Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

loquacius posted:

Question RE Corhyn

I solved his riddle in Leyndell, but didn't find him in Mountaintops. I just finished Farum Azula, and realized I should probably make sure his quest is done, but I just checked the bridge in Mountaintops and neither he nor Goldmask appears to be there. Did I gently caress up by not finding them there before doing Farum Azula or is there something else I need to do or am I all good to try to find the last quest point in Leyndell again?

You solved the riddle, but did you tell Goldmask (not Corhyn) what the solution was? I almost missed progress by assuming there was no point talking to the living mummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Blue Labrador posted:

You don't get Varre's Boquet if you kill him when you first meet him in the early game, which really upsets me. It's not even good! Let me have my wacky Arcane hammer early on for gimmick runs at least.

It annoys me that to get that weapon I had to gently caress up my eye coloration. I liked my dragon eyes, drat it.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Ravenfood posted:

You can. Check you Fia's mirror in Roundtable.

No, you can't. You can toggle odd eyes on or off, not choose which odd eyes you have. Dragon eyes get overwritten by blood eyes get overwritten by frenzied flame. It sucks.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Darth Walrus posted:

Huh, turns out that using Ekzykes's Decay to infect Malenia with the Scarlet Rot is not only possible, but advisable. That plus frost from Borealis's Mist really shuts down her lifesteal.

Back when I was working through her first phase, spending time trying to get through it with minimal use of resources so I'd be prepared for phase 2, I was frustrated and amused to realize I could just throw dragon puke on her and be in phase 2 within 20-ish seconds.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Guillermus posted:

Pest Threads own and gently caress up dragon's heads. I wish I had a spell like that back in DS3 for Midir.

Pest Threads are insane. Killed Placidusax before it even get to phase 2, and defeated the Elden Beast on my first attempt thanks to that incantation.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Epic High Five posted:

You can change it back in Fia's mirror if ya like

No, you can't. You can turn weird eyes on or off, not pick which weird eyes you use.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

turn off the TV posted:

im p sure that the needle lets you have dragon eyes again

The needle reverts your weird eyes to whichever you had before taking the flame. The mirror, which is what was being mentioned, only lets you toggle wacky eyes on or off. It still keeps the hierarchy of dragon < blood < flame.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
I am surprised Rune Bears don't stay dead, like those giant lions.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Darth Walrus posted:

They're the toughest respawning enemies in the game - usually intended to be avoided, not fought.

Look, if the game that has me kill two thirds of the holy trinity didn't want me to kill something, it shouldn't have put it in the game.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Annath posted:

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Renalla's amber egg is her child. It's just the vessel for the Rune given to her by Radagon.

If I remember right, there used to be an infant in it that was removed prior to release.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

dialhforhero posted:

Ranni not accepting Celestial Dew is funny to me though, because it’s like you can forgive murder, treachery, genocide, infidelity, and destruction of the Order…

But the line in drawn at sex doll.

Celestial Dew does work for this, unless it's been patched out in the last year.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Steve Yun posted:

She just needed that big bed for all the acrobatic sex with Godfrey where he would throw her around

Godfrey learned about the full nelson and decided to experiment with and invent a slew of other wrestling-themed moves. Trying to refine The Suplex is what caused their divorce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

You can go switch to the eye effect you want at the magic mirror I'm pretty sure

No, you cannot. You can swap between "weird eyes" and "normal eyes," not what kind of weird eyes you want. Flame overwrites blood overwrites dragon.