Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The glowing eyes is a nice touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

SkyeAuroline posted:

I've been told AoS (or its attached RPGs) gives some actual depictions of the Chaos gods' positive aspects, in contrast to 40k. I don't play, so I don't know, but is that true and if so where do I go find it?
Mors Rattus has done writeups for the Chaos Gods as part of his Soulbound review over at FATAL and Friends.

Here are Khorne and Nurgle, and here are Tzeentch and Slaanesh

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Stormcast armor painted literally anything other than gold always looks amazing and makes the models pop

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Vulture dude rules, and in general I'd like to see more Ork / Orruk salvaging of Chaos ephemera in order to jury-rig some bullshit

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

radlum posted:

I saw someone calling them Scar and Mufasa and now I can't unsee that.
This is a point in their favor

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I want female Fyreslayers with big full beards :colbert:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
AoS realms aren't a 1:1 comparison to DnD's elemental planes. Aqshy isn't the primal source of all fire, it's a place where fire magic is inherently easier to cast and where weird magical fire phenomenon are more common.

Think Eberron's manifest zones.

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 14, 2022

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
To be fair it sounds like the DM is running the free introductory adventure, which involves an Aqshy airship convoy en route to a major city getting shot down by Chaos over a patch of land that's famously uninhabitable due to always being on fire. It's not exactly a perfect introduction to the setting.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Phoenecium?

my interest is piqued.
Goonhammer covers the list.

It's built to specifically kill dragons.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Gonna be a friendly neighborhood murder snake

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Slap an Eldar helmet onto that Enlightener and you'd have a hell of a Farseer

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Hashut callbacks weren't a thing I saw coming in AoS

Chorfs when, GW

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
No matter what armies you have, you will always need neat-looking masked cultists

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Talas posted:

Yeah, I made a kitbashed Lord Celestant with my second Yndrasta. I also sold some of her parts and a friend made a kick-rear end Sigvald with her wings.
You can't say that and not post your Lord Celestant

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I can see Stormcast wearing the big droopy sad-looking British Naval officers' hats like Russel Crowe in Master and Commander ordering volleys of lightning-cannons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Chorfs would be very cool but also I kinda want them to actually finish fleshing out some of the existing factions before adding more. They just added Kruleboyz and they've been trash for their entire existence because they have like 1 viable battleline unit and more heroes than you can run together. Way too many factions just do not have a decent toolbox at their disposal and end up getting pigeonholed into their respective One Good List.

Also new plastic Tomb Kings is the only thing that would instantly get me to buy into The Old World so RIP my wallet apparently.
We still have no idea what Malerion is doing