Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

In north Caelid kinda near the divine tower theres a chasm far below that leads to some kinda castle with a giant pot dude standing in front of it. If I follow the chasm I see some kinda building with a lost grace in front. How do I get down there?

I tried reaching from the other side from the red swamp and it's a dead end, although I did find a cave there with a sweet emblem.

Also in Redmane castle theres a duo boss I got stuck on and decided to go do Liurnia instead and started Ranni's quest. When I went back to Redmane the duo was gone and the festival started. Had that happened to anyone else? Got to skip them and go strait to Radahn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Also in Redmane castle theres a duo boss I got stuck on and decided to go do Liurnia instead and started Ranni's quest. When I went back to Redmane the duo was gone and the festival started. Had that happened to anyone else? Got to skip them and go strait to Radahn.

I think it might be a mix of quest status and/or time of day? I first went there for the festival, and later felt I should have looted the place better. Went back to loot the place later (post Radahn fight), entering from the bridge for a full tour, and was shocked to find that there was a different boss.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

AlphaKeny1 posted:

In north Caelid kinda near the divine tower theres a chasm far below that leads to some kinda castle with a giant pot dude standing in front of it. If I follow the chasm I see some kinda building with a lost grace in front. How do I get down there?

I tried reaching from the other side from the red swamp and it's a dead end, although I did find a cave there with a sweet emblem.

i think you can get down from the north north-east side but the building you saw down there is an elevator from siofra river so you can also come that way

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Oneiros posted:

i think you can get down from the north north-east side but the building you saw down there is an elevator from siofra river so you can also come that way

Thanks! Looks like I'm headed there next anyway. Took a detour to the divine tower after Radhan and was curious how to get down there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm pretty convinced after like 3 100k souls fights that Tiche is the best ash summon in the game. Mimic is neat, but Tiche legit solos and lives better than anything, even you.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

YoshiOfYellow posted:

What the everloving hell did I just go through?

Exploring around the Capital and found a whole big sewer area. I go down through there and end up in some catacombs that pull some loving Silent Hill infinite loop psychological horror on me until I finally just go backwards and the door at the entrance is open despite no lever being pulled... and my reward is just a loving Rune Shard 11??? What is happening???

That dungeon was a mindfuck. I was so impressed. Also, down in the sewers resides the strongest, most dangerous character in the game, so beware.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Hunt boars and make bone ballista bolts?

I hadn’t even noticed I had the recipe to make those. Thanks!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Where can I find a site of grace near the northeast part of Liurnia, with the madness tower and frenzied village? After dying to tower -> the giant because I hosed up -> the invasion and having to run aaaaaall the way from the Church of Bellum each time, I am so sick of running back.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Went and ran around random PvP spots. The Crystal Tunnel that Patches' trap spawns you in is a major hotspot. So I guess people call in their coop buddies and get invaded. Brilliant.

Also, spawned once in the wall and just got slowly whacked to death while my own weapon bounced off the rocks. Sadness.

Somewhat related: Vyke's Spear is the perfect weapon that Hitler dreamed of making. Busted in every possible way.

God i love the vyke spear. Especially if you can snipe the host with eye laser spell while they're fighting another mob, then you can just run up and hit one weapon art for an instant madness proc and huge damage.

On a related topic: Does anyone have any good ideas for stuff to spend runes on as a pvp twink? Obviously leveling and weapon upgrades are right out, but unlike previous games I can't just buy a million firebombs or something since all the consumables are crafted. I killed some poor sap in Stormveil who was carrying 100k+ souls and now they're all mine.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tae posted:

I'm pretty convinced after like 3 100k souls fights that Tiche is the best ash summon in the game. Mimic is neat, but Tiche legit solos and lives better than anything, even you.

Given how awful the fight to get that summon is he better do my taxes too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Insurrectionist posted:

Where can I find a site of grace near the northeast part of Liurnia, with the madness tower and frenzied village? After dying to tower -> the giant because I hosed up -> the invasion and having to run aaaaaall the way from the Church of Bellum each time, I am so sick of running back.

East of the eye of Sauron is a grace

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

JBP posted:

East of the eye of Sauron is a grace

Cool thanks, I didn't spot one when I went over towards the tower

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I've found the best location in the game and it's Jarburg

EDIT: unrelated question, for anyone who might have an answer: does the Bell Bearing Hunter stop invading if you kill Elmer of the Briar?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 6, 2022

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Idk if a +15 katana is "over upgraded" for high 40s, but I've been absolutely demolishing everyone that summons me in PvP.

There's no like, documented matchmaking method right? We have to use trial and error to figure out if weapon level has an impact on who you can get matched with etc?

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew with the redmane castle big fight with all the summons, will I mess anything up too bad by teleporting and doing some other stuff/gaining a dozen levels elsewhere?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Idk if a +15 katana is "over upgraded" for high 40s, but I've been absolutely demolishing everyone that summons me in PvP.

There's no like, documented matchmaking method right? We have to use trial and error to figure out if weapon level has an impact on who you can get matched with etc?

Weapon level definitely has an impact. From was very unhappy with low-level endgame players invading the undead burg and oneshotting noobs with their maxed-out fully upgraded chaos zweihanders and pyro flames, and so in every game since they've added some kind of restriction.

We just don't know how precisely it works or what the matchmaking ranges are etc.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

tildes posted:

What is this route??? I have a weapon I’d very much like to use but the rune cost to upgrade and get stat requirements is brutal.

This thread moves way too fast, but here is a video of the crazy rune farming location.

https://youtu.be/DFlu3c5ekis

However when you get there, don't bother killing the little sleepy guys. If you look down from the grace point there's a giant bird walking around. Hit it with a longbow and it will run forward and run off the cliff and give you 11k runes. Rest at grace to reset and repeat. I've found the best place to shoot from is right next to the first guy sleeping on the cliff side.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Imagine wearing armor for usability instead of fashion souls

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Although I did manage to defeat it eventually, just wanted to share my highlight from the full grown fallingstar beast when I last played:

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

God i love the vyke spear. Especially if you can snipe the host with eye laser spell while they're fighting another mob, then you can just run up and hit one weapon art for an instant madness proc and huge damage.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but part of the busted is that it builds madness even if they dodge you. So you can just poke 4-5 times and it'll proc (will even pull them out of a roll) and then execute them. Disgusting.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I think we just reached critical bullshit with Morgott. 7 hit combos with barely 2 seconds between them, kills you in 2 hits, has area damage, projectiles, one hit kill lunges in the second phase, a bazillion of hp and is incredibly mobile. Did they misplace that boss and meant to put it into bloodborne or sekiro, where you're not slow as gently caress and the combat mechanics aren't 13 years old? Sure looks that way.

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 6, 2022

Quinch
Oct 21, 2008

Capitol city optional area spoiler: at times I was thinking that From software have managed to create the absolute worst sewer level in video game history but drat did it feel satisfying working out how to progress through it. Felt almost like some old dos rpg throwback level.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wellwinds posted:

Find blaidd down there and talk to him
Where about should I find him? I figured I was looking for him, but i never saw him and thought I retraced my way through the area.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I have 70 int, which means I can also do my personal re-enactment of Majora's Mask now. But also, I have gone mad with power in other ways:

That flail is especially stupid. Yesterday an invader thought he was being cheeky with light roll Moonveil spam and I tagged him with Nebula for 1500 damage for a one-shot kill :sickos:

Worth noting that even though Wings of Astel and Bastard's Stars have the same weapon art, the flail's is twice the size and covers a much bigger arc around you. Anyone who is fishing for backstabs after you use it is just going to straight up die.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

Where about should I find him? I figured I was looking for him, but i never saw him and thought I retraced my way through the area.

have you defeated the major boss in caelid yet?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've been hoarding magic scrolls and prayerbooks since I'm a STR character.

If I give all of them to the pope, will he get too powerful? Will I start a turtle schism?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Question on the storyline of the person who upgrades your summons: I got to the part to ask Heweg to apprentice her or whatever, he said no and I picked "Understood" instead of "But she wants you" because it was late and I was tired and I forgot that he was Heweg. Now she's gone and he was doing some sort of prayer and he said something about talking to someone else because it's the least he could do.

Did I just screw myself out of upgrading summons now or do I just wait or is there another way?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I...feel like the Caelid Catacombs are tricking me. Like 3 rooms, a hidden summon, and a boss from the opening area? That's it? Sure I had to navigate a lot of Scarlet Rot but that wasn't THAT hard with the right armor.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
lol some of the mid game catacombs are straight dungeons and dragons shenanigans and I hateloved it

oh! speaking of tunnels. I'm on the dual crystal fight, my anchor's moveset doesn't seem to cut it on them. Seems like the first hit is always tanked and the second does actual damage but if the swings are too slow then it's not in the window. Just use a faster weapon like I think or is there a mechanic I'm missing?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 6, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was loving about in the Divine Caelid Tower and realized that you can goad enemies (including the very annoying, very strong ones) to try and jump at you when you're climbing down a VERY tall ladder, leading to them plummeting past you and smashing into the ground and sending some runes up your way :laugh:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I found a Talisman last night that gives either +40 or +50FP, which feels like a huge amount considering putting points into Mind* gives you 6 per level. Gonna try and find some Talisman that gives -25%FP costs later today, will feel like a real baller then.

*I think that's the right stat name?

Also Seluvus Potion question - Nehli was in the round table but would refuse to take the potion from me. I can't give it to her dad in the next room over, he has no prompt for it. Talking to Seluvus he just tells me to go Do The Thing. I went back to the Roundtable and Nehli was gone. I found her in the Village of Albinacas but she just repeats the same dumb thing about the village over and over and over. What gives??

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oxyclean posted:

He should be over by the horse trampoline. Somebody else mentioned you might need to go and accept Seluvis' quest first before he'll trigger to appear there?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You've got it just fine, go check the table again

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Artelier posted:

have you defeated the major boss in caelid yet?

No; I assumed because the entry point was in Limgrave / they told me to go to Mistwood, it wouldn't be tied to Caelid.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sab669 posted:

I found a Talisman last night that gives either +40 or +50FP, which feels like a huge amount considering putting points into Mind* gives you 6 per level. Gonna try and find some Talisman that gives -25%FP costs later today, will feel like a real baller then.

Also Seluvus Potion question - Nehli was in the round table but would refuse to take the potion from me. I can't give it to her dad in the next room over, he has no prompt for it. Talking to Seluvus he just tells me to go Do The Thing. I went back to the Roundtable and Nehli was gone. I found her in the Village of Albinacas but she just repeats the same dumb thing about the village over and over and over. What gives??

Do the village then give it another go. I gave it to her after that.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Sab669 posted:

If you haven't, kill the boss of that area. She will move back to Roundtable, under the stairs below the blacksmith. Then you can continue with the potion quest.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Malenia’s second phase seems absolutely impossible. I spent two hours with the fully upgraded bloodhound fang and fully upgraded mimic tear and never got more than 10 seconds into her 2nd phase before being one shot from full health (50 vig) to instant scarlet rot death. No idea what to do in this fight aside from get out of the radius of the flower attack but even that doesn’t help much because as soon as I’m able to get close again she just does it again.

Not a lot of opportunity to learn how to deal with it if it kills me instantly. It’s the first part of the game that actually feels cheap.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shoutouts to Roderika, Heweg, and the dead bodies that sell me stuff in roundtable hold

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GutBomb posted:

Malenia’s second phase seems absolutely impossible. I spent two hours with the bloodhound fang and mimic tear and never got more than 10 seconds into her 2nd phase before being one shot from full health to instant scarlet rot death. No idea what to do in this fight aside from get out of the radius of the flower attack but even that doesn’t help much because as soon as I’m able to get close again she just does it again.

Not a lot of opportunity to learn how to deal with it if it kills me instantly. It’s the first part of the game that actually feels cheap.

1) Ice
2) A good summon like mimic or tiche
3) If wizard drink the infinite FP flask and do 2/3rds of her hp at the start of the phase with a nonstop kamehame comet blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Novasol posted:

If you haven't, kill the boss of that area. She will move back to Roundtable, under the stairs below the blacksmith. Then you can continue with the potion quest.

Ah I killed the boss of that area long before starting this, I'm pretty sure. I'll check downstairs...