Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Orcs are generally not down with Khorne cause the nuance is different. AoS mentioned that Gorkamorka got a fair number of human worshipers, but most of them fall to Khorne worship as they lacked the subtler understanding of Gorkamorka’s nature. One of the primary things is that Gorkamorka just wants his followers to fight good, he does not really care how they do so. The Orcs understand this and enjoy the acting of fightin for fightin's sake. Khorne meanwhile is all about the bloodshed, hate, and rage. The orcs don't care about those things, they don't feel hate towards the people they are fighting, heck they tend to like people that give them a challenge.

This is indeed a big difference between orcs and chaos, in that Orcs thinks of fighting as something that brings joy and they genuinly believe both sides to be enjoying themselves. That's one of the things that makes them utterly non-human, this almost childlike glee for violence that has no hatred built into it. Khorne, meanwhile, would enjoy a one-sided slaughter of civilians just as much as a fair fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

JBP posted:

Lol I'm watching the goobertown unboxing for dominion. He's a good man.

He's completely right, I have no idea what the purpose of unboxing videos is. I mean, yes, the box contains... what it is supposed to contain? And on the website I can see the same minis painted, but here I can see someone holding up the sprues close to a webcam? Yay?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

i'm holding off on any more AOS stuff because my friend is absolutely insisting we cut our 48" gaming mat to 44" so we can play on a "regulation" table and its pissing me off

Just make a 4" wooden strip and paint it black or something, then put it across one side. No reason to cut a perfectly working gaming mat, especially when GW might just change it again for another reason later on.

Furism posted:

Well they made money from all that time and effort, and they'll make more money by spending more time and effort revamping what they did before. I'm very new to the hobby but it seems to me that's GW's business model?

Don't look into Necromunda, it's ten times worse in that it's a game where you now can have more rulebooks than actual miniatures in your gang.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

Did a Rockgut. Not sure how much I like the colors though. Might have another go.

Troll looking good! The black nails work really well.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

Loving the look of these so far, especially the gator dragon thing. Crossing my fingers that the sloggoth and the Breaka-boss they showed a few weeks back both get the monster keyword.

Id also love to see some heavier infantry and cavalry but they already said there was more stuff coming so im not too concerned.

Not gonna lie, the new gutrippaz and monster mounts are some of the first AoS original designs that I like.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Speed Freeks are ancient. They had army construction rules in the 3rd edition Armageddon book.

Snakebitez, the savage orc version in 40K and precursors to beast snaggas, were out in the early 90’s at least. It’s not a new thing, just new weird words for them and a slightly revised design.

Snakebitez rode boars instead of bikes and used huge monsters instead of tanks. It’s just the same.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Are the hobgrots much worse ruleswise? I've been looking at the second hand market for gutrippaz, which I could use for my WHFB army, and noticed that the hobgrots are selling at like, half the price of gutrippaz.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I like the Krule Boyz, except for the hobgobbos. If they had just done a few revisions to those designs, I think the whole set would have been a home run.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

They reproduced by kidnapping human women in the old fluff

Yeah they tried to use the common changeling theme of Irish and Norse myths, and well, their take on it didn't work that well by their own admission.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

hooman posted:

Is anyone else restarting their old square basy fantasy armies as a long term run up to Warhammer: The old world?

Yup, this Summer I picked up a bunch of second hand O&G that I'm adding to my old O&G army. I had greenskins from 4th to 8th edition, playing on and off, but I was not good at painting armies then. Now, hardened by historicals, I'm going back to paint up the army that I wanted but never managed to paint up. Square bases all the way, mostly old school greenskins.

I have maybe some 3 000 - 4 000 pts sitting in my cupboard now, and painted up my first three goblin units. Feels good. :) Back then I could barely paint a unit in a year, now I'm easily pushing out 2-3 units per month when I'm in painting mode.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 11, 2021

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

hooman posted:

I'm in a similar situation, picking up my 4th-6th edition high elves and finally adding the units that 8 year old me dreamed of owning.

Using methylated spirits to strip the THIN YOUR PAINTS basecoats so I can paint them. Working on a unit of archers at the moment, and just going to work unit by unit until I have a finished army.

Yeah I set up a tiny lab on top of my fridge, with two glass jars: one with methylated spirits, one with simple green. There has been consecutive batches of greenskins stewing in those jars for months now. :)

Is oldschool WHFB chat suitable for this thread or is it junking it up? I have my first three units ready for basing soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Honestly, if I was living somewhere with a lot of fire, I would probably skip long beard even if that is unthinkable to average dorfs. I remember tho Chronopia had beardless dwarfs and those were disturbing to look at

Yeah Chronopia had both beardless and bearded dwarves. Bulky boyz.