Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I suck at games but got through DS 1&3 by being an enormous coward who hid behind the biggest, thickest shields I could find and slowly whittling down baddies (and dying a lot). 1000% worth it because the worlds were just that beautiful.

Will this l33t strat work in ER? Because I can't time a parry to save my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

hazardousmouse posted:

we call them glory holes, sweetie

Glad to see that GRRM had a real impact on this game.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Just a few hours in, and I'm enjoying it, but the first area just doesn't feel very Dark Souls to me (at least the outdoor parts, the interiors I've seen are great). What's with all these animals that aren't undead, cursed, or even visably diseased? And I'm picking fruit? I hope future zones will feel more gloriously ruined. Or maybe they're trying to show us a world that isn't quite as fallen (or hasn't been fallen as long) as DS1&3.

Not super into the horse yet, either. But that's not a big deal; I just don't use it much.

On the plus side, the new block-counterattack thing is amazing for me, the guy who hides behind shields because he can't parry or dodge for poo poo.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Does holy damage not permakill skeletons anymore? I have a Lordsworns Sacred Straight Sword that does physical and holy, and these drat skeletons in the Deathtouched Catacombs keep reanimating unless I kill them while they are popping back up (and sometimes even if I do).

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

And there was nooooooooooo doubt about it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

gently caress Radahn.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

The Little Kielbasa posted:

gently caress Radahn.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I figured out that you can resummon guys and started doing better, but definitely upwards of 40 trys at this point.

I swallowed my pride, popped a furlcalling finger, and...is not being able to mount during this fight when you summon some jolly cooperation intended? :darksouls:

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 7, 2022

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Zore posted:

Summoning a real person anywhere disables mounting presumably because the netcode is barely holding together as is.

I get it but, drat, it really sucks for Rodahn in particular.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Does levelling up a weapon improve the efficacy of spells the weapon casts? For example, will the Night Comet on a Sword of Night and Flame +1 do more damage than the Night Comet on a base SoN&F?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

As someone who likes falling off things, I appreciate the absence of a grace point at the beginning of Nokron. Deeply enjoyed running down the meteor hole 8 tines.

(Elden Ring has made me soft for even expecting there to be one)

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

blue squares posted:

I can't beat Radahn and its making me want to quit the game.

I was also stuck until I respecced to cast Rotten Breath, (a dragon communion spell that causes scarlet rot). He's super vulnerable to rot, so you pretty just need to hit him with it once in each phase while otherwise riding around to resummon your guys and avoid his BS.

The other option is is to get good, but gently caress that.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Popete posted:

Also as my starting item I picked the shrimp, I accidentally used them all before I realized what I was doing and now they are just gone? Did I gently caress up picking shrimp?

This is the purest thing I've ever read.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Is there a way to remove all waypoints from your map? I have an old waypoint that I absolutely cannot find to remove and it's driving me nuts.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

IronicDongz posted:

if you mean the blue markers, just place as many as you can somewhere else and the old one will get replaced. then you can delete them all

Thank you!

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

After getting whipped by the final story boss for a couple hours last night, I broke down and picked up hoarfrost stomp and ground enough runes to make a +24 katana to put it in. Then I went to sleep.
:darksouls:

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Are most people really stopping at level 150? If like to broaden my character (I don't really like playing alts) but I don't want to end up where there's no multiplayer.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

gently caress this jumping BS to get the fingerprint shield.

e: just got it. Whine and ye shall receive.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 18, 2022

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Woo-hoo, Melania finally knows defeat! I thought that would be the one fight I wouldn't be able to do in this game because I'm very dependent on blocking. But me and the mimic just roasted her up with our Blasphemous Blades (after many, many failures).

Just two remembrance bosses left (I think) and they don't seem to be quite as hard. But we'll see.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 19, 2022

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

The game was running smoothly for me until the latest patch, and now I get occasional hitches where the screen freezes for a second or two. Anyone else having this problem?

RTX 3080 laptop gpu.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Just beat the big boss! Lord's Divine Fortification was the MVP, with Tiche a close runner-up.

My character was also there.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

I'm gonna feel like an idiot if the answer is "yes" but is there any way to tag items as favorites or do custom sorts? It'd be so nice to be able to quickly find the 10 or so items I use regularly without scrolling through the scores of items I can't get rid of because I'm a hoarder.

(you can sort of hack it by upgrading all the armaments you use situationally and sorting by attack power or damage negation, but that's clunky for armaments and doesn't do anything for armor)

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 23, 2022

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

FishMcCool posted:

I've been wondering about that. Does the Ranni sign on the ground not show up if you have the frenzied flame but did her quest? The frenzied flame does prevent all 'mending' ends, but not sure if it prevents Ranni.

Her sign does not show up if you've done her quest and frenzied flame. But if you go cure the frenzied flame situation with the needle before you pick an ending, her sign appears.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 23, 2022

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

FishMcCool posted:

You should have an option to send items to storage. That's a great way to declutter your weapons inventory to the bare minimum.

Holy poo poo I'm an idiot. I've played this game over 100 hours (plus DS 1&3) and never thought of the chest as for anything but consumables over the carry limit. Thank you and goon bless.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

I would absolutely adore an alphabetical sort as the completionist in me takes over.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Oxyclean posted:

At the least, the default sort groups stuff by category, which should suffice for weapons and spells, or at least I think I saw the wiki sorting stuff the same way.

It's more of a pain for ashes and especially ashes of war.

Trash Trick posted:

this just happened and it made me extremely proud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5QXsU5sPKQ

A thing of beauty.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 25, 2022

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Did I screw up my ability to (spoiler involving Dung Eater and an npc in Three Sisters) buy the Dung Eater puppet by visiting Seluvis's creepy basement and taking to him about it before giving the portion to the Dung Eater? I have since given the potion to the Dung Eater, whose body is now visible in the creepy basement. But Selvius still only has the Finger Maiden and Jarwright puppets available.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

I'm in a farming kind of mood for some reason; got the magma blade, octopus helm, and bubble greathorn today. Anybody have some ideas on other rare drops that are useful/interesting/cool-looking?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Dirk the Average posted:

Nepheli is pretty good at the dual wield axe smashing thing, but I think we only get to see her fight once, sadly (unless you're some sort of monster).

That's odd, because I can see her any time I'm in a summoning area

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I've cried so much that my Millicent's Prosthesis has almost rusted through.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Farming the unaltered banished knight armor was a pain in the rear end, but it looks fine as hell.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

The Anime Liker posted:

There's a really neat way to make them never show up.

Those dudes in cages suspended from the rafters are summoning their ashes. If you snipe them with a ranged weapon there are no ghost knights.

Holy poo poo!

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Did the patch change anything about the fingerprint shield, greatshield talisman, or guard boost generally? I swear I was getting 0 endurance loss on blocks before but am now losing a little bit with every block with the talisman and +25 shield equipped.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

I would pay full price for a DLC that did nothing but let me sort poo poo alphabetically.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

genericnick posted:

Just give me a search window like warframe has.

I'm trying to keep the fantasy semi-reasonable.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Professor Beetus posted:

The game when you use a stonesword key for the 200th time: please acknowledge that the stonesword key was lost with use by specifically hitting the y button, and until then I will physically stop you from defending yourself from whatever was behind that door you just opened.

Haha yes. I love dying because the game won't let me swing or block until I affirmatively acknowledge the crucial fact that I can't pick up any more bolts.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

I just finished collecting every weapon in the game (black bow was the last one). I have a pretty high tolerance for farming, so it wasn't too bad. And it's fun to check out all the moves and skills personally. The only really annoying part was the Watchdog Greatsword because gently caress those loving fuckers. Thought about doing shields too but, after farming the perfumer's shield for a while, realized that I don't hate myself quite that much.

With that finished, I think I'm done until dlc is released. Maybe I'll finish the NG+5 I'm on now to see the basic ending (the only one I've missed) but I'm not really feeling it.

Part of me still wishes we'd gotten DS4 instead but, drat, what a great loving game this is. Over 200 hours in and enjoyed every one of them (excepting the ones I spent getting stomped by watchdogs). I'm envious of people who haven't finished yet because they still have new Elden Ring stuff to experience and I don't :(

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 7, 2022

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Lord_Magmar posted:

We’ll obviously fight Miquella Marika and Godwyn in the DLC.

Jar Bairn, having assimilated the bodies and powers of every other boss in the game, is the only choice for final DLC boss.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Most important discovery in the game to date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gABpFUs4PPs

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Just replayed ds1 and am working on a ds3 run now. I agree that the bosses in ds1 are slow and mostly easy compared to elden ring, but I think I've wiped as many times to Nameless King and Twin Princes as I did on any elden ring boss except Melania and maybe pre-nerf Radahn.

Disclaimer: I'm extremely bad.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 1, 2022

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

War Wizard posted:

What is with the hitbox for ball-bearing hunters. Holy hell. Now that I have to fight one "fairly" it's clear that this enemy is the most bullshity of them all. A weird grab that works from across the room, no room between any attacks, never flinches, has to be parried twice, has 5 similar wind-ups. At least Crucible Knights leave openings and have seemingly normal hitboxes.

A fingerprint shield and a godskin stitcher (or something similarly pokey) solves a lot of problems in this game, including BBHs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Just did another playthrough after taking some time off (to replay DS1&3-I need help) so I can say I've done all the endings on one character. Did they buff Millicent? She *obliterated* her sisterswith almost no help from me, which is not at all how I remember that fight going down before.

Also, no love to the sadist who put that ulcerated tree spirit in the little rot pool right there. I felt no guilt at all tooting bubbles down on that fucker from the ledge.

Except for MELANIA, BLADE OF MIQUELLA, I think my #1 cause of death this run was that damned murderbear with the larval tear in the snowfield. Bastard always gets me. I wanted to skip it but my sad gamer brain wouldn't let me pass on a limited item I might want to use someday (I'll never use it; I have 84 larval tears in my inventory. But, like I said, I need help.)

Angry Diplomat posted:

e: also you could adopt Rya and be her mom or dad and tell her she's got nothing to be ashamed of :shobon:

There is nothing I wouldn't do to get this ending.