Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

why's nate diaz v leon edwards a 5 rounder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Skjorte posted:

Speaking of Covid, Dominick Cruz is now bringing his bad commentary to his training sessions:

https://twitter.com/invheelhook/status/1403431734000111616
hey dom, less than 1/10 people die from car accidents per year than covid but we still wear seatbelts. only thing that would make that shirt shirt better would be if it were a tank top so you could see his awesome tribal back tattoo under it

Memento posted:

covid hosed up Cody Garbrandt which is something Dom never could, so he's feeling a bit insecure

lmao

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

If anyone did not watch the prelims, go watch Dober/Riddell.

Seconding this, what a back and forth “guy was almost out but rallied big” war

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

nate diaz won that fight

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sounds like exact criteria for winning imo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

MotU posted:

nate diaz has only won 1 of those fights but at the same time he has lost 0 of those fights, he deserves to be main event

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Wait, it's all nate vs the UFC?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I knew this thread would not let me down :D

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

he's saying learn to negotiate

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pamela Springstein posted:

Kevin Randleman passed away

drat, again? poor guy can't catch a break RIP

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is this cause of China?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

it's because he's wearing non-venum gear during a fight-week media obligation

Oh okay

If anyone was wondering why I said that, I know China has some weird state censorship crap about stuff like zombies, undead, etc

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Memento posted:

That moron got banned because of their constant refrain that it was completely OK that Fedor trained with neo nazis and when they were told to knock it off or get banned, they doubled down and got banned. Also they kept posting like "dear sir" and "mayhap your post is an ad hominen" etc etc the exact kind of poo poo idiots post when they're trying to be smart.
maybe i spent myself a little too hard working out today just now but i laughed really hard at this lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Memento posted:

Also they kept posting like "dear sir" and "mayhap your post is an ad hominen" etc etc the exact kind of poo poo idiots post when they're trying to be smart.

This is also how I post too but it's when I am trying to be the most relentlessly annoying shitstain imaginable

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

more fighters should call out dominic cruz. he gets so fuckin mad when they're lower ranked and it's great :laugh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bisping is great cause when his ego is attacked he always sounds a bit sarcastic when defending himself to me, like he kinda doesn't really give a poo poo and is just doing a bit/being a heel. Bisping rules.

I don't hate Dom as a commentator generally but he is 100% insecure about everything that heads his way which is why I love it when he gets called out

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

what ever happened with that really fuckin weird post fight interview dom had something about a charity fight, no monster drinks and they had to awkwardly cut away from him cause no one knew wtf he was talking about after taking a few too many jabs to the dome. I think UFC didn't even upload the interview to their channel either lmbo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Memento posted:

knocking food out of Daniel Cormier's hands

this man is my mortal enemy.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Flaskraven posted:

I hope Rockhold gets a short notice title fight and knocks Adesanya out in the first round.

Bisping would come flying down the ramp WWE style and take it back

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DC: That's michael bisping's music!!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Has anyone who adopts the patented alpha male warrior prince of war bringer of chaos mentality ever been good for any sustainable period of time ever

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I am getting more and more annoyed every time I hear about this so-called "motivated conor" as a get out of jail free card for getting his rear end handed to him by Poirier. God I'm excited for July 10th to see him do it again :getin:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I tend to agree, by all accounts conor prepares well and hard for every fight. Even if his choice of coaching and training partners isn't what I would consider ideal. People seem to forget that Dustin Porier is a world class contender and one of the best two or three lightweights in the world.

Yeah that's the other thing - Conor did look really good in January! But got pieced up due to not doing poo poo about the leg kicks and Poirier just being one of the best in the entire world.

I really hope he beats Conor and gets his title shot. Would be the feel-good story of the year. If he puts Conor away fast enough maybe we could see Dustin x Oliveira in December/January??

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Just came to post this too. This is hosed up and very disrespectful to Francis

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1409610421707841538?s=20

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

And Gane having a brutal 5 round decision win at heavyweight versus a real killer and then having a title fight 6 weeks later seems pretty fuckin irresponsible to me

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Why does dana hate hw champions so much

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

this just reminded me they had michael chandler talk about black history month because he adopted a black son instead of just having angie hill or usman or whoever do the feature lol

LOL this sounds like an onion article.

Though I suppose it would make white people feel better to hear from a white savior talking about how he's redeemed this poor youth instead of hearing from a grown adult and hearing about their experiences or whatever so congrats to Dana for feeding into that

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I figured I knew who Hunter was from the way Dana talks about him but turns out all this time I was mistaking him for Sean Shelby :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lol, nicely done calling that perfectly :tipshat: