Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Payndz posted:

Although the final fight against the Big Bad saw me get instantly shot by drones and reduced to one blim of health, hide around a corner to bandage myself up, then come back out just in time for my all-female POC team (gently caress you, former bigshot Ubi guy and your "straight white alpha male heroes only!" bullshit) to kill Walker without my firing a single round.

Hilariously, in Breakpoint it's possible to kill Walker in the intro, dead via headshot when you look down on him over the cliff. You even automatically complete his quest line on the spot and unlock his unique guns. It's pretty funny, IMHO. assuming they didn't patch it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

I was bleeding out on the ground at an enemy checkpoint with maybe one or two enemies left to go, screen starts to turn white and I suddenly stand up and cut to scene where the checkpoint is conquered. Lol guerrilas came through for the win!

Once they actually revived me. One of them was a medic and instead of just dying I hit the ground with a meter for bleeding out and the medic ran over and got me back up. It was at a checkpoint, and it's only happened that one time.

If you upgrade them all the way they pretty seriously gently caress stuff up. They are taking out tanks with little problem for me now.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Too many of the unique weapons only have basic/soft target ammo.

Any soft point only gun may as well not be in the game as far as I am concerned, which anecdotally seems to be over half of them.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

The forced kidnappings happen four times, and it's very foreseeable when they happen. Really not a big deal.

This is bait, folks!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

DogsInSpace! posted:

Hijacking Tanks on new Xbox. It says right stick but I just look around and the tank comes back to life after stunning it with emp nade. What am I doing wrong?

The window is silly short. What I do is EMP the tank, hump on top while looking directly at the closed drivers hatch while mashing the right stick like an idiot. This pretty much works every time for me but I don't even see the prompt a chunk of the time. It's just stick mashing while looking at the hatch while on top of the tank.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Boba Pearl posted:

I just use Boom Boom because it's impossible to figure out where people are when you're color blind.

In the accessibility menu you can turn on enemy outlines and you can make them whatever color you want. You can really change the colors of almost anything. This game is really good to the colorblind and hearing impaired.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Payndz posted:

Guess I've got fully into the game now, I spent 10 real-world minutes driving a tank halfway across the map to my one current vehicle drop-off point, stopping twice to repair it when it just kinda... ground to a halt for no apparent reason. But I was determined, dammit!

Repair Pants are the best when driving tanks. never have to get out, ever.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

The hovercraft race filled with 90+ degree corners was some of the most braindead game design i've seen in a while.

It's really not that bad and you can do the race more or less wide open throttle if you just get used to turning really early. It's basically drifting. Don't turn at the corner, turn way before the corner.

The one on the tank course took me the most tries because I kept getting exploded. That may have been the only one I had to do more than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

my favourite is using a silencer on a pistol blocks the iron sights completely

Just like real life unless your gun is specifically made to use with a suppressor, and has raised sights. Most guns aren't. It's a real thing.