Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Christian vs Angelico 6 6.38%
Bucks and Horace Grant vs Eddie Pack and Penta 33 35.11%
Archer vs Chandler 3 3.19%
Legit vs Beast 8 8.51%
Miro vs Evil 40 42.55%
Team Taz vs Hangman and 10 4 4.26%
Total: 94 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Evil Badman posted:

Hangman couldn't get the job done against Jericho.
He lost the number one spot after losing to Brian Cage.
He's the one that lost their tag belts.

How can he challenge the Belt Collector?

he’s going to shoot him with a gun because he’s a cowboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

Big takeaways/thoughts inspired by Dynamite:

7) Hot Take: So isn't Jade Cargill. She's an A+ tier star presence but merely middling to good' at everything else. Which is amazing so early into her career but she doesn't need to be on Dynamite every week when the former year-long champion has been side-plated. I have no idea what Mark Sterling adds to the equation other than being a slightly better promo.

Lemme preface the following. Jade is amazing considering the limited amount of time she's had, and will be a world beater.

The guy is a good add to jade because her promo skills need a lot of work still. Her delivery comes off as really wooden, and if I had to guess her live stuff is probably worse considering the only live promo she's done thus far was basically calling brandy a bitch and to get out of her ring.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Elevation matches:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1403779130181623808?s=19

Angelico / Sydal will be awesome. Plus a match with Kingston and Arik Cannon??!?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

7) Hot Take: So isn't Jade Cargill. She's an A+ tier star presence but merely middling to good' at everything else. Which is amazing so early into her career but she doesn't need to be on Dynamite every week when the former year-long champion has been side-plated. I have no idea what Mark Sterling adds to the equation other than being a slightly better promo.

We've seen a bunch of squashes, putting her over Red Velvet (bad) and all I can see when she's on a promo is her flexing and whatever thing then "bitch". Her in-ring work is not THAT good compared to others and I have to see what the point is on making her a star when she isn't. If they wanted a Goldberg, at least make her appear every night on Elevation, Dark and Dynamite and wrestle every night for months.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's kind of funny, Cowboy Bebop won the tag belts by Hangman rampaging both Bucks while Kenny was down. They lost the tag belts by Kenny accidentally V-Triggering Hangman and getting thrown out of the ring so Page could eat two finishers and lose. They could give him back his self-confidence just by like, Uno or someone telling him to go back and actually watch his own matches

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jade has presence. She doesn't need to be Goldberg and she isn't, but I enjoy watching her.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m really looking forward to them getting back on Wednesdays so I can make them my Thursday night viewing instead of taking time out of my Saturdays to fit it in.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pinwiz11 posted:

Just got home from watching AAW... I've missed live Pro Wrestling. (And it was great to see Kris Stat in person again.)
I went to an AAW show almost exactly one month before we all went into lockdown last year. Sami Callihan put his hands on me and Stat booped my finger. I had a blast! :haw:

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

ChrisBTY posted:

5) The Dark Order's journey to win the TNT title back is going to be a long one I feel. Maybe they triumph over MIro, I'm not sure. My issue is that nobody in DO passes muster in that regard. None of them feel like a big enough deal to be TNT champion. Silver's popular but in a super popular comedy midcarder way. He's The Hurricane during the Hollywood Rock era. They seem to be pushing 10 to be that guy but frankly even among young hosses he's no Will Hobbs and maybe not even a Nick Comoroto. I see nothing in him that could credibly beat Miro or be TNT champion. Not yet anyway.

The problem is that there hasn't been much in terms of singles matches to build any of them up and to make a match against Miro more believable. Aside from 10, Stu Grayson could be that guy but he would need more of a singles run first.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe Hangman's journey to the world title will include a TNT title pit stop

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

All Hangman needs to do is get back in front of live crowds chanting COWBOY poo poo and he'll be right back on track.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lamuella posted:

Elevation matches:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1403779130181623808?s=19

Angelico / Sydal will be awesome. Plus a match with Kingston and Arik Cannon??!?

& also
Cameron Cole v. Orange Cassidy
Scorpio Sky v. Alex Reynolds
Aaron Solow & QT Marshall v. Deonn Rusman & Joe Keys
Nyla Rose v. Megan Bayne
Jason Hotch v. Wardlow
Shotty Lee & Dustin v. VSK & Travis Titan
Dani Jordyn v. Julia!
Sean Spears v. Falco

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
how many more Friday dynamites will there be? cannot wait for basketball to end

going to be disappointed if Arik cannon doesnt wear the trashbags. there's been a few of his trainees on Dark already.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

2 more I think

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

are we counting saturday dynamites as a subset of friday dynamites?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How should I know

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Wednesday is the only acceptable day for dynamite

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Considering Hangman doesn't have the confidence to go after Kenny off his own back the way I see it is Uno/Stu or Silver/Reynolds earn a title shot against the Bucks leading to the Elite just steamrolling the Dark Order which fires Hangman to go after Kenny for revenge

DeathChicken posted:

They could give him back his self-confidence just by like, Uno or someone telling him to go back and actually watch his own matches

Imposter syndrome doesn't work like that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Miro is the coolest dude in the company

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Imposter syndrome doesn't work like that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Good dynamite ep this week. Bucks are the absolute GOATs. Kenny/JB segment was good. Miro is so cool. Even the Cody segment was fine.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ChrisBTY posted:

Miro eating the legacy move for breakfast and breaking Uno in front of all his friends is just chef's kiss the kind of antagonism I'm here for.
I think the people who took issue with this spot had the wrong read. There's a quote from Jake Roberts where someone asked him what's the difference between his DDT and the ones everyone else does, and he said "They don't get up from mine." And that's the point: A finisher or signature move isn't a catch-all for anyone who does it, the kayfabe idea is that the person who absolutely murders people with any given move has figured out how to master it, cinch it in properly, hit it harder, etc. Evil Uno hasn't; he doesn't have the power behind the move, but more importantly he isn't Brodie. The story they're telling with Dark Order - including the recent tweets about not needing a leader - is that they actually kinda do.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I have to say I am enjoying the Bucks a lot since their heel turn. I know people consider you a crank around here if you care about tag teams blatantly undermining all the rules but that stuff works so much better when they're heels. And doubly so when they're EVPs and you want to know why the referee is just letting all of that stuff go. And that's not to mention how smarmy and arrogant the Bucks are naturally. I couldn't stand them as faces but everything is clicking into place now.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Penguin Patrol posted:

i thought about that, but TNT title seems like too much of a destination, and it doesn't resolve his issues with Kenny

it'd actually be interesting if he did win it and redeemed the Dark Order, had a great run going with it that everyone was enjoying, etc, and was seemingly still depressed or bothered because Kenny still hasn't been dealt with

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't loving stand the Bucks now, which is to say they're doing their jobs perfectly

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

smarxist posted:

i thought about that, but TNT title seems like too much of a destination, and it doesn't resolve his issues with Kenny

it'd actually be interesting if he did win it and redeemed the Dark Order, had a great run going with it that everyone was enjoying, etc, and was seemingly still depressed or bothered because Kenny still hasn't been dealt with

Speaking of which, Kenny's on Impact's PPV tonight and the match is at Daily's. Not sure if they'll be breaking the Belt Collector angle just yet, but they managed to at least make me curious about it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm curious if they'll go the route that has Hangman avenge his other losses, because I think he and Jericho could have a really fun little program with Jericho as the cagey vet who's not ready to be consigned to enhancing younger guys

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

DeathChicken posted:

It's kind of funny, Cowboy Bebop won the tag belts by Hangman rampaging both Bucks while Kenny was down. They lost the tag belts by Kenny accidentally V-Triggering Hangman and getting thrown out of the ring so Page could eat two finishers and lose. They could give him back his self-confidence just by like, Uno or someone telling him to go back and actually watch his own matches

Wright: you should go back and watch why you won and why you lost.

Hangman: why would I watch the show Paul?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Speaking of which, Kenny's on Impact's PPV tonight and the match is at Daily's. Not sure if they'll be breaking the Belt Collector angle just yet, but they managed to at least make me curious about it.

I think Kenny is holding the Impact belt until at least Hard to Kill in October.

Anyway, this is an interesting bit I hadn't picked up on:

https://twitter.com/wrasslinwizard/status/1403602862911889412

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

I think Kenny is holding the Impact belt until at least Hard to Kill in October.

Anyway, this is an interesting bit I hadn't picked up on:

https://twitter.com/wrasslinwizard/status/1403602862911889412

I know some wrestlers who use subtext and they're all cowards

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
as fun as Belt Collector is, watching Kenny w/ Swann was kinda oof because Kenny had at least half a step on him in basically every interaction and it shook the match loose at a few points, but it was still "ok"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pylons posted:

Feels like the obvious answer is that Kazarian's alliance of pissed off vets is going to fail against The Elite and it's going to be up to one of the young ones (Hangman) to get the job done.

There's definitely something poetically interesting about the idea of Kingston and a bunch of other angry veterans immediately stepping up against the Elite and calling out the young wrestlers for being passive, gullible, whatever. At the meantime you have Hangman goofing around and drinking with the Dark Order, all having a grand time. So you tell the story of the angry veterans failing because ultimately the Elite want to make them mad and use that to their advantage. And guys like Kingston turn their anger on guys like Hangman for not caring. And then you shift the focus to the Elite screwing the Dark Order or something and give Hangman a direct reason to start engaging and care.

I mean, who knows if anything like that happens. But it kinda makes sense to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

as fun as Belt Collector is, watching Kenny w/ Swann was kinda oof because Kenny had at least half a step on him in basically every interaction and it shook the match loose at a few points, but it was still "ok"

Swann's a really good wrestler, I dunno what happened there. He got hurt or blew up or something in that match.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I didn’t see the match but sometimes two good wrestlers just don’t click together for whatever reason. It’s kind of fascinating to see really, almost as interesting when two wrestlers do have chemistry

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Heel Bucks somehow one-up themselves every week.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Alaois posted:

i cant believe jake hager is Forklift Certified

I know you're joking but forklift certification is so easy that they might as well not even bother.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Needs to get FORKLIFT CERTIFIED on the back of his fake biker cut

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

magiccarpet posted:

Heel Bucks somehow one-up themselves every week.

They’re amazing. Every single match is great.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Zombie Lemur posted:

I know you're joking but forklift certification is so easy that they might as well not even bother.

wwe had Austin using a backhoe in a ppv main event with no training. he thankfully gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Penguin Patrol posted:

If Hangman vs Kenny at All Out is the destination it would be cool for Hangman to lose to Miro on one of the first road Dynamites for the TNT title, giving you Miro as Hangman's first challenger after he wins the belt. Kenny seems like he has to make one defense between Jungle Boy and All Out and it feels like Hangman would need to take some kind of a loss to explain why he's not the guy to face Kenny first.