Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
If you wanted this game to come out like a year later, maybe. Holy poo poo I can't believe people are complaining about the visuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I honest to god hope there is no minimap at all, or it's a cumbersome paper map that takes like 10 seconds to unfold and pauses the game.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

imagine the swamp map it's just miles and miles of foggy swamp, that probably also poisons and slow walks you.

There's a glowy item on the opposite side and when you get there it's a homeward bone

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Adding my ‘lol’ re: that post

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I think about living in the brains of people who are already complaining and it makes my head shudder uncontrollably.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Full interview with Miyazaki:

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-miyazaki-hidetaka-full-interview-summer-of-gaming

I'll probably never again be as hyped for a game as I was for MGSV but Im getting close.

Lol I'm right there with you. My hype levels are reaching MGSV status and I'm worried

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I don't think it's been pointed out yet ITT that invasions are only possible against co-op players:

https://fextralife.com/elden-ring-new-gameplay-breakdown-impressions-mechanics-revealed-multiplayer-pvp-armor-weapons-stats#pvp

quote:

PvP: The Big Surprise
PvP works much the same way as in Souls games, allowing players to invade the game world of others in most locations in Elden Ring. You can also place a dueling stone down, like you could in Dark Souls 3, in those cases you want to challenge other players directly.

Initially it was made clear there would be no mounted combat in PvP, but what was confusing was that you could be invaded on the over world so how would that work if players were already mounted. Well now we know the answer to that question!

Invaders will never invade a mounted player, because players cannot be mounted in cooperative play. That is to say, you can only invade players that are cooperating, not players who are alone. (Of course there’s a duel item for those who wish to summon invaders)

This is a controversial decision to be sure, and one that will likely send more than a few hardcore PvP players over the edge, but one that From Software was quick to clarify has not been finalized. If I had to guess, I’d wager they may want to see how the community responds to the news, to gauge whether they are more for or against this change. I’d urge those who have something to say about it to post in the comments, as it is very likely these will be read by either From Software or Bandai Namco in order to gather information regarding this topic. If you do opt for giving feedback, remember to provide options and alternatives rather than demand things be made as before.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I’m excited to Try Jumping

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

huh posted:

Binoculars are in the game

Oh poo poo

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I think it’s funny when people get salty about getting invaded

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

huh posted:

Also apparently there will be gameplay footage on Friday (US time presumably).

So is this happening today? What's the source on this?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I thought dark souls 1 was a pretty dull game but I played it after all the later games so that probably colored my perception a bit

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Oh man I forgot about gestures. I hope they expand on them in elden ring, I want to do a fortnite dance after smashing my opponent with a greathammer

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

No because co-opers are bad. Red man still bad.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Wonder what kind of rear end in a top hat flying creatures will attack you on that bridge

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

BotW with the Fromsoft approach sounds like the perfect game to me

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Looks like you can get that huge fuckin dragon head the boss uses as a weapon. Fashion looks sick too, love that mage's getup

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

oh sure another copy-paste souls boss? whatever

one does not simply drive into Lothric

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

It's weird that cooperators are red now?? What color will invaders be?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/IronPineapple_/status/1456346732057534472?s=20

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I was watching saint_riot's twitch stream reaction to the gameplay and he pointed out how loud and annoying the estus chug sound effect is and now I can't unhear it even though it didn't bother me at first

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Melt the wax seal to access the gooey center

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Shields are lame and bad but I didn't parry in any Souls game.

If you’re not always two handing a big hunk of metal or wood, what are you even doing

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Actually forget Alexander, bird with knife feet is my new best friend

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I found a nice crafting material farming spot and I’ve been killing the same hog over and over for 57 hours straight

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

bop bop perano posted:

But this is something you might actually end up doing (if you want to), since there is crafting and there's all sorts of animals, like deer, birds, etc. and the crafting screen showed 'thin animal bones' as one of the items needed to make arrows.

Uhh yeah I know I’m doing it right now

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I just noticed on the map there's a little picture of a guy in a boat in the water. Are boats in? Is fishing IN?? Are our dreams about to come true???

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Didn't apply. Getting to play a bit would've been torture for me.

same. everyone who plays the network test is a fool or a masochist

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Watching the Vaati video it looks incredibly easy to just run past everything. Should make speedrunning really easy.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The horse looks absolutely busted lol

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

don't worry I hear they're making them hotter in the full release

Good, stay tuned for my erotic fanart

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Interesting to note that summons are only available in certain areas and are disabled for certain bosses, and I think also disabled in multiplayer?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I didn’t totally love the look of the first area, it has this washed out brownish yellow tinge that I find kind of unappealing. Going by the gameplay preview there will be a nice variety to the locales so it’s a pretty minor complaint and I think the game overall looks great.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I’ve been watching it and loving every second of it

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

That kinda sucks since there are only 2 talisman (ring) slots

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

DS2 was my first Souls game and it hooked me hard. When I went back to play DS1 I was pretty underwhelmed, so I actually like 2 more than 1 which seems like an unpopular opinion.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Illusory Wall put out a video explaining a pretty neat feature that I haven't heard talked about : Group passwords. You can set a community password separate from the normal online password, which causes summon signs, messages, phantoms etc to appear different for people in your group and it doesn't block out the general public, so we could set up a goon password and still be able to engage in regular online coop/pvp etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQeIHOOrPdI

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah, DS2 is better than 1&3

I actually like 3 the best :shrug:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

I wish there was a multiplayer Sekiro.

A thousand Sekiros, all parrying each other infinitely, forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Dark Souls has a lot of levels with good ideas but playing it after the later games feels pretty bad. Like the only areas I actually enjoyed playing were the Undead Burg/Parish and Sen's fortress, everything else was kinda boring or just frustrating.