Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Alright I've decided my first AoS army is going to be Tzeentch. I want to run some Chaos Warriors in it too but I wonder how that's going to work out will all the upcoming changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I doubt there would be a problem. Chaos Warriors have an ability that lets you declare them for a party up at God. Use that ability to declare them for Tzeentch and you can take them as battleline.

Weren't people worried about the changes in battleline sizes in relation to chaos? Might have misread.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Well I was going to ask when the GHB came out but with the leak I may as well ask now. I'm building a Tzeentch army and I would like to know what would be a good 1000 point list and what I could do later to get it to 2000 points.

Also I'm unfamiliar with the rules so can someone explain to me what changes made it so you can't/not want to run chaos warriors in a non STD list now? I wanted to run some as a tanky front line.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

you can but they no longer count towards your compulsory batleline. Specifically just that, they're still part of your army still count as battleline for the purposes of reinforcements et al.

Essentially you'll need to take 2+ Acolytes/Tzaangors/Horrors or whatever your general or change coven gives you.
Alright I'll have to definitely figure this but it's nice to know I can still do it.

So far starting a Tzeentch army is the start collecting demons box any good?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

drat if there's plenty of stock for dominion that actually makes it really tempting to get. But as much as I love the models I have no idea what I would do with them, I'm not planning to run a Stormcast or Orrruks army.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

We got another new book for Soulbound for those interested in the RPG.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/news-events/

How is the RPG anyway?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I want to play AoS and Old World when that comes out. I see the appeal in both settings.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Good Lord. Warscroll builder being maintained by a single dude who isn’t even an employee is so peak GW I don’t even know. Billion dollar company and it’s like the only IT related thing they have that doesn’t suck poo poo. Of course it’s fan-made. Even their bog standard community web page is kinda lovely. I guess the online store is okay.

The 200 year old men who run the company probably don't even know what the internet even is.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Even if they’re officially SCE units, that still means 1 in 4 Cities of Sigmar coalition.

A CoS army running dragons and phoenixes would be pretty cool

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 26, 2021

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I still think the dumbest poo poo is forcing you to take ALL of them at once, thus taking up like 3 Leader spots. I wish I could just take like, some of the Vyrkos and maybe Goreslav, or one Vargskyr, instead of being forced to just inject them all and forfeit an army of like Radukar The Beast + Belladomma or something like that

Didn't the errata change that?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I'm looking to turn the start collecting tzeentch box into a 1000 point army.

I'm planning to build the fateskimmer on chariot and then running the army under the eternal conflagration change coven and running the pink horrors and flamers as battleline.

I'm also planning on running the screamers which leaves me with 370 points left.

I know I want to run a second leader unit and I was originally thinking a magister because they're cheap. But maybe there's something better I should run I'm not sure.

For the points that are left I was thinking of running either a unit of tzaangors, a unit from beasts/STD or a behemoth from beats/STD.

Any suggestions?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

okay first off I think you might be using old point values because you should have 330pts left.

being tzeentch is squishy so I feel like you need a) more casting and b) a unit that can take some hits. A Changcaster + Tzaangors is exactly 330pts. Magister + Tzeentch marked Warriors is 325.

Also keep in mind you also have an Exalted Flamer in the kit, but that leaves behind a bit of an awkward points value that's just over the threshold where you can take tzaangors.

Alternatively the Pink Horrors can be your tanky unit by grabbing two boxes of blue/brimstones. You should probably get these anyway.

If you wanna go with a behemoth option, the Sorceror on a Manticore is actually priced to move at 270pts and gets you another caster, but leaves you with a 60pt gap you can really only fill with an endless spell.

You're right about the points I just hosed up the count.

I will definitely get extra horrors when I start expanding but for now with this army I need the pink horrors alone to fill the required 2 battleline units. Unless I misunderstood how that works.

If I went for the StD sorcerer what would be a good endless spell to fill with? Honestly I think I want to avoid this option but it depends how good the new monster rules are and not having one is make or break.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

horrors stay battlline as long as the unit starts with pinks, they can still split and stuff. Also you can use the blues, brimstones, and exalted flamer as summoned units.

monsters are heavily pushed and can get you (or cost you) extra victory points in the current battlepack.

as for endless spells I'm not sure. Chronomantic Cogs is a good one at 45pts but unless you can somehow snag one separately its part of an expensive boxed set. Never really had much experience with the tzeentch endless spells.

Well it's not going to be cheap getting the extra horrors anyway. I'll definitely consider that option now though.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I mean its dancing around the idea that the correct answer to "what monster do I use in a Tzeentch army" is a Lord of Change but a Manticore is almost a third of the price and still quite good.

Yeah of course but for a 1k point army a lord of change would be way overkill. Maybe this shows I don't really need monsters for a 1k point game.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

bagrada posted:

Old World/Total Warham info, but a Cathay trailer is up for TWW3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033FWxL22A0

The Warhammer community post doesn't say that Cathay is coming to the old world but all their concept art has the old world logo on it. I found that amusing.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Finally got around to buying a start collecting tzeentch deamons box to start my first army. Probably not the best choice for a first army but I like the models a lot so whatever.

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 20, 2021

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Lucinice posted:

Finally got around to buying a start collecting tzeentch deamons box to start my first army. Probably not the best choice for a first army but I like the models a lot so whatever.

Actually got a question before I assemble these. Few months ago I asked here about how to build a 1000 point army and I had my general as a changecaster on burning chariot but like are they even any good? It seems like it probably isn't.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

drat the point changes ruined my 1k Tzeentch army before I was even able to use it once.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

is there a list out of there what the square base sizes for models taken from Warhammer Fantasy were? I'm thinking that if I buy any AOS models that were also used in fantasy I'd just base them on their original square base sizes to prepare for when the old world comes out and get some converters to use them in AOS.

Plus I also know some people who want to play some old versions of fantasy so I'm not just preparing for a game we probably won't see until 2024.

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 29, 2022

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Don't forget the STD book is in the winter so they're probably saving some of those other new units for more reveals over the coming month.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

So I bought some kairic acolytes for my tzeentch army and was wondering if it was worth giving them any alternate weapons or keeping them all sword and shield. The bird that hurt wizards is tempting but I worry they'll be too fragile

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 4, 2022

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Models with scroll or birb can still take sword and board. Guys with glaives are still carrying shields so only time you are replacing shield is when giving them dual weapons.

Ah okay the book didn't make it totally clear. So pretty much no reason not to take those options.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I'm surprised they kept the new curseling close visually to the original Warhammer Fantasy character. I wonder if the character will be around for the old world.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Hopefully the old world will either launch or be fully revealed in 2023.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's a Cogfort whose art first showed up in the Soulbound RPG. Though Cogforts have been in the lore since the start.

If they got rid of steam tanks and replaced them with these I think that would bea good trade

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

All the mega gargants are made from one kit right? I guess You can only add so many extra pieces to the box.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I wonder if all the old cities of sigmar units will get moved over to the old world or if they're going to give new sculpts for every unit.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Shame the ninja maneater isn't one of the models in the set.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

is the Vanguard box for ogres decent?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Gitz are high up on a list of factions that I want for a second army so hopefully the new battletome doesn't suck.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Man none of my local game stores offer black friday deals on GW products.

Something loving has to be going on here.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

IncredibleIgloo posted:

GW has sent notice to stockists that their wholesale costs are going up 5.8% while recommended product price remains the same, in an attempt to draw more traffic to GW's direct sales. That may or may not be impacting things. The store near my parent's house had 20% prior to Black Friday, which was nice, but it was in store and in stock stuff only, no pre-order.

For fucks sake GW why do you have to make games I want to play?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I voted for blackpowder's buccaneers. Love a good pirate

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Talas posted:

Meanwhile, the Celestant Prime can do nothing while in reserve :argh:

daddy Sigmar says no

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

GW this hobby makes me poor enough

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I know it's another hobby but moving to 3d printing has been such a money saver for me. There's a model for almost anything out there.
Not everyone has the time and space of course.

Edit: I'm half awake, you probably weren't being literal lol

I want to get a 3d printer some day for terrain. I don't know if I'll get one for minis because one of the only places around me I can play is an official GW store.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

No, instead they're just kinda doomed to languish with older models until GW decides to update them whenever they get around to making the Khazalid Empire a thing for real.

Unless they want every model in old world to be usable in AoS I wouldn't count on that.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

smug jeebus posted:

I'm guessing you didn't actually play Dreadfleet

It doesn't have to have the same rules as the original.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not sure what I want more, chorfs in aos or chorfs in old world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Do lots of people want to collect a second gw fantasy game?

It's me, I'm that guy.