Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

DogsInSpace! posted:

Thank you. So you can’t use thrown weapons without it? That’s a bummer. I’ll finish the train island but I kinda wish I hadn’t bought it now. I know the thrown weapons are a minor thing to most but I liked being able to toss grenades and

You can get different backpacks, right now I'm running around with this one

Paired up with the rifle I got in the same quest, I can see and shoot through walls when I activate its power. This includes vehicles and the drivers thereof. :q:

Also you do a lot of your old leveling up and setting skills and whatnot through the backpack system. Set your gadgets (throwing knives, grenades, etc), then you have little mods that let you carry more of a type of ammo, take less types of damage, etc

I kinda wish you could take it off in cutscenes sometimes, but oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

VanillaGorilla posted:

I’m enjoying this as a general gently caress around game, with one major bone to pick - is it really necessary that as soon as one soldier spots you, like 10 motherfuckers spawn from under every bush and tree? It’s ridiculous.

Yeah that's annoying. I thought it was because of a base having a lieutenant still around but it happens out on the road too.

Evil Canadian posted:

Also the 1887 sawed off starter shotgun is really good and im still using it religiously. You can tell a shooter is good if they have a good shotgun.

The full length one you can buy with the monera money you get doing special op missions is even better

Also lol running around with an SKS and Mosin is silly fun

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

the gloves that let your throwing axes lock onto people whip rear end

Where are these :stare:

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Am I a weirdo for kind of missing Montana and hell even Kyrat. It’s not that the locations or ugly or anything it just feels been there done that in a weird way. I suspect that’s mostly because of jungle settings being very common in FPS and other genres vs Montana.

Nah, both environments were really pretty. Montana reminded me of visiting my grandparents :unsmith:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

I cannot for the life of me remember exactly where I picked them up but if my map is filling out how I think it is, it's going to be one of the caches in the southeast corner of Madruagada, near the tobacco factory. Unless clothing is random, like I suspect guns are. Or you can buy them lol. They're the Dark Tech Gloves.

Yeah I found 'em for sale at a vendor at a captured base, holy poo poo these are hilarious. It's almost like the curve you get throwing weapons in Red Dead with dead eye active :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sylphosaurus posted:

Well, all I can say is that ol´Joseph needed a little extra ventilation. I guess I could have left him with his failure but after that poo poo he put me through in Far Cry 5? Writers pet got himself a bullet

Pretty much. Christofash get shot, I don't make the rules.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LackinPants! posted:

Do you have a link to an article, video, or sound clip regarding the director?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wj7gvn/the-creator-of-far-cry-5-is-worried-the-world-might-actually-be-ending

Also here's one that mentions they brought on some cult expert:

https://www.gameskinny.com/szs8y/the-realities-behind-ubisofts-edens-gate-cult-in-far-cry-5

It's me, I'm the unhappy American! Because when your head dude is believing this poo poo it's hard to go all out with just how loving insidious Christofascism and dominionism is, so we got the extremely watered down oh no we can't u-u-u-upset anyone :ohdear: end product. Incidentally, there are people in my town who are speaking fondly of both, either indirectly without calling it what it is but rather extolling the virtues of theocracy, or outright referring to dominionist theory. And now one of the churches is flying a dominionist flag. So that's cool and good. Love to hear these folks also chatting it up about The Queer/Trans Problem openly with church leaders and town council types, thinking they're purely among friends and sympathizers as they heavily suggest that Something needs to be done about it.

:coolzone:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Um, Beeb, it might be time for you to stockpile some weapons and acquire a Grizzly Bear sidekick, just sayin

Oh, I'm way ahead of you on the former. I'm more of a cat kinda gal tho

See, her face! I no dead today! :3:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kadath posted:

M79 grenade launcher with emp grenades was my go to. Only issue is that there is a minimum distance for grenades before they explode, so you have to be far enough away for them to arm, but close enough to run to the tank and jump on it before the emp effect goes away. The grenade thing is actually a real feature of 40mm grenades though (they have a little internal spinny mechanism that arms the explosive) so thats a cool detail at least.

Yeah that was a fun discovery when I beaned a dude in the head with a 40mm. Suppose that's one way to use the headshots on this weapon give supremo energy mod :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

i must compose posted:

This game stutters bad for seemingly no reason on a R5 3600. Are there settings I can turn down to reduce the CPU load? I heard it's only favoring one core which is dumb.

I also heard that there will be a patch in the future to address this issue maybe? Somebody said it earlier in the thread but I've not heard that anywhere else. I want to believe.

I get consistent stutters whenever I pick up an item. I think it's phoning home to make sure my supply of materials isn't altered? I don't know, it's annoying whatever it is

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

If I have to be the only person to ever go to bat for Far Cry Primal I will. It's fun to be in a different setting, the mechanics work fine, and it's a pretty solid setup. It's also where they introduce the companion thing that was to rave reviews in 5.

And Caveman Hurk is about the only time I've really totally enjoyed that character

Agreed on all counts

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

MadJackal posted:

It's funny, I think Far Cry 6 was way, way too easy and mediocre compared especially to 2, but I still found the core gameplay loop of "shoot everyone in the head, forever" to be pretty fun. It's a shame that you can unlock a one shot perfect aim 4x scoped rifle like 10 minutes into the game though.

I'm honestly considering a replay with just a basic AK-47, a silenced pistol with iron sights, and an unsilenced Dragunov (all with armor piercing ammo, naturally).

Every time I went with a gimmick loadout experimenting with different weapons rather than my perfect head-popping, self-reviving, and anti-vehicle-EMP loadout, I had a lot more fun with the chaos and difficulty.

My main gun was a quiet rifle, but if things went sideways I had the M79 grenade launcher and a lever action shotgun. Like welp gently caress it guess we're doing this loud then :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
If 5 ever got a mod or something that turned it into a little hunting/fishing/survival sim, like you're just some random local ducking the cult and maybe loving their supply lines up off and on to keep yourself afloat, I'd reinstall it immediately.