Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
How's Underworlds Rivals as a format? Definitely have no desire to collect random warbands for competitive decks, but definitely tempted to grab a handful of warbands to paint up and have premade decks ready to roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Maybe Sylvaneth from Drycha's angry faction?
They did say "watch the treeline", so that's my guess.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

zerofiend posted:

The game alternates activations between players per unit, but you have to pre-plan your activations for the turn before you even know who has first activation. So you have to anticipate what they're going to move first to not end up out of position. It's legitimately a cool mechanic but the rest of the game is mediocre.
While it's not the stack system, now I'm really hankering for a rank and flank with alternating activations that incorporates Armadas dial system, where you have to order bigger units more turns in advance to simulate their more ponderous command. Highly doubt GW is gonna take any risks like that with Old World though.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
It's me, I'm the person who is unreasonably hyped by square bases in formation and don't care if TOW is literally just old plastic kits with different bases in the box.
The tomb kings and dark elves plastics were just about perfect anyway.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
That manticore whips poo poo goddamn. I hope the inevitable Cities of Sigmar warband is as rad as the stuff so far.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Now that you mention it, they'd look pretty excellent to add variety to a Cawdor gang.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
"It’s only available in the US via subscription“

This helps with the scalper issue but I liked just picking up the occasional interesting Imperium. Hope its in newsagents in Aus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Getting rid of the double turn would make the game worse but it's such a meme among people who don't play AOS as a shorthand for "AOS sucks" that it would probably be a good business move.
Noone read the article?

"On top of all that, there are modular rules, plenty more opportunities for reactivity in your opponent’s turn via an updated system of command points and abilities, and a ton of tweaks and refinements – not least to the double turn, which has been fine-tuned into a knife-edge decision with a clever twist to scoring. Put simply, it is the best edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar yet."