Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Christian vs Angelico 6 6.38%
Bucks and Horace Grant vs Eddie Pack and Penta 33 35.11%
Archer vs Chandler 3 3.19%
Legit vs Beast 8 8.51%
Miro vs Evil 40 42.55%
Team Taz vs Hangman and 10 4 4.26%
Total: 94 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1405945895271665664?s=19

Moxanne, Libby Rhodes, and Hija Del Sol AEW's 2041 Trios Champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gavok posted:

What, do you want to keep punching out Brock's tooth while it keeps growing back in an infinite loop?

more like Chronika's fatality from MK11

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It's not like Cody named his newborn something stupid like Hook.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I used to work with a guy named Temperance who was an alcoholic, anyway Liberty is a super dumb name lol cody

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is a great movie tho ngl

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Mox finally answers the most important question in his career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCKY0w2R6A

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Now I have "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" in my head, except I only know half of one lyric (He was the bravest man around)

Damnit Cody :argh:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sounds like you played mars: war logs

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I so rarely read replies on twitter that when I see Meltzer going at it with people genuinely saying "AEW is over, how else do you explain these abysmal ratings??" and drill down to see the conversation happening I'm just amazed that these people exist and that Dave hasn't nuked his twitter account by now. It just very much mirrors the right wing talking points where it doesn't matter how many decades this person has spent studying this specific thing, they're obviously wrong about it because someone else told them a thing they want to believe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the thing is, for the timeslot, AEW is doing great ratings.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

coconono posted:

the thing is, for the timeslot, AEW is doing great ratings.

Yeah they are. These people seem convinced though that if AEW was really doing well that all 1m+ people would just find time or remember to watch Friday.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

How bad that timeslot is really cannot be overstated but reality is a fake idea

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1405952200254308357

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

explosivo posted:

Yeah they are. These people seem convinced though that if AEW was really doing well that all 1m+ people would just find time or remember to watch Friday.

Yeah, if you count DVR viewers it's at something like 1.3 million

people are just out partying or asleep that late on a Friday, which may be lovely for Rampage if that's where it will be slotted, but doesn't say much about Dynamite

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

people are just out partying or asleep that late on a Friday, which may be lovely for Rampage if that's where it will be slotted, but doesn't say much about Dynamite

The first hour supposedly does pretty well (especially for the timeslot) so Rampage should be fine.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

The first hour supposedly does pretty well (especially for the timeslot) so Rampage should be fine.

Yeah, the quarter hours I saw had the first hour in the high 600s before it dropped into the 4s as the show got closer to midnight.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

StarkRavingMad posted:

DVR ratings are only for the :smugdog: crowd. Advertisers don't give a gently caress because ppl will fast forward through their PUBES commercial.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

coconono posted:

DVR ratings are only for the :smugdog: crowd. Advertisers don't give a gently caress because ppl will fast forward through their PUBES commercial.

Normally, I agree with that but here it's relevant as a metric of how many people may still be interested in watching the show live when it moves back to its normal time slot

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Am I reading into stuff that probably isn't meant to be read into, or is the most likely outcome for Darby vs Men of the Year that Lance Archer comes out and is Darby's tag partner, if Darby doesn't just tag himself in again and manage to win solo?

edit: also Moxley needs to do his book's audiobook, 100%

If not him, Kingston

If not either of them, just ten hours of silence, breathing, and the sound of turning pages, then Mox says "Wait, out loud?" and end of the file.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'd guess that either someone helps Darby or he gets his rear end beat and begins to realize that he can't actually do everything by his lonesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

StarkRavingMad posted:

Normally, I agree with that but here it's relevant as a metric of how many people may still be interested in watching the show live when it moves back to its normal time slot

Viewership transference from timeslot to timeslot is a dubious art. That said, once they get to a regular, not competing with horny hours or someone's failed training brand, timeslot they will def get back the million viewers regularly trend.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Every time I predict a gently caress finish they don't do it, but I'm expecting at least one count-out tease.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Darby beating Scorpio and Page by himself seems like a very wwe "hurts them more than it helps him" move so yeah, I'd assume Archer.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STAC Goat posted:

Darby beating Scorpio and Page by himself seems like a very wwe "hurts them more than it helps him" move so yeah, I'd assume Archer.

Sting-Gun is real.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

coconono posted:

Sting-Gun is real.

Darby is a pretty good Douki

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

smarxist posted:

I've heard Kenny's body is pretty much cooked

i mean he looked really uncomfortable just riding in the car in this weeks bte

Rarity posted:

I'm feeling sore from my 2nd COVID jab

excellent. please get stabbed everyone

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1405978624738697217 I love this gimmick.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kenny omega could retire before this year is over. they really need to fast track adam page's push to replace him. aew could be in big trouble if cody comes out of his bubble since he sees himself as a top wrestler and is actually a top draw type of talent. he would become the focus of everything rather than 'his thing'. Gotta be careful

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tip #2: steal content from coconono. call the cops whenever he tries to collect owed money.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Mox finally answers the most important question in his career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCKY0w2R6A

THE LORE OF THE TITTY MASTER

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

It's like poetry, it rhymes

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can't wait for the storyline where Hagar and Jericho hatch a plan to steal that baby in an effort to own the Libs

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The Wednesday Night War is over. AEW's ratings have held constant for over a year and a half; it's neither growing nor sinking in any significant way. So if TNT/TBS is happy then I'm happy.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

The Wednesday Night War is over. AEW's ratings have held constant for over a year and a half; it's neither growing nor sinking in any significant way. So if TNT/TBS is happy then I'm happy.

I am also happy if Ted Turner is, he is my sponsor in AA

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

graph posted:

i mean he looked really uncomfortable just riding in the car in this weeks bte

It really does look like he's burning up whatever he has left so he could end his full-time wrestling career with a bang.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

xbilkis posted:

People are weird about Cody but the guy who loves America to an embarrassing degree and has an America neck tattoo naming his child Liberty is funny, sorry

Cody continues to be the perfect “fun to make fun of” guy because he’s ultimately harmless. He’s like the best possible scenario if you input the personality traits “second generation professional wrestler” “vocal patriot” “self-indulgent” “dummy.” Please do move on from The Factory though
I actually really enjoy Cody when he portrays himself well. Right before AEW, he was this agent of chaos rear end in a top hat in New Japan who caused a Bullet Club schism, and it was a blast to watch. He was even fine in early AEW as workhorse king of the midcard, so I didn't have an issue with him before the current iteration either.

The reason I goof on him now is because I really don't understand what he's trying to do. The Factory feud very abruptly turned him into 2010s John Cena: heavily protected American pride boy scout, right down to the blind troop support and literally the same exact "love me or hate me, your difference of opinion is why AMERICA IS GREAT" bullshit. I guess there's a case to be made that they've been stuck in the deep red South for the past year where his dad made his family's name, so his pandering about racial harmony being an American value via his racism-solving baby might get through to some of those people? But to anyone else watching it's cringey and tone-deaf in 2021, and I don't get the need for that kind of character right now, especially as a babyface.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cody rhodes

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Seams posted:

cody rhodes

first of all, how dare you,

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010