Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Christian vs Angelico 6 6.38%
Bucks and Horace Grant vs Eddie Pack and Penta 33 35.11%
Archer vs Chandler 3 3.19%
Legit vs Beast 8 8.51%
Miro vs Evil 40 42.55%
Team Taz vs Hangman and 10 4 4.26%
Total: 94 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do think they might have a bit trouble settling back into a rhythm when they get back on the road, but mostly with regard to timing segments. The Dynamite before DoN was nothing special, but massively elevated by the good crowd, the one after DoN was bad because they'd taped Elevation beforehand and it got hot as hell in Daily's when Dynamite started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Loved the show, but too much talking. I think I've finally hit my limit on the Pinnacle/Inner Circle feud.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nothing truly amazing today but a very solid show all round

- I really dug the storytelling of Eddie slowly winning PAC over during their match and it is just me or is Eddie moving a lot better than he was a couple of months back? I know he was pretty busted when he first got to AEW but it seems that break he got with the injury angle has really helped him find an extra step of pace

- Congrats to Jungle Boy for getting on Botchamania and you know, for all we talk about Jack not having the promo skills when he walked out looking all humble I instantly bought him as a legit top guy

- I never believed Uno was gonna win cause it was a taped show but the Dark Order all coming out to cheer him on was so cute :3:

- I get why they want to give Jade promo time every week but they need to give her some kind of direction cause this is quickly getting stale

- Leyla looked great against Nyla, even though she didn't win you could totally buy it if she did

- Main event ripped and I gasped out loud when Ricky slapped Cage cause son you just hosed up

a cyborg mug posted:

Scoopsgal was wrong. Dynamite was a whole lot better than ok

Plans changed

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

As someone who watched Eddie on the Indies he hasn't looked this good in the last five years or so. I think having a stable, good paycheck has done wonders for him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

:laffo: at 10 making the hardest blind tag ever

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

So much incredible fashion this week. Kenny, The Bucks, The Wingmen. Outstanding!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Absolutely pumped for the in-ring debut of

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Vince is going to hear that Cody is teaming with Brock next week and lose his loving mind

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But more importantly, when do we get to the HOOK station? :argh:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Coward Tony knows that once he unleashes HOOKAMANIA there is no going back.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Vince is going to hear that Cody is teaming with Brock next week and lose his loving mind

If this leads to Vince calling up Lesnar and offering him even more money despite Heyman telling Vince it's not the same Brock it will 100% be worth it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I saw the clip, I amend my statement:

He killed the limo with a forklift! Ole!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Much better Dynamite this week.

Decent opener with Christian Cage and Angelico. Angelico is so smooth and I can't believe that I really dig a submission focused wrestler so much. Lance squash was... funny?

Nyla vs Leyla was cool, loved Hangman/10 vs Cage/Hobbs and skipped the Pinneaple promo (same with Cody's). I liked EgoSky promo (more than the Sting/Darby part tbh). I still don't care about Jade, skipped through that promo and Jungle Boy answering Kenny was decent enough.

Now the better part: The wingmen promo, loving great trios Eddie/Pac/Penta vs Bucks/Cutler. Bucks are great at being scumbags and I loving love Pac being angry all the time, Penta doing his poo poo and Eddie being an amazing brawler. So much fun. And the TNT tittle... We all knew that Miro was going to win, they made us have faith in Evil Uno. Good match showing that Miro is a beast while making Uno look like a wrestler with a lot of heart and wit. The ending smiling and waving to -1 while doing the 'Game Over' submission on Uno was... holy poo poo, perfect.

THE
WINGMEN
MAKEOVER
PROGRAM

loving :laffo:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope we get a repeat of the Darby self hot tag

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lucha Di Apuestas match where if Bononi wins the Honks get to give Cassidy a makeover but if Cassidy wins Bononi has to dress like Cassidy for a month.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mods change my name to Wingmen Makeover Program.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Great Dynamite.

I gotta say, I started dabbling in AEW and really not caring about Hangman, Dark Order, Jungle Boy, Kazarian, or the Bucks, and over even just the last 3 months I've done a 180 on all of the them, to say nothing of all the new stars they are making like Hirsch, Dante Martin, Danny Limelight, JD Drake, Conti, etc.

I really appreciate the way AEW helps me find the spark in characters I don't originally gravitate towards. It speaks to the respect they have for the performers that they want EVERYONE to be over it seems like.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I know we won’t get it, but I’d love if orange just said whatever and let the wingmen make him over for a night

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
If there isn't a King of the Road match at Road Rager, I will be very disappointed.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
A better show than last week. I'm over the Pinnacle/Inner Circle thing. I hope this is finally Cage's turn. Still want nothing to do with Scorpio Sky. I can't care about Cody's feud with Marshall after all 4 guys in the faction have already been beaten. Everything else on the show banged. Leyla is very good and I hope she can get a focused push in 2022. Jade needs something to do. For that matter, so does Shida. She can't just go away after being champion for a year. I like Mox quietly bowing out and Eddie still being a presence on the show. The Bucks don't miss lately.

Rarity posted:

I hope we get a repeat of the Darby self hot tag

Same.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

need some more tournaments. need a round robin.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Cavauro posted:

need some more tournaments. need a round robin.

Agreed. Where is my trios G1!?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Three complaints...

1 - Cody's stuff feels like he's on a completely different show.

2 - Darby/Sting went too long with too much talking over each other.

3 - WHERE THE gently caress IS MY MOLLY DANCE, TONY?!?

Next week - Evans vs. Christian? Maybe? Evans vs. Jungle Boy? Angelico vs Jungle Boy?

The fact that the curtain jerk match could spin off so many potential matches is a strong sign of how AEW books well.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

cody is mad with power thinking he can team up with an anderson and not get turned on. he is eating a spinebuster next week and he has no one to blame but himself

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Three complaints...

Hopefully he will be very soon

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CobiWann posted:

I generally treat Cody's bullshit as if he exists in an entirely different universe from the rest of AEW. Cody treats it the same way, I think.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yeah he is very much swimming in a different pool as the rest. Like, if we get to see a big bunch of the locker room against The Elite, we won't see Cody there at all.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

John Dudebro posted:

cody is mad with power thinking he can team up with an anderson and not get turned on. he is eating a spinebuster next week and he has no one to blame but himself

I mean, he's a big Sting mark after all.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Kirios posted:

As someone who watched Eddie on the Indies he hasn't looked this good in the last five years or so. I think having a stable, good paycheck has done wonders for him.

It really has. I remember him saying that he got a sauna installed in his house after (and because of) signing with AEW. He's also dropped a bit of weight, which means less pressure on his poor knees. AEW has definitely given him the resources to take better care of his body.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Miro's facial expressions during that match were incredible. Every time Uno kicked out he'd alternate between looks of "That's pretty funny" and "How dare you heathen"

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Evil Uno is so distraught he didn't even post in third person.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
The standout to me this episode was Brandon Cutler, that guy was selling everything like death and even had the commentators giving halfway genuine pops of concern as he threw himself around. Great stuff

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ibexaz posted:

The standout to me this episode was Brandon Cutler, that guy was selling everything like death and even had the commentators giving halfway genuine pops of concern as he threw himself around. Great stuff

In other words Cutler has fully embraced his role as a Young Boy.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ibexaz posted:

that six-man was really in the spirit of a pwg tag

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Evil Badman posted:

Evil Uno is so distraught he didn't even post in third person.

I read it not as Evil Uno talking to the audience reading, but as Evil Uno talking to Brodie. I think he’d drop the third person to speak to the Exalted One.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

John Dudebro posted:

cody is mad with power thinking he can team up with an anderson and not get turned on

this is almost as bad as when people talk about wrestlers resigning

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Big takeaways/thoughts inspired by Dynamite:

1) I think Inner Circle is going to sweep the Pinnacle in these matches to set up IC vs Elite. You can lament that The Pinnacle are being made to look like chumps if this happens but you can't have 2 dominant heel factions in the same company. One of them is going to have to eat an inordinate amount of pinfalls. Also the only match they should win is Hager/Wardlow anyway if the big match is going to be MJF/Sammy.

2) This Elite angle is making me hate my favorite wrestlers. They're not doing anything wrong per se, I just got sick of this brand of antagonism a long time ago. Actually strike that, they are doing something wrong. If you want Kenny and the Bucks to never eat pinfalls they're going to need better lackeys to eat them on their behalf than Nakazawa/Cutler. You can't go from 'untouchable main eventer' to 'Dark jobber' in a faction if you don't want the faces to look like total schmucks. You need something in the middle (glares hard at Good Brothers).

3) Hangman is still a big story beat away from beating Kenny. The beat is 'ok, what will make him want to fight Kenny?' Because 'Anxious Millenial Cowboy tranquillo' won't quite cut it in what should be an amazingly intense feud.

4) Holy poo poo Miro. This is the best monster heel booking since Matanza. Miro eating the legacy move for breakfast and breaking Uno in front of all his friends is just chef's kiss the kind of antagonism I'm here for. I know for some this was not for them and that is completely valid. There's no argument to be made; it's a simple matter of alternate perceptions of the same stimuli. I'm not going to repeat the whole "WWE wasted him" schtick because WWE did exactly what they wanted to with him...which is 'nothing'. And now they can eat poo poo while an outsider eats their company from within.

5) The Dark Order's journey to win the TNT title back is going to be a long one I feel. Maybe they triumph over MIro, I'm not sure. My issue is that nobody in DO passes muster in that regard. None of them feel like a big enough deal to be TNT champion. Silver's popular but in a super popular comedy midcarder way. He's The Hurricane during the Hollywood Rock era. They seem to be pushing 10 to be that guy but frankly even among young hosses he's no Will Hobbs and maybe not even a Nick Comoroto. I see nothing in him that could credibly beat Miro or be TNT champion. Not yet anyway.

6) I know this whole Nightmare Family/Factor thing is just a vehicle to get their trainees Dynamite time but aside from Agogo they're all Dark talent at this point.

7) Hot Take: So isn't Jade Cargill. She's an A+ tier star presence but merely middling to good' at everything else. Which is amazing so early into her career but she doesn't need to be on Dynamite every week when the former year-long champion has been side-plated. I have no idea what Mark Sterling adds to the equation other than being a slightly better promo.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

flatluigi posted:

this is almost as bad as when people talk about wrestlers resigning

Hubba hubba

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

3) Hangman is still a big story beat away from beating Kenny. The beat is 'ok, what will make him want to fight Kenny?' Because 'Anxious Millenial Cowboy tranquillo' won't quite cut it in what should be an amazingly intense feud.

Feels like the obvious answer is that Kazarian's alliance of pissed off vets is going to fail against The Elite and it's going to be up to one of the young ones (Hangman) to get the job done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Hangman couldn't get the job done against Jericho.
He lost the number one spot after losing to Brian Cage.
He's the one that lost their tag belts.

How can he challenge the Belt Collector?