive and then wait until the bingeplayers have all hit current cap and figured out what isn't terrible.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I really wanted to get some hours into this before work today but the servers being slammed cancelled that plan. Hopefully in a few hours things will have cooled off enough for me to get online once I get home. I haven't decided if I want to give my character a radical makeover or just some light touch ups yet.

People should post more screenshots so I'll have something to look at while I'm at work.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I like this one review on Steam whose big complaint is that you don't manually pick up items anymore.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Think you can still basically only do so by buying one extra skill tree with AC to leave blank then using SG to swap it with the one you want to reset.

The difficulty in respeccing kinda runs me into the issue on these games where I'll start at launch, then when it comes time to start spending skill points get indecisive and then wait until the bingeplayers have all hit current cap and figured out what isn't terrible.

Yeah I know about the trick but they should have put in a reset, they had 8 years

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zerilan posted:

:same:

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
My secret to dealing with not knowing what to do with my skill points is to never make it to the end of the game where it actually matters if you don't have max DPS. :v

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i stopped playing around episode... idk it was the one where we were in tokyo and fighting trains and dinosaurs, it was insane but entertaining, i just got beaten down by the constant grinding. i did keep pso2 tweaker and i would log in once in a while to play with my outfit before logging out for months again.

do i have to install new genesis on steam or the microsoft store, or can i just keep using the tweaker? i started at launch and i know i did the account transfer, so i don't even know which platform to use if i have to download everything again.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Splash Attack posted:

i stopped playing around episode... idk it was the one where we were in tokyo and fighting trains and dinosaurs, it was insane but entertaining, i just got beaten down by the constant grinding. i did keep pso2 tweaker and i would log in once in a while to play with my outfit before logging out for months again.

do i have to install new genesis on steam or the microsoft store, or can i just keep using the tweaker? i started at launch and i know i did the account transfer, so i don't even know which platform to use if i have to download everything again.

If you already linked your PSO2 account between MS Store and Steam, it doesn't matter which one you use. The only time it matters is when starting it up on Steam for the first time because once you create a char with Steam, you can no longer link your MS Store/Xbox info. It will be locked to MS Store unless you create an entirely new Steam account just for PSO2 to have the ability to link them.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Holy poo poo this is a mess. Like, there can be upwards of like 30 seconds of server lag between quest steps updating, hits registering, etc.

I'm just gunna close this game and maybe come back in a week to see if they've unfucked it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A +35 15* Klaus Edge being outclassed by some +0 4* NGS knuckles makes me glad that I didn't spend any time farming or upgrading gear in PSO2.

Also yeah the server load causing huge lag is not great for a game that is ostensibly supposed to be more of an action game than not. Trying to dodge enemy attacks is a total crapshoot.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Bloodplay it again posted:

If you already linked your PSO2 account between MS Store and Steam, it doesn't matter which one you use. The only time it matters is when starting it up on Steam for the first time because once you create a char with Steam, you can no longer link your MS Store/Xbox info. It will be locked to MS Store unless you create an entirely new Steam account just for PSO2 to have the ability to link them.

so if i already linked my pso2 account back when it finally came out on stream, i don't have anything to worry about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I had to reset Windows 10 today and downloaded PSO2 again, but whenever I try to run it through Steam it is like"pso2bridge." Something is missing, and another error pops up and it won't start.

I have tried doing file integrity and fresh download twice now.