Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

just to continue the front page stuff - I'd also be fine if my breakdowns were quoted (with credit) in someone else's front page articles

e. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^if we had a site with just the effortposts from these threads it would probably be the best non-news MMA content on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

As a person who, for a time, ran a mma blog, wrote for a site for pay, and wrote for a site for no pay:

- Doing something on my own, I didn't expect to make money off it, it was just something I wanted to do for fun
- Once you start doing it for someone else, get paid (Alternatively, once you ask other folks to contribute, pay them something, even if it's like $5 for a preview/review/recap and a lil more for something that requires more effort)

I don't know anything about making websites or hosting or whatnot, but I know such things exist.

To make money at this, you either gotta sell ads or ask for subscriptions. Seanbaby's 1-900-HOTDOG patreon is a pretty good set up of the latter. That site has something pretty much every day, and maybe like 2 articles per week are free, the rest are behind the patreon paywall. So you can get folks interested without them having to give you a dollar, but other stuff is locked away.

I dunno, I am currently in Just Sayin Stuff mode, but the detailed breakdowns and other effortposts are always good reads

This ^^ is generally how I think about it. I'm content if my work goes to where more people can read it, but it's really imo worth doing if people other than those in this thread will read it. And I'm 90% sure that's at least roughly how most people who make effortposts feel about that.

If a site were to happen we'd need to buiild an audience and develop a funding model as you say, and someone would have to put in the actual work of promoting it (and promotion is actual work, and not an insiginficant amount). It might be good to try to build the audience first before looking for domains and hosting and wordpress and blah blah blah. That's why the front page came to mind. This is also why youtube and podcasts are more popular platforms, because the funding model is easier and more lucrative than text (it's not that the audience always prefers those platforms to text).

In the mean time, it would take relatively little work in the case of my format for me to start a @CS-PSP-MMA twitter account and post my breakdowns there as threads, 1-3 tweets per fight, and it would probably get roughly as much outside audience as a blog would - it would at least be easier to share. Just looking at my last one, my main event breakdown would be 5 tweets, and a 1-tweet breakdown would be like the Drew Dober fight. The whole thing would be roughly 30.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skjorte posted:

Speaking of Covid, Dominick Cruz is now bringing his bad commentary to his training sessions:

https://twitter.com/invheelhook/status/1403431734000111616

gently caress dom cruz

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sounds like you don't click on enough links in this thread.

Anyway someone made a short video explaining all of the poo poo that's happening in the roidtech vid and why it's funny if you want to catch up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

IT’S KOREAN ZOMBIE FIGHT WEEK

:peanut: :jiggled: :peanut:

Main Card (ESPN2/ESPN+)
:supaburn:Featheweight Chan Sung Jung vs Dan Ige
First-rate fight. The most handsome and brave of all fighters in the UFC looks to bounce back from his lopsided decision loss to the cowardly cheater Brian Ortega. I can either write 22 words or 1000 words about TKZ: He is one of the most exciting and skilled fighters in MMA history. He’s super cool. Go watch all of his fights. Ige is a Hawaiian banger, and I mean that in a good way. He’s a pretty sharp, accurate boxer, and he has that hard-to-crack Hawaiian dome, and he has shown some pretty good wrestling. Could we call him a meat-and-potatoes fighter? He has an 8-fight stretch where he only came up short to Calvin Kattar, though he also had a dubious split decision win over Barboza. Last time out he caught fellow prospect Gavin Tucker cold in 22 seconds. I’m not sure what to expect out of this fight. 2013 TKZ would have ended up in a brawl for the ages here, but 2021 TKZ is more measured and technical. It will be good.

:siren:Heavyweight Aleksi Oleinik vs Sergey Spivak
This fight is going to be dumb and we’re going to love it. At least neither of these guys is slovenly and fat (scroll down for that). Measuring from results, Oleinik is among the top three grapplers in heavyweight history. He’s a strong Ukrainian/Russian dad built like an orangutan. He has submitted UFC opponents from places like bottom mount with chokes that we tell white belts to stop loving around with and wasting time. He also flails his arms around and sometimes KOs people. He’s on a 2-fight TKO skid. Spivak is a young Moldovan with a Hapsburg jaw who also flails around. He is 3-2 in the UFC, but his losses are to 2019 Walt Harris on short notice, and then Marcin Tybura, so not too bad, especially for a 26 year old which is basically a toddler in UFC Heavyweight terms. He is sloppy but fun. He’s mostly a wrestler/grappler. This fight hinges on how much Oleinik has faded with age.

Featherweight Julian Erosa vs Seung Woo Choi
Erosa might have a future. A DWCS guy, he started in the UFC with a 3-fight losing streak, and then got back in via Covid fights and now has consecutive stoppage wins over solid opposition. He’s one of those skinny guys who kicks and grapples. Seung Woo Choi is Korean with a 2-2 record, but those losses are to Gavin Tucker and Mosvar Evloev. I don’t have much to say about him sadly. He’s not a bad fighter, and he fights hard.

:siren:Bantamweight Marlon Vera vs Davey Grant
Ayy. Chito is back. He’s the Ecuadorian guy who beat Sean O’Malley and then went 3 hard rounds with Jose Aldo. His fighting style is “hard as nails” and “hits hard.” He’s primarily on the striker end of the spectrum. This is actually a rematch: British grappler Grant won a decision from Vera in 2016. Since then Vera has had 13 UFC fights, and Grant 5. Grant comes to us via being the runner up from the season of TUF coached by Rousey and Tate. Right now he’s on a 3 fight streak including two lovely come from behind “god he’s dead” left hook KOs. Vera is much better than the dudes Grant KOed, but Grant was an underdog for those, too.

Middleweight Wellington Turman vs Bruno Silva
Turman is one of those Brazilians who comes in as a bit of a hyped prospect and then gets finished and everyone forgets about them a bit. He’s now 1-2, most recently getting KOed by Andrew Sahcnez. Bruno Silva is a Brazilian making his UFC debut. His most noteworthy achievement is KOing Alexander Shlemenko in Russia. He got KOed on one of the TUF Brazil seasons a while back. He was supposed to fight Derron Winn in the UFC in 2019 but Silva failed a drug test, too.

:c: Welterweight Matt Brown vs Dhiego Lima
Brown is back. He holds, or has held, some records for most stoppages and consecutive KOs in UFC history. He is a self-described brawler. Some of his UFC fights (esp. vs Erik Silva) are among the best ever. He retired for a while and has come back to fight more because he likes it, with less than inspiring results. Lima the lesser has been holding onto the bottom of the division. His fighting style is tall and low urgency. He was on a three-fight streak against weak opposition before losing a decision to Belal Muhammad.

Prelims (ESPN+? Dunno)
Light Heavyweight Aleksa Camur vs Nicolae Negumereanu
? Nick Negumereanu is a Romanian who went lost his UFC debut in 2019 to Safarov. Camur is a 6-1 Bosnian-American Contender Series product with a 1-1 UFC record, most recently losing a decision to William Knight.

:siren:Strawweight Virna Jandiroba vs Kanako Murata
I’m excited for this one anyway. I don’t like the term “Dark Horse” but Jandiroba fits the definition. She’s 2-2 in the UFC, but those losses are to Carla Esparza and Mackenzie Dern in really competitive fights. Her wins are the kind of blowout submissions you’d expect an elite fighter to get over lesser competition. Before that she was the undefeated Invicta champ. She has really lovely jiu jitsu and a cool hat. Murata is a powerful Japanese wrestler who has also come via Invicta. In her UFC debut she dominated Randa Markos who, despite her crappy record, is usually able to take a round from most of her opponents.

:siren: Welterweight Khaos Williams vs Matthew Semelsberger
Williams is a “god he’s dead” striker who in his third UFC bout ran into Michel Pereira, failed to put him away within a minute, and then ran out of ideas. He here takes a step back into slightly lower-tier opposition. Semelsberger is 2-0 in the UC, having picked up a 16 second KO in March. That’s right: these fighters have 3 KOs totalling roughly 1:15.

:btroll: Heavyweight Josh Parisian vs Roque Martinez
Get your trashweights! Parisian is a scrappy underdog who tried like 4 times via DWCS and TUF to get into the UFC before he finally made it, and then he lost to a fat guy who now has 1 UFC win. Roque Martinez is a spherical fighter from Guam who is 0-2 in the UFC, but he also seems to have a brick for a head, and he has shown a few moments of good punching which I hesitate to call boxing.

Lightweight Joaquim Silva vs Rick Glenn
Rick Glenn is the former WSOF Champ but he has been hot and cold in the UFC. He somehow has a win over Gavin Tucker and a loss to Evan Dunham back to back. He moves back to lightweight after missing weight and losing to Kevin Aguilar. Silva has been floating around the FUC forever: he has a win over Reza Madadi, but is 4-2 overall. His last fight was a KO loss to Haqparast.

Flyweight Casey O’Neill vs Lara Procópio
Procópio is a 6-1 Brazilian with a win over Molly McCann. O’Neill is an undefeated Scott who ran through Shana Dobson in her debut, as one does.

Idk if the Tyson Nam fight is happening – Tapology says it’s off. We also lost a Tim Means fight this week. If those two dudes stay on the card either of them is worth watching, but idk who they’ll be fighting if they are.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wait, is it losers pick the fights this season on TUF?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I watched the early TUF seasons sporadically because I was poo poo at catching regularly scheduled TV at that time due to work and school and alcoholism.

when TUF 10 (Roy Nelson, Schaub, Kimbo) hit I had the bright idea of starting to pirate it so I could watch it on my own time, and then I watched it pretty regularly up through Bisping-Miller (which was TUF 14?).

Then I started just watching the fights for a few seasons, if I bothered to remember. Jones-Sonnen was pretty good overall so I ended up watching most of that one.

Then I watched TUF: Strawweights, and basically lost interest after that ended.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fedor fights were typically fun but you had to be taking some pretty deep swigs of the koolaid to claim that he was without any doubt that he was the best heavyweight in the world.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Orange Carlisle posted:

His lead right into clinch takedown all in one motion was pretty rad to watch when he did it

That was my big takeaway from re-watching his highlight reel - I forgot how often he would throw that full force shot then immediately in the same motion clinch and takedown which seems terrifying to have done to you by any fighter who is strong as hell

Yeah that poo poo was rad. And he could throw a loving haymaker like nobody's business. Combine that with his uncanny stoicism and you have a fight worth watching.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Not at all. I got one of the most lame redtexts I think i've ever seen on SA.

what did the red text say

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento posted:

If we perma'd every single person who posts in QCS it would be a significant net positive for the forums as a whole.

There's a forum where you can suggest that

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dom's biggest problem is that he gets hung up on like 2-3 things, e.g. underhooks or early stoppages, and just hammers them to death over multiple fights and multiple broadcasts. This, combined with him being a thin-skinned bitch, is why he's such a dweeb.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

No one is gay for Molenkamp

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It’s a fight night breakdown

:supaburn:[blink]NOTE THE UNUSUALLY EARLY START TIME OF 3PM CENTRAL FOR MAIN CARD AND 12PM CENTRAL FOR PRELIMS[/blink]:supaburn:

Main Card ESPN+
Heavyweight Ciryl Gane vs Alexander Volkov
Gane is a French kickboxer who is a pretty solid prospect: he has an all-around technically sound and strategically solid game that has brought him to 5-0 in the UFC. His last fight was a tragically boring fight against Jairzinho Rozenstruik, which I blame on Bigi Boi. Basically, Bigi Boi didn’t have an answer for Gane’s basic outside jabby strikes, and so Gane just poked away at him for 5 rounds because, like, why change what’s working against the guy who can literally explode your face? Volkov is the former Bellator champ and he’s a tall rangy striker with a bit of a submission game too. He might be the tallest active heavyweight in the UFC actually. Right now he’s on a two fight streak with TKOs of Harris and Overeem. The winner of this fight is probably in the immediate title picture, as neither has lost to Ngannou, and Volkov’s loss to Lewis, wherein he won 14:40 of that fight to get caught late, could probably use a rematch.

Heavyweight Tanner Boser vs Ovince St. Preux
The shine has come off of the mulleted Canadian Boser, who steps in here as a late replacement for Maxim Grishin, bringing the fight up a weight class. Boser had this whole “heavyweight who moves like a middleweight” thing going on, and a couple TKOs over dudes who you haven’t heard of, but decision losses to Ilir Latifi and Andrei Arlovski have moved him to the “Afterthought” part of the division. That he got outworked by the much smaller Latifi does not bode well for his supposed size advantage against usual-205er St. Preux, either. St Preux is a veteran who has picked up a couple of matches at heavyweight over the last year. He is best known for his ability to grab Von Flue chokes (an otherwise esoteric cross-body head and arm choke usually used to punish white belts for bad guillotines) all over the poo poo. He’s 3-5 in his last 7, most recently getting knocked silly by Jamahal Hill (arm breaky guy from last week).

Light Heavyweight Kennedy Nzechukwu vs Danilo Marques
The UFC did this whole “Nigerian dominance” promo a bit back and looking sheepish behind Usman and Adesanya was then 1-1 Nzechukwu. He’s a two-time DWCS vet who is now 2-1 in the UFC. That loss to Paul Craig by triangle has aged well, though. He KOed Carlos Ulberg in March. As I recall he’s pretty much an explosive puncher. Marques is a Brazilian with a 2-0 UFC record. He choked out Mike Rodriguez in February, and I vaguely remember that happening, but it’s nothing that made me say “Wow.” Apparently Marques was supposed to face Ed Herman, so there’s a late replacement thing happening here.

:siren:Featherweight Andre Fili vs Daniel Pineda
“Touchy” Fili is always good for some violence. I think we can call him a journeyman now, even though he didn’t look bad in his last loss to Bryce Mitchell. Fili is a kickboxer with high output and a willingness to brawl, but without a great power record, so his fights tend to have lots of ongoing kicking and punching. Pineda is a journeyman who lost his PFL season due to the bad kind of drugs in 2019 but then booked a return to the UFC as a covid replacement. He upset Herbert Burns in August, and then got KOed by Cub Swanson in December. He’s another action fighter. This is a popcorn matchup with virtually no divisional significance.

Lightweight Renato Moicano vs Jai Herbert
Moicano was hot poo poo at Featherweight, except for his fights with Ortega, Aldo, and TKZ. He moved up to lightweight and looked like a wizard in his debut, but then got Fizieved in his follow up. This is an extremely important fight for Moicano because he is visibly an elite fighter in terms of his skills, but he needs to stop losing fights and start winning them instead. His chin may be suspect. Herbert is a good test for him. I often criticize the UFC for throwing younger fighters to the wolves repeatedly but that’s not what we have here. He’s a 10-1 English striker who got KOed by Trinaldo back in July. This is a perfect check for Moicano to get a win, get some confidence and work his way into showing that he’s a Charles Olivera and not a Phillipe Nover. But he also might get KOed.

e. apparently Moicano is 32 - I thought he was 28 or even younger. That's a big difference in terms of how much fire a promoter should be putting underneath a fighter. The matchmaking seems more appropriate in that light, because with a 32 year old highly ranked fighter the conversation is more like "take some big, challenging fights so you can show us what you can do before you get too old to begin a title run," whereas with a 28 year old fighter you're trying to set them up so that they're in a good place when they hit 32.

Prelims (ESPN+)
Bantamweight Raoni Barcelos vs Timur Valiev
Barcelos is 5-0 in the UFC. He’s a Brazilian grappler with some serious IBJJF wins on his resume. He’s good, but he’s also 34, so he needs to get more active if he wants to get anywhere with this MMA thing. Valiev is a Dagestani sambo/bjj guy who is 1-0 1NC (loss overturned) in the UFC.

:siren:Welterweight Shavkat Rakhmonov vs Michel Prazeres
Rakhmonov is that Kazakh super prospect who dumpstered and submitted Alex Oliveira in his UFC debut. He is extremely good, and that was one of the best UFC debuts I’ve seen. Prazares “the tractor” is a Brazilian grappler and professional weight-misser who is coming back from a two-year steroid suspension. He’s 2-1 at welterweight. He is basically a tree stump strength grappler, and I think he has more north-south choke wins than anyone else in UFC history. Excellent test for the prospect.

:siren:Welterweight Tim Means vs Nicolas Dalby
Aayyyy Dirty Bird found a fight. Means was supposed to be on last week’s card but his fight fell through. He’s a tall skinny journeyman who has a pretty good fight IQ and nice accurate strikes. He likes to throw elbows. That’s good because his opponent, Dalby, is a Dane who bleeds a lot. Dalby is basically a balls-to-the-wall brawler. This fight will be extremely fun.

:siren:Light Heavyweight Marcin Prachino vs Isaac Villanueva
Ike is an underdog who is fun to root for. He came in as a late replacement at heavyweight, and got TKOed, and then lost his light heavyweight debut by a TKO cut in the first round, and then he scored a great KO with a great post-fight speech in his follow-up to that. Glad to see him back. He’s a scrappy Texan brawler. Prachino is a tall Pole who is 1-3 in the UFC. All of his losses have been by KO/TKO, but for some reason he’s the betting favourite on this one.

:hmmyes:Bantamweight Julia Avila vs Julija Stoliarenko
Wow we have two people from the two bloodiest fights ever on this card (Dalby being the other). Stoliarenko is a former Invicta title challenger who was in a crazy bloody fight last March. She has had less success in the UFC since, being held against the cage by Yana Kunitskaya for 3 rounds in August. She has also fought Lethwei. Avila is a Brazilian who is 2-1 in the UFC, with a win over Pannie Kianzad (saw her last week) and a loss to Sijara Eubanks. This fight had been scheduled for March but Stoliarenko fainted backstage or something.

e. I'm told that she's American and that she has had some serious disruption to her coaching team in recent months so we'll see what's up.

:siren:Featherweight Charles Rosa vs Justin Jaynes
I think Rosa trains with a Goon? Or something? He’s a Boston-based fighter with a 4-5 UFC record, alternating wins and losses. I know him best for his loss to Bryce Mitchell, where he escaped like 5 twisters. He grapples some and he strikes some, but he doesn’t really get great results from either. Jaynes is a bald beardy puncher who is best known for pulling down Gavin Tucker’s pants. He punches good, but he has also been stopped in three consecutive fights. This will probably be fun.

Lightweight Yancy Medeiros vs Damir Hadzovic
I feel like I broke this down a while back? Yancy is a tall skinny Hawaiian who has fun fights, win or lose. Hadzovic is a Bosnian-and-Herzagovinan who is 3-4 UFC, and who was Moicano’s (above) victim in his divisional debut.

Dunno where on these are or if they’re even still happening
Welterweight Warlley Alves vs Jeremiah Wells
Alves is a TUF:Brazil winner with a stoppage over Colby Covington. He’s coming off of a pretty good TKO win. Wells is a CFFC guy making his UFC debut.

Flyweight Tim Elliott vs Su Mudaerji
Elliot is a hillbilly who won TUF and got smacked around by Demetrious Johnson. He has a goofy fighting style but he has become bad at winning fights. He’s on a 2-fight streak against weak opposition. “The Tibetan Eagle” Mudaerji is a Tibetan who is 3-1 in the UFC, but I don’t remember his fights.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 23, 2021

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh I just remembered that the thing that made Tim Elliott's last fight interesting was that while he was holding his opponent down he was poo poo talking the guy about allegedly being a domestic abuser. That was much more interesting than the fight itself.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm sure that Gane has more depth to his game than he dhowed in his last fight. It's just that against Bigi Boi it would be completely reckless to deviate from an approach that was winning the fight as completely and thoroughly as "move sideways and jab" was.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Flaskraven posted:

I hate that Moicano is so great but he can't win. That Kattar fight is so fantastic. I hope he turns it around but it doesn't look like it. He's 32 so he's not in his prime any more and if he loses this I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut.

I thought he was more like 28. drat.

You know, I'll update my post with some of this info, like Avilla being American and that the Elliott fight is actually off.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CommonShore posted:

Lightweight Renato Moicano vs Jai Herbert
Moicano was hot poo poo at Featherweight, except for his fights with Ortega, Aldo, and TKZ. He moved up to lightweight and looked like a wizard in his debut, but then got Fizieved in his follow up. This is an extremely important fight for Moicano because he is visibly an elite fighter in terms of his skills, but he needs to stop losing fights and start winning them instead. His chin may be suspect. Herbert is a good test for him. I often criticize the UFC for throwing younger fighters to the wolves repeatedly but that’s not what we have here. He’s a 10-1 English striker who got KOed by Trinaldo back in July. This is a perfect check for Moicano to get a win, get some confidence and work his way into showing that he’s a Charles Olivera and not a Phillipe Nover. But he also might get KOed.

e. apparently Moicano is 32 - I thought he was 28 or even younger. That's a big difference in terms of how much fire a promoter should be putting underneath a fighter. The matchmaking seems more appropriate in that light, because with a 32 year old highly ranked fighter the conversation is more like "take some big, challenging fights so you can show us what you can do before you get too old to begin a title run," whereas with a 28 year old fighter you're trying to set them up so that they're in a good place when they hit 32.

:hmmyes:Bantamweight Julia Avila vs Julija Stoliarenko
Wow we have two people from the two bloodiest fights ever on this card (Dalby being the other). Stoliarenko is a former Invicta title challenger who was in a crazy bloody fight last March. She has had less success in the UFC since, being held against the cage by Yana Kunitskaya for 3 rounds in August. She has also fought Lethwei. Avila is a Brazilian who is 2-1 in the UFC, with a win over Pannie Kianzad (saw her last week) and a loss to Sijara Eubanks. This fight had been scheduled for March but Stoliarenko fainted backstage or something.

e. I'm told that she's American and that she has had some serious disruption to her coaching team in recent months so we'll see what's up.

Flyweight Tim Elliott vs Su Mudaerji
Elliot is a hillbilly who won TUF and got smacked around by Demetrious Johnson. He has a goofy fighting style but he has become bad at winning fights. He’s on a 2-fight streak against weak opposition. “The Tibetan Eagle” Mudaerji is a Tibetan who is 3-1 in the UFC, but I don’t remember his fights.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Everybody loves bad middleweights

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

in retrospect, yes, but on the show he seemed like a really affable and effective coach. even if he wasn't in direct contrast with bisping. his subsequent hijinks genuinely shocked me after his tuf appearance.

I agree. He was one of the best coaches on TUF, and definitely one of the ones who I least expected would be a great coach (probably Sonnen and GSP are the other best ones that I recall).

From what I've seen Mayhem seems legitimately mentally ill, and I don't think it's entirely related to being punched in the head. I have a strongly schizophrenic friend (who is now very self-aware and keeps himself rigorously medicated), and lots of Mayhem's spiral echoes his experience.

As a consequence I have more sympathy for him than I do for the ones who are woman-beating bullies e.g. Luis Pena. I know that Mayhem had some domestic violence incidents too, but I'm more inclined to give someone a tiny amount of benefit of the doubt that they're not a (deliberate) abuser when it's interspersed with being found naked babbling messianic nonsense in a church in the middle of the night. Often people with these kinds of delusional/reality bending complexes literally don't what's going on around them and when they commit violent acts it's because they believe that they're in circumstances that are completely disconnected from reality (e.g. Vincent Li).

I hope he's getting the help he needs.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Reminder that it's an early fight card tomorrow. Use googles for local times. Prelims start around noon in North America.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Conor is a paper mache effigy that when someone punches him money comes out

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Lmao Did Francis mention unionising or something? The dude is such a loving marketable champ, he's super nice and his origin story is absolutely insane, it makes zero sense to gently caress him over like this.

Francis has been posting a bit passive aggressively about fighter pay lately, especially compared to e.g. the brothers Paul

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:v: "What's your job title?"

:smug: "Chief business officer."

:v: "Well what do you do?"

:smug: "Y'know... business"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Every champ should be guaranteed a million dollars minimum per title fight. If the PPV or whatever doesn't sell enough buys to cover that, that's the promoter's fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

At this rate I'll be fighting O'Malley before 2021 is up.

Just kidding I'd want more than 8/8