Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Cleared Caria Manor. Do not like the giant severed and fused hand things, less about being actually difficult (they aren't outside of numbers which applies to every enemy anyway) and more about how creepy they are.

I also did not like that the main boss in the catacombs near the Frenzied Village stunning me which lead it and the skeleton enemies to shred my health to zero in an instant because I wanted to regain my runes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Pyro Jack posted:

Cleared Caria Manor. Do not like the giant severed and fused hand things, less about being actually difficult (they aren't outside of numbers which applies to every enemy anyway) and more about how creepy they are.

There are so many Elden Ring enemies, the hands among them, that evoke what makes spider enemies in games creepy, without having any actual literal spiders. It's truly incredible.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Should brought back the Bloodborne spiders imo

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Setting the hands on fire will stun them for a little bit. If you're having trouble with them retreat and throw fireballs at them, or fire pots/arrows/etc.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

CaptainRat posted:

There are so many Elden Ring enemies, the hands among them, that evoke what makes spider enemies in games creepy, without having any actual literal spiders. It's truly incredible.

They're a mix of familiar and wrong elements that play off each other very effectively.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Horace Kinch posted:

Setting the hands on fire will stun them for a little bit. If you're having trouble with them retreat and throw fireballs at them, or fire pots/arrows/etc.

weapons that do any amount of fire damage work as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Torch flamethrower or even regular flamethrower that I wish didn't suck rear end