Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

huh posted:

A couple of new attributes, most are taken from the souls games

gently caress, its Adaptability again, isn't it?

huh posted:

You can fight this boss with a character that looks similar to Siegward, although it is probably not him

Siegmeyer confirmed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

You could always use an undead hunter charm to stop chugging, they’re not just for mimics.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Combat with the human-ish enemies looked to be more DS1 pace than DS3. Pot Guy is the new Sieg! Can’t wait to meet the new Patches.

My hype level for Elden Souls is extremely high.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Volte posted:

Bloodborne was also initiated by and co-developed with Japan Studio and they're gone now. I don't think FROM will ever be revisiting it themselves.

Not like From Software to revisit a game made with another company that they don’t fully own the IP to, say under a slightly changed name for legal reasons.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

ymgve posted:

When you pause the game, there are some shortcuts in the upper right where you can place quick use items, and summons act like an item. You can then hold triangle and press one of the dpad directions during gameplay to use those shortcuts.

Pause the game? What sorcery is this?

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Where are the dwarves in dark souls?

Wheelin and dealin

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

3 is going to be the most Elden-like, with focus points and weapon arts, and probably just in general because it’s the latest capitol S Souls, but if you think you might ever want to go back and play DS1, it would better to just start there.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Forget Majula, time for crab

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The only leaks I'd be interested in are what fashion choices there will be, so I can start planning my outfit(s)

:hmmyes:

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Said someone who is not Alexander.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I, on the other hand, wanted to have a look around this kiln of the first flame before I made any decisions, took a step too far and it’s all “hail dark lord” I’m not complaining, mind you.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Gotta preorder to get in on the triumphant return of the “Well, what is it?” gesture.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Peter Serafinowicz (Mild Mannered Pate) did say Dark Souls was Legend of Zelda, but in hell.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

hatty posted:

You can see the knights face in the starting armor preorder cancelled

There should be an ash of war to flip down the visor with an accompanying "yeeeeaaaaahhhh" sound effect.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Turns out is was a typo, Miyazaki actually said poisson swamps, temporarily slipping into French. Elden Ring is going to be chock full of fishing minigames.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Baggot posted:

I thought it was Strength now.

The team played Death Stranding and realized you should be able carry a lot more as long as it's distributed smartly, so they've changed it to intelligence.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm nearing 40 and I've never been as excited for a video game in my life.

I'm nearing… nevermind, it's not important. But when I was a kid working my first job I was mad with anticipation over the release of the Predator video game for the NES. I mean the movie ruled, so obviously this was going to be the best video game ever. lol. lmao.

Best part is the only place in my small town that had it on release day was way out at the far edge next to farm fields and I had no car, so it was like an hour's hike. Walking home in the dark I missed a turn, got completely lost, and had to walk across a train trestle to get back into town.

I'm about that excited for Elden Ring.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

If you’re watching the red bull stream, tag yourselves.
Loathsome Dung Eaters, all.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I’m not watching anymore, having a learned all I needed: that Elden Ring is all about serving two fingers to the mad taint.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Oenis posted:

They're called The Lands Between, but between what exactly?

I think this is covered in the intro when the narrator tells of the mad taint.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

gently caress yes, adequate rewards

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Gunshield? Shieldgun? !

Glimpse fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 22, 2022

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

i read that you can catch Diarrhea in the poison swamp in this one.

Someone’s got to feed the loathsome dung eater, you know?

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Oh god, the Bloodborne belt lantern is such a qol improvement. Remember when all we had was skull-lamps or head maggots? Miyazaki is getting soft.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

BBQ Dave posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Hite

Could this be a reference?

Likely dead end.

Had the same thought. We know Miyazaki is into TTRPGs so it wouldn't be out of the question.

Ninjedit:

https://twitter.com/kennethhite/status/1502865336789524482

Glimpse fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 16, 2022

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

God, I hate Ancestral Followers and their 360 noscope unlimited range sniper bows.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Nuebot posted:

There's a few neat things about the opening that stand out a lot more after you've played the game. The one that made the most things click for me was when it shows Gideon, his sarcophagus is full of ears. Latenna mentions the one responsible for killing her wolf bore a large number of ears. And once you get the half of the medallion from Albus, Ensha mysteriously "goes crazy" and tries to kill you. Meanwhile gideon is absolutely obsessed with knowing where all the pieces of the elden ring are.

Didn’t occur to me until this moment that the guy’s name is literally off’n ear.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

skasion posted:

It’s a magic alignment of great runes that defines and represents the divinely ordained structure of the world. At present, this is the religion of the Golden Order, but this order has been broken by direct damage to the Elden Ring, and the Ring was different in the past and could be different again in the future depending on how we restore it.

It's pretty funny that the Elden Ring isn't, like, an actual ring that you wear but the powers that want to control it are represented by fingers. Like they didn't know what it was either, just heard the name and showed up all like "Oh, I heard you had some kind of ring? Yo check this out, FINGERS! Wouldn't it be weird if it fit? Let's try it out. C'mon. Just the tip?"

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Robobot posted:

Hello thread, I’m about to throw the next 48 hours of my life into this game and just wanted to check in to find out if there’s any starting tips or things I can miss in the beginning that could screw up a first playthrough?

Not really looking for plot advice or anything, but more so “don’t walk away from characters while they’re talking or you won’t be able to upgrade your equipment” kinda things.

Try jumping.
(apparently that’s covered by a popup now, but do get in that hole)

Sometimes there are extra options on the site of grace menu or when talking to npcs, don’t sleep on them.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Darkwraith noticing his armour for the first time (and his soul stealing hand) “are we the baddies?”

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i've never hosed with the armored core stuff, is that post apocalypse?

Horace Kinch posted:

Not really. It's very futuristic. Tldr you're a mercenary amd you take jobs for megacorporations and rich people and you have a super customizable mech.

It is, though. In Armored Core everyone lives underground because the surface of the earth has been rendered uninhabitable by nuclear war. At some point they go to Mars because Earth is so hosed, and then later maybe there's another apocalypse or two.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

The thing about the souls borne games is also that you're always stuck in some world that's got this war sort of frozen in amber. At least in the sort of central part of the game. Though... who were all those hollows in dark souls 1 fighting? What war happened in the undead burg?

Could have just been a disagreement about who was going to be in charge since the gods all hosed off and the only kings around were under water, could have been like the Balder knights or someone else looking for a place to sit out the end of the world.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I thought Roderika’s thing was that as a tarnished she was meant to challenge Goderick (and the other demigods, claim the Elden Ring, become Elden Lord etc), but knew she wasn’t up to the task, and getting broken into parts the certain result.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

She straight up asks you to say hi to the other grafting prospects if you see them, doesn't she? She's definitely on her way to sacrifice herself for whatever the hell Godrick is trying to do

Charliegrs posted:

Anyone know where I can get some good tanky armor early in the game? And by early I mean I've just reached Raya Lucaria. I'm still stuck with mostly my stock armor (I don't remember the class I started with it's the unga bunga class) I'm just not coming across anything that isn't like dex or mage build armor it's frustrating.

Huh. I’ll have to pay more attention when I do a second playthrough (still haven’t finished my first so it may be a while).

Glimpse fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 16, 2022

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

DLC is going to be like, here’s another one of those deep-rear end elevators, but this one goes up.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

they're just sleeping

They’ve gone to a farm in the weeping peninsula.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

DaveSauce posted:

Stupid question, but how do I get better at combat?

At about level 23, astrologer build. Got a slightly better sword off a godrick soldier…

…Often they're guarding so it does peanuts for damage. Rinse/repeat until I run out of FP and get beat to death.

The straight sword weapon art opens shields right up.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Very early in my playthrough I was getting rocked by a Night’s Cavalry when it charged right off a cliff. I laughed out loud, but the fall didn’t kill it, and it just teleported back to its starting position as they do when you get too far away, then got back to stomping me. :lol:

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

No Dignity posted:

His name isn't Mogwyn, he's called Mohg in both fights!

Shoulda been Mormog imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

My internet is sometimes kind of spotty and whenever I’ve lost my connection I’ve got booted back to the menu screen.