Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Christian vs Angelico 6 6.38%
Bucks and Horace Grant vs Eddie Pack and Penta 33 35.11%
Archer vs Chandler 3 3.19%
Legit vs Beast 8 8.51%
Miro vs Evil 40 42.55%
Team Taz vs Hangman and 10 4 4.26%
Total: 94 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

weird, is this a work tweet or are they doing it for a live crowd of wrestlers? thought they were gonna do a full on pretape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pretty sure it's a work tweet.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jager/Wordlow 1 was awesome, I imagine this will be too. Threads going to be majorly salty when Jake wins but I mean, he's the good guy in this situation in their story at least. Also them being one and one wins wise could lead to a great match on a PPV later on. I got to think Wardlow or Hager will be facing Miro at some point this year.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, this is the blow off the Pinnacle/Inner Circle by having the babyfaces win the one-on-one (and two-on-two) the matches coming out of the big faction battles.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Oh yeah Hager's winning for sure

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1406057895796555777

They are opening with the MMA fight though.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m mad at all of you going to the Charlotte show.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean, its the gimmick match with props, AEW tradition is anything the requires construction in the ring should lead off the show.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I should clarify "in Daily's" because they have to build the props and then take them down for live shows.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mons Hubris posted:

Leading off with Hager? Bold strategy.

I was dreading the thought of it being the main event so knowing it's going to first means the poo poo can get out of the way first so I can enjoy the rest of the show

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think they're probably confident that it's watchable if it's the opening match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Brock wanders into the cage and gets ktfo'd. also poops his capris.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

I think they're probably confident that it's watchable if it's the opening match.

Hager is never watchable for me. He's so god drat boring. Maybe Wardlow will just throw him around like a pizza dough for all 3 rounds. (coward Tony hire Luigi Primo)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hager is never watchable for me. He's so god drat boring. Maybe Wardlow will just throw him around like a pizza dough for all 3 rounds. (coward Tony hire Luigi Primo)

that is how i remember WORLDLOW vsjager 1 and it owned

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

warldow please throw Hager into Brock's Jetta.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

Tony is gonna hire Luigi Mario instead and you're gonna like it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Yea, after years of watching WWE I'm still annoyed with hoss fights. I have to continually remind myself that this is AEW and they know how to use hosses to the best of their ability. Repeating that wardlow vs Hager 1 was good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, after years of watching WWE I'm still annoyed with hoss fights. I have to continually remind myself that this is AEW and they know how to use hosses to the best of their ability. Repeating that wardlow vs Hager 1 was good.

if you need quality hossfights as a cleanser, check out Paradigm Pro's UWFi series and ICW's Pit Fighter series. Both on IWTV. Both have great violent hossoffs.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If Hager doesn't suck it's an eye catching match to start off with.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
How did that first ONE fight end after Dynamite.

Because Hager/Wardlow should end exactly the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3971044
Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3971091

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 19, 2021